Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 4:17 AM
Mar 2016
my friend is coping until january lol
May 29, 5:38 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to OvergrownRover
salest said:
Did anyone here actually watch the Lupin III movies? You can call the director mid, but You Moriyama has worked on great action projects like the Goemon Film. Y'all should really start watching more series, cause calling TMS, the guys that made Lupin and Conan, a mid studio is just dishonest.

Their latest outputs outside their newest Conan movie have been abyssal
@OvergrownRover guess you don't like Dr. Stone.
May 29, 8:25 AM
Nov 2020
18927 said:
@luvcalv UU was made by different studio. Sadly it's not bait, but true facts unfortunately. Given recent TMS' works and director's works, having Sakamoto in their hands doesn't fill me with joy.

idk why it’s listed as one of tms works when you click in the studio page but you’re right, my bad.
May 29, 10:28 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to luvcalv
18927 said:
@luvcalv UU was made by different studio. Sadly it's not bait, but true facts unfortunately. Given recent TMS' works and director's works, having Sakamoto in their hands doesn't fill me with joy.

idk why it’s listed as one of tms works when you click in the studio page but you’re right, my bad.
@luvcalv TMS wasn't responsible for animating it, they are just one of producers. That's why you see UU on their page.
May 29, 1:26 PM

May 2023
18927 said:
It's Sakamover. Lower your expectations and maybe you'll enjoy this.

homie you skipped the trailer or what? shit looked crazy what you on about
May 29, 1:59 PM
Nov 2020
18927 said:
@luvcalv TMS wasn't responsible for animating it, they are just one of producers. That's why you see UU on their page.

yeah that makes sense
May 29, 2:00 PM
Nov 2020
18927 said:

yeah that makes sense, the more you know.
May 29, 8:15 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to salest
@OvergrownRover guess you don't like Dr. Stone.
@salest
Dr Stone’s animation is average at best, plus its quality wouldn’t give me anything to base Sakamoto on since it’s completely different from DS, it’s like saying “this studio made this dialogue focused political anime very well that means this shonen non stop action series will look good”
May 29, 11:50 PM
Aug 2022
yg said:
tms is one of the greatest studios oat 🤗 i’m sure it won’t look like dog shit like their other stuff!

No they are not, but still excited for the anime
May 30, 12:18 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to SoulReaper01_
18927 said:
It's Sakamover. Lower your expectations and maybe you'll enjoy this.

homie you skipped the trailer or what? shit looked crazy what you on about
@SoulReaper01_ Lots of slides and impact frames. No real movement and any effects aside from wind-like waves. Only first few seconds look actually a little above average
May 30, 5:19 AM
Sep 2017
I'm still being optimistic about TMS. But it's still kinda weird how they treat SakaDays tho, despite it being one of the top manga... The other manga got a better Studio.. and I'm sure they know SakaDays is literally known for its top tier fighting choreography.. That's why I didn't even expect TMS to be animating it. Even Dandadan will be animated by Science SARU.. Undead Unluck was animated by David Production.. I hope they ain't just doing this for the sake of it. If TMS can do this justice, TMS gonna be up there with Top Tier studio like Madhouse and Wit...
May 30, 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
After the thread where people called Doga Kobo a “no-name studio”, nothing surprises me anymore.
May 31, 1:55 PM
Apr 2022
Let me guess, it's mid-studio because it's not Ufotable, right?
Jun 1, 12:18 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Kukuru97
Let me guess, it's mid-studio because it's not Ufotable, right?
@Kukuru97 Or mappa 🤓
Jun 1, 3:18 PM
Jan 2015
Do y'all even like anime at this point?
Jun 2, 4:12 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to amidamarloes
Do y'all even like anime at this point?
@amidamarloes Most people on this site don't, lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 3, 2:41 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to thebrentinator24
@amidamarloes Most people on this site don't, lol.
@thebrentinator24 yeah, pretty sure most people don't
Jun 16, 7:24 AM
Jan 2020
I'm a big fan, my profile pic and everything, but yeah, when I saw what the studio did previously, I was kinda bummed, I hoped that Wit or Mappa would get this one, with all the action it has, but oh well, we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Jun 26, 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
Mid director? Absolutely. But calling TMS a mid studio requires being about as strict a critique on them as you possibly can.
Sure they arent any Mappa or Madhouse with battle animation or White Fox with background and details.
But they definitely aren't middling. As an avid watcher and fan of one of the most hated genres, Isekai, which often has the worst battle scenes and an overuse of narrative still frames it would make the Monogatari seriers proud.

TMS lately has had Dr Stone, Undead Unluck, Fruits Basket Remake, and Megalo Box, not even speaking on their older stuff like Lupin, Conan, and Kenichi.

I could prolly call them a mid Studio back in like 2010 where they werent releasing any thing amazing except 1 lupin movie every few years. But, now? Nah, they are definitely a good studio.
Nai wa~
Jun 29, 1:57 PM

May 2009
Reply to Euroqean
Aw fuck sakes. TMS is the LAST studio you'd wanna entrust a fast paced manga to, prepare for an absolute snoozefest. Not even 2024 normie overhype will save this from disappointment
@Euroqean You are judging pacing based on studio just because Conan instead you should judge series composite/scriptwriter who adapts chapters into episode.
Jul 1, 8:48 AM
Jul 2022
imma report this thread since this is trolling and ragebaiting at this point

Jul 7, 9:34 AM
Jan 2024
Fuck the studio, fuck the director, Sugita is Sakamoto, end of argument.
Jul 31, 1:22 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to -ShWeePs-
Mid director? Absolutely. But calling TMS a mid studio requires being about as strict a critique on them as you possibly can.
Sure they arent any Mappa or Madhouse with battle animation or White Fox with background and details.
But they definitely aren't middling. As an avid watcher and fan of one of the most hated genres, Isekai, which often has the worst battle scenes and an overuse of narrative still frames it would make the Monogatari seriers proud.

TMS lately has had Dr Stone, Undead Unluck, Fruits Basket Remake, and Megalo Box, not even speaking on their older stuff like Lupin, Conan, and Kenichi.

I could prolly call them a mid Studio back in like 2010 where they werent releasing any thing amazing except 1 lupin movie every few years. But, now? Nah, they are definitely a good studio.
@-ShWeePs-, studio matters, not a director. TMS is an amazing studio!
Jul 31, 8:37 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Memore
@-ShWeePs-, studio matters, not a director. TMS is an amazing studio!
@Memore The director, the guy who literally will control and supervise everything in the production "doesn't matter"? Are you hearing yourself?
Jul 31, 9:01 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Oongbuh
@Memore The director, the guy who literally will control and supervise everything in the production "doesn't matter"? Are you hearing yourself?
@Oongbuh, yes, I know.
Aug 1, 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty unhappy with the choice of the studio and the director too.

Hope Taku Kishimoto and You Moriyama will save the show.
Aug 1, 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
Nice bait, surprised mods didn't lock this down yet
Deep dark fantasies
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A new Shanks card has been drawn by Yuto Suzuki, the author of Sakamoto Days !!

Hickykissy - 4 hours ago

4 by someguy »»
4 hours ago

» HYPE THREAD!!11!!1

FruitPunchBaka - May 27

8 by college_boy »»
6 hours ago

» Netflix simulcast confirmed

RealNath - Jul 31

4 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 19, 7:24 PM

» Additional cast unveiled

Dbagas8 - Jul 30

3 by alfsta »»
Jul 31, 4:10 AM

» Comments from author, director and VA + pv

ryzxgum - May 27

8 by Memore »»
Jul 31, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.