Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 1, 5:36 AM
Feb 2021
I've been really enjoying this show and I love all the songs of Togenashi Togeari, I'm constantly playing them on loop in my free time.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend any more artists who make similar music, since I'm not very familiar with the japanese music scene myself and would like to add more stuff like this to my playlist.
Jun 1, 6:06 AM
Nov 2023
Tonnar said:
I've been really enjoying this show and I love all the songs of Togenashi Togeari, I'm constantly playing them on loop in my free time.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend any more artists who make similar music, since I'm not very familiar with the japanese music scene myself and would like to add more stuff like this to my playlist.

First stop for most anime watching fans would be Kessoku Band, the band from Bocchi the Rock.
Continuing in anime bands, the Bang Dream franchise has MyGo which sounds a lot like Togenashi Togeari with similar angst themes, as well as Afterglow who are my irl favourite band of all time due to Ayane Sakura’s incredible voice. Roselia are a bit more gothic but seriously good, new band Ave Mujica are just amazing and are incredible live, but then the other bands in the show are less intense but very skilled musicians.
Also in anime, JELEE are from the current Jellyfish anime as well as Sunflower Dolls, then SSGirls are in Whisper Me a Love Song.
Some good real non anime bands include Dazzle Vision, Cyntia, Exina, Existrace, Last May Jaguar, Mia Regina, Moshimo, Polkadot Stingray, Yasuha Kominami and Yaosobi.
Jun 1, 6:35 AM
Feb 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
Tonnar said:

First stop for most anime watching fans would be Kessoku Band, the band from Bocchi the Rock.
Continuing in anime bands, the Bang Dream franchise has MyGo which sounds a lot like Togenashi Togeari with similar angst themes, as well as Afterglow who are my irl favourite band of all time due to Ayane Sakura’s incredible voice. Roselia are a bit more gothic but seriously good, new band Ave Mujica are just amazing and are incredible live, but then the other bands in the show are less intense but very skilled musicians.
Also in anime, JELEE are from the current Jellyfish anime as well as Sunflower Dolls, then SSGirls are in Whisper Me a Love Song.
Some good real non anime bands include Dazzle Vision, Cyntia, Exina, Existrace, Last May Jaguar, Mia Regina, Moshimo, Polkadot Stingray, Yasuha Kominami and Yaosobi.

Thanks for the detailed response, I'll definitely check some of these out!
Jun 1, 6:54 AM
Aug 2021
I second most of that other guy's ^ recommendations for the music quality alone. Especially Afterglow.

The off-tempo pacing, canon progression, modal interchange, secondary dominance, driving rhythms, dynamic structures, and whatever the hell it is they do with the rushed vocals that borderline sounds like straight-up rap, all packed in this weird progressive-sounding rock package has a unique flavor in the scene unique IMO.

Among the bands/artists that I know, Minami, Chiai Fujikawa, FantasticYouth, helios+trope, Yanakoto Sotto Mute, Kaneyorimasaru, School Girl's End, Hello Sleepwalkers, Sokoninaru, natori, scenarioart, The Oral Cigarrettes, Tatsuya Kitani, EVE, and Polkadot Stingray come the closest.

This song by Tsukuyomi as well
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRSvcUozBOc

relive by nonoc
https://youtu.be/GpwqC42DRSQ

And this one by Maaya Uchida
https://youtu.be/gwGH2aP93Ho

I would toss in Band-Maid as well because any person worth any respect needs to know just how spectacular they are.
AnimaticideJun 1, 2:33 PM
Jun 1, 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
For starters, I recommend MyGo, Roselia, Afterglow, and Morfonica from Bandori, and Kessoku Band from Bocchi the Rock. Girls Dead Monster from Angel Beats is also great, but their music sadly isn’t on Spotify. Some Love Live and Idolm@ster songs might interest you too. Like Chase by Setsuna.

You should also check out Silent Siren, Chili Beans, SCANDAL, yonige, The Peggies, 明くる夜の羊, Kaneyorimasaru, School Girls End, and goomiey (if you’re looking for a girl band). Some great bands with female lead singers are Polkadot Stingray, Yorushika, and SWALLOW. There are also solo artists like 青い子 and FINLANDS.

I recommend looking up indie rock bands. There are so many. Both well known and underground. And if you like any of those, look at the “fans also like” section. Hope this helps! (Feel free to message me if you want more recs. I’m always on the hunt for new music)
Jun 1, 10:20 AM
Nov 2023
Try another Tsukuyomi song, absolute perfection

https://youtu.be/ilAUa3_6ME4?si=3Am937tA-8PFBEnV
Jun 1, 10:22 AM
Nov 2023
I also left out the Peggies cos anyone who hasn’t watched Seishun Buta Yarou doesn’t deserve to find them…
Jun 10, 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
Kuhakugokko, Chatmonchy, Chilldspot, Hitsujibungaku, Majiko, Itsue, pettels (link to the song since its kinda hard to find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iRyatB6YUo), Regal lily, Uplift Spice/The musmus, tricot // edit: and this https://youtu.be/AZxP_uVzpjQ?si=5BfwcnVKWKFXuzq7 song by haru nemuri, her other songs are also nice.

Went only for bands with female vocals, if you would like me to share more let me know!:D
HimuruJun 11, 4:15 PM
Jun 12, 2:27 AM

Jan 2020
Of course all franchise from Bang dream 😁
Jun 14, 9:22 AM
Feb 2024
I'll add a few more rock bands with female vocalists that I listen to but haven't seen mentioned here yet: Stereopony, Nemophila, Gacharic Spin, Aldious, Show-Ya, Lovebites, Hagane

One good way to find all-women Japanese bands is to look at the lineup for Naon no Yaon, a festival that Show-Ya puts on every year at the Yaon.

Another way to find Japanese music artists in general is to check out the YouTube channel The First Take, which showcases a lot of artists from a wide range of genres.
XaphnirJun 14, 9:52 AM
Jun 14, 2:53 PM

Apr 2024
better try Lapis Re:light, a true great music show, even though the ending is kinda rush
Jun 14, 4:34 PM

Jun 2019
Just listen to 88kasyo junrei. It's all you need.
Jun 14, 9:44 PM

Mar 2024
They're definitely a jrock group so that

They're our friends. You'll have to trust that they'll forgive us.

More topics from this board

» Can this anime become the #1 3DCG anime?

shigureftlux - Jun 14

45 by TransferUser »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 14

82 by Tofucado »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

45 by Ishitateso »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

133 by YourDelusion »»
Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 7

59 by chocomayu »»
Jun 20, 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.