Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 24, 6:00 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like things ate picking up, we are near the end. But what's with that village though? I feel like they skipped a few things
May 24, 7:19 AM

Feb 2021
Now they have to make a big decision.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 24, 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
Now I know why I hate Kabru so much. And I'm not alone, apparently he also hates a self centered person which who he really is; a narcissistic prick. Never like it when he's on screen.

There's prophecies now? Man I hope it turns out Laios isn't the one because that would be boring af.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 24, 8:29 AM

Dec 2022
Damn, this is getting deeper, and it also makes sense that he turned into dust after leaving the town with his age stacked, but due to the immortality spell cast in the town, they didn't die, but the moment he left the town, those stacked ages came down on him.

May 24, 9:30 AM
Jan 2017
one of the best anime ever, I hope people enjoy it.
May 24, 9:40 AM

May 2019
It was different to see Izutsumi being docile and closer to Marcille and the theory that it's due to Izutsumi being half monster is intriguing.

Things are getting more interesting although with 3 episodes remaining I don't see the storyline with main group stuck inside the dungeon ending on a conclusive note so I also hope another season is announced.
May 24, 1:33 PM

Jul 2022
getting real interesting
May 24, 2:51 PM

Dec 2019
peaceful yet depressing village, is this where neko Izutsumi belongs? I don't wanna part ways with her:(
May 24, 4:37 PM
Apr 2021
LMAOOO this episode killed me with the Minotaur tiddies and Laios looking at his hand when Izutsumi slapped it away had me in tears I love this guy man Laios is beyond off the spectrum fam😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣

LMAO at Falin coming to save Laios with a spiked club while her eyes are closed she’s so cute😭

I love how Marcille’s hairstyle changes so frequently in this show instead of having the same hairstyle it’s so refreshing and nice to see and her hairstyle in this episode was gorgeous🥰

BRO WHO TF WAS THAT BLACK ELF BITCH!?!? IVE NEVER SEEN AN ELF THAT SHADE OF BLACK BEFORE AND IM HERE FOR IT!!! She looks soooo pretty I love her design😩😩😩😩🔥

The lore building in this episode was insaneeee imo, the fact that the lord of the islands barely has any say to the elf people fascinates me and it looks like the ship they arrived in looks very 1400’s ish to me to it’s cool to know that the Ship is the main way of transportation in this world. And I can’t believe it was King Delgan who crawled out of the dungeon and crumbled into dust like brooo the lore drops in this episode is soooo good🤩😫🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Treyv0nMay 24, 4:41 PM
May 24, 8:50 PM

Mar 2020
Laios-kun milking a minotaur.

Also Izutsumi-chan is so adorable.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 24, 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
Didnt expect a town like that to exist in the dungeon. I wonder for what purpose these people are kept there immortal.
May 24, 9:38 PM

Jul 2022
Laios seems to be the chosen one to free all those souls confined in the dungeon. It's crazy to think that the fate of the island, and probably the country, depends on this guy. It's not a bad idea, but I can't figure out how he's going to conquer the dungeon. Although I think the fact that he's the way he is makes him the perfect candidate, his love/curiosity for monsters is starting to worry me. Today he looked stranger than ever.

May 25, 2:09 AM

Sep 2010
TheColonel76 said:
And this ended up taking them to a new place within the dungeon that’s home to a bunch of people cursed with immortality to the point they can no longer taste anything, and this was apparently done by the dark elf lad, I’m starting to think this guy is an asshole lol. This also explained that story of that Delgal guy turning to dust that we heard before, I guess he’s the only one that was successful in getting things rolling with the lord of the dungeon being dealt with, and this also explains the ghosts, maybe don’t tell them you made ice cream out of them lol. And there were lots of interesting things about this place, like monsters being docile and the weird outfits Marcille put on, it was funny how excited Laios was about milking that Minotaur lol, but as cool as this place is, the people living there are a sad existence, and with just three episodes left I’m not sure if we’ll see this situation solved but I’m really looking forward to the rest regardless, it’s been an absolute joy of a show.
Hm.. the lunatic magician seemed fond of Delgal. Perhaps he feared losing Delgal to natural death much like Marcille fears the deaths of her friends with shorter lifespans. He seems to have partially succeeded with the dungeon's curse of immortality, and the pocket dimension in which the old inhabitants of the golden kingdom continue to live forever. I'm reminded a little of Final Fantasy X, now that I think about it.
The village looks like a sort of heaven - a peaceful, beautiful land. -and yet its inhabitants wish to move on. Interesting how in an anime about enjoying food, one of the prices of immortality is to no longer be able to enjoy food.

Delgal's grandson says they're pleased to watch others enjoy eating... is he referring to others who entered the village before Laios' group, or just the few villagers who still eat? Also, he looks a little more like a woman to me.

Interesting, that lion has been on Laois' sword for a few episodes now. Nice to know what that winged lion all over the old city represented.

fathandz said:
I really love the designs and personalities of every elf in the canaries group. The creator did a great job in making everyone look interesting and distinct (no same face/same body syndrome) while giving them all memorable character traits.
They seem a little too different. Look at Toshiro's party, they all have light skin and straight dark hair. It's believable that they're all from his home country.
Then look at the Canaries. All different hairstyles, only one similar to Marcille's. Skin ranging from light to dark. Two different styles of tattoo. Their hair colors are all fairly light though, and their clothing, while widely varying, all seems to be a variation on a similar basic design, or uniform. It's as if the western elves come from a huge nation, and these 6 are elites pulled from different subcultures.

Aside, the lord of the island appears to be drunk, with that red nose. Looks like the elves were plying him with alcohol.
TakataMay 25, 5:03 AM
May 25, 2:24 AM

Sep 2010
Episode 10, the lord of the island, 16-petal flower motif.

Episode 21, grandson of Delgal, 16-petal flower motif. Indicator of some common lineage between Delgal and the current lord of the island?
May 25, 6:37 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Takata
TheColonel76 said:
And this ended up taking them to a new place within the dungeon that’s home to a bunch of people cursed with immortality to the point they can no longer taste anything, and this was apparently done by the dark elf lad, I’m starting to think this guy is an asshole lol. This also explained that story of that Delgal guy turning to dust that we heard before, I guess he’s the only one that was successful in getting things rolling with the lord of the dungeon being dealt with, and this also explains the ghosts, maybe don’t tell them you made ice cream out of them lol. And there were lots of interesting things about this place, like monsters being docile and the weird outfits Marcille put on, it was funny how excited Laios was about milking that Minotaur lol, but as cool as this place is, the people living there are a sad existence, and with just three episodes left I’m not sure if we’ll see this situation solved but I’m really looking forward to the rest regardless, it’s been an absolute joy of a show.
Hm.. the lunatic magician seemed fond of Delgal. Perhaps he feared losing Delgal to natural death much like Marcille fears the deaths of her friends with shorter lifespans. He seems to have partially succeeded with the dungeon's curse of immortality, and the pocket dimension in which the old inhabitants of the golden kingdom continue to live forever. I'm reminded a little of Final Fantasy X, now that I think about it.
The village looks like a sort of heaven - a peaceful, beautiful land. -and yet its inhabitants wish to move on. Interesting how in an anime about enjoying food, one of the prices of immortality is to no longer be able to enjoy food.

Delgal's grandson says they're pleased to watch others enjoy eating... is he referring to others who entered the village before Laios' group, or just the few villagers who still eat? Also, he looks a little more like a woman to me.

Interesting, that lion has been on Laois' sword for a few episodes now. Nice to know what that winged lion all over the old city represented.

fathandz said:
I really love the designs and personalities of every elf in the canaries group. The creator did a great job in making everyone look interesting and distinct (no same face/same body syndrome) while giving them all memorable character traits.
They seem a little too different. Look at Toshiro's party, they all have light skin and straight dark hair. It's believable that they're all from his home country.
Then look at the Canaries. All different hairstyles, only one similar to Marcille's. Skin ranging from light to dark. Two different styles of tattoo. Their hair colors are all fairly light though, and their clothing, while widely varying, all seems to be a variation on a similar basic design, or uniform. It's as if the western elves come from a huge nation, and these 6 are elites pulled from different subcultures.

Aside, the lord of the island appears to be drunk, with that red nose. Looks like the elves were plying him with alcohol.
Takata said:
Hm.. the lunatic magician seemed fond of Delgal. Perhaps he feared losing Delgal to natural death much like Marcille fears the deaths of her friends with shorter lifespans. He seems to have partially succeeded with the dungeon's curse of immortality, and the pocket dimension in which the old inhabitants of the golden kingdom continue to live forever.

That’s a really good theory, as of rn I have to agree, and if that’a the case it’s a really interesting take on how an elf lives a much longer life, it’s probably gonna be used to make us have sympathy for the Lunatic Magician.
May 25, 10:54 AM
Jun 2020
Things are getting pretty interesting tbh I didin't think the anime was gonna get this far and do it all do smooth and seemlessly carrying the story in a great way I really love this anime
May 25, 1:53 PM

Oct 2016
So much lore introduced in this episode. It seems like there may be more to Laios than meets the eye. He’s just a normal dude, but for some reason, everyone sees some kind of potential inside of him. I can’t wait to see what he decides to do in the next episode. (8/10)
May 25, 4:04 PM

May 2022
Pretty interesting that place where they went with the Ghost's help. The history of the Dungeon is coming out to our group.

The elves from the ending are finally here and things are getting harder.

Curious to know what happened to Izutsumi, she looks like and normal cat and a normal kid at the same time.
May 25, 10:36 PM
Feb 2024
Hey.. can anyone remind me what it was that Laios said to the orc chief? I think it was something along the lines of them defeating the red dragon or clearing the dungeon??
May 26, 2:19 AM
Sep 2021
The story is progressing well & we are now at a point where Laios & his party needs to take care of the magician, so that the dungeon & the living organisms in it can survive.
May 26, 2:29 AM
Oct 2020
I was expecting them to say they were chosen because they were able to establish a deeper connection by eating "the produce" of the dungeon, but then it just turned out to be a prophecy.

On the other hand, they said the prophecies come from the winged lion, so I wonder if there's more to it (and not as much "you are just the one", as they seemed to imply). It could just not be a prophecy, but rather the lion is a sort of watcher of the dungeon, and their only way to communicate with the villagers is through dreams.

May 26, 3:34 AM

Jul 2023
They barely ate anything only to be transported to an accursed land where the dwellers have become immortal.

Also, elves have the power to destroy. So the plot is getting darker.

Kabru's character is now redeemed. From an insufferable twat, we can now emphatise with him. Thanks to him that he is helping the party to do what they need to do to save Fallin and defeat the evil magician without necessitating the intervention of the elves.
May 26, 12:02 PM
Jun 2016
amazing episode, really enjoyed it.
May 26, 10:10 PM

Apr 2009
Ah so these were the ship-bound elves shown on the first OP theme.

So Kabru really was really interested on Laios back then, he's disappointed now after finally meeting and personally appraised him.

If Delgal is really dead (he turned to dust as recounted by Marcille on the current general knowledge) and learning of this, his grandson said he was "liberated from his suffering", then why is the lunatic magician still looking for him?

Our catgirl turning into full cat mode. XD

Come on Laios, fufill your destiny! /s LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 27, 2:28 AM
Feb 2015
Marcille is beautiful in that dress, lot of hilarious moment they really having fun in this mysterious realm
May 27, 4:56 PM

Feb 2019
I don't really understand, is the golden castle they saw a different dimension or like the dungeon itself is an illusion? Where are they?
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
May 27, 8:27 PM
Sep 2020
rainbowScarlet said:
Note to self: pick up more random swords on the ground.

Strange animated armours lying in dungeons distributing swords is no basis for a system of government
May 27, 8:59 PM
Apr 2022
SENSHI BUTT BOOTY NAKED OILE DUP WHEN ?????
May 29, 9:07 AM
Apr 2023
LOL King Laios? That's already funny enough just imagining it 😂
May 30, 11:07 AM

Sep 2018
Love the funny ghost getting angry at being called evil. Awesome minotaur too! 5/5
May 30, 11:14 AM
Oct 2022
The faces in this episode were just perfect. It's the best, most memeable one, by far.
May 30, 1:53 PM
Jul 2023
Was it me or did that one Emo elf that whispered in Kaburus ear have no legs?
May 31, 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The more lore is revealed, the more invested I feel. First cour was already entertaining but this show's second half has been absolutely fantastic. Now I can't wait to learn more about this mysterious village and this Lion deity.
Also the mix of seriousness, comedy and plot progression was superb. From the Western Elves finally being introduced to Laios' desolated reaction because Izutsumi didn't let him pet her. Everything was enjoyable from beginning to end.
Jun 6, 7:14 AM

Jul 2017
Shuro and the party are back, but seeing a ship by the Elves only means trouble, not to mention the missing Falin, and meeting Toshiro the Island Lord to inform him of the happenings. Needless to say, the report about Falin being a chimera, and Kabru going through his dungeon life only to meet people who fall short of his expectations, Laios was the only sane one, but even he proved to be untrustworthy in his eyes. And being a survivor in the Utaya incident (which the elves know darn well), they concede to his plan to work things out. In the meantime, Senshi cooking eggs with techniques to make Eggs Benedict, it's just as delicious both visually and in taste. But Laios having mana sickness like hallucinations, it's not an evil ghost like the mad mage.

With the same saving ghost hands, Laios and the party are brought to a hidden land named the Golden Castle, and its villagers reckon them like visitors to an unknown world to welcome them like any other. More than that, Marcille wearing a dress is rather different, and Izutsumi recluses into a cat-like state that she cannot decipher. Despite that, the village chief Yaad realigns with the same ghost about the mad mage literally turning their village upside down for 1000 years, due to the prophecy about someone with a winged sword who'll deliver them from the curse. But being a new king ordained with a purpose, Laios is suddenly handed a task that he can't quite fulfill, even with Kensuke.

What will be Laios's answer to Yaad?
Jun 8, 4:01 AM

Sep 2021
Laios really likes nipples.
Jun 8, 4:16 PM
Mar 2019
How is a Village in a Dungeon, just how big is it inside?
Jun 14, 4:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the ghosts came from this cursed village, damn, they just became immortal, can't feel hunger etc... but seems like Laios is really the one who will defeat the wizard according to the prophecy...
Jun 17, 7:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh no, not the cow from the Happy Meat Farm.

Anyway, not much cooking time this episode. Dishes being served fast without much Senshi contribution. Because plot moving forward fast here with the surface matter and the deep of the dungeon matter at the same time.

Kabru being helpful, preventing western elf having the more move deep down the dungeon. Even though i don't know how long he manage to hold those bunches, especially those dude elf seems smart enough to smell something sus with Kabru.

Meanwhile, after Laios telling the truth about the ghost stalking, he's being teleported into another dimension which revealed to be the place where the ex of golden kingdom citizens resided. There goes the loyal, the grandkid of Degal. Prophecy has been told, winged lion has been revealed, Kensuke become more important than just an ordinary mollusk.

Wild progression. Not doing the usual dungeon meshi oh dungeon meshi this time. But certainly worth mentioning that Asebi and Marcille outfit looks nice, and i almost chuckle seeing Marcille went red like that.

Oh boy, let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 18, 7:04 PM
Oct 2021
Man, the sad reality of the Dungeon is really starting to hit me.
Jul 3, 6:40 PM

Jun 2020
Kubaru is believes that he know better than anyone to what to do with dungeons which is not a bad thing if he can be at least good at something. He is not a great leader, not the strongest or at least a good at manipulation I cannot image him be actually good at being a leader of the country ( I dont think its country but I forgot) and actually be good at this
Jul 12, 12:04 AM

Jul 2021
We got some lore on the ghosts of the dungeon and the curse placed on the residents of the ancient kingdom. Also a prophecy is revealed and Laios is the hero in shining armor that's supposed to beat the dark elf. I hope they succeed and liberate the townsfolk from their curse.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Jul 21, 6:51 AM

Feb 2020
*Monster exists*

Laios:
Jul 21, 8:07 PM

May 2018
wow minotaur meat :O
Jul 25, 9:22 AM
Apr 2024
What happen in this episode, it was fantastic
Aug 7, 2:28 AM

Jun 2024
Interesting plot progression. I wonder what will happen next.
Aug 15, 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
That uncensored vomit at 14:49 caught me off guard. I'm so used to seeing either rainbows, plain white, or mosaics. They even got the color right considering what they had just eaten.
Aug 16, 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like questions are slowly being answered, that's nice. I wouldn't mind Marcille sleeping in my bed xD
Aug 19, 1:17 PM
Apr 2024
Possible forshadowing? So wholesome though, they look like parents in this scene. Its nice to see the gang enjoying the golden castle after all they've been through.

Aug 26, 6:36 AM

Jun 2017
I felt bad for the poor fairy, being hurt for no reason and crying like that 😢😢.

It was really odd to introduce this big request 3 episodes before the finale though. A really weird place to put it. Wouldn't it make more sense to have them accepting it be the finale of this season?

Regardless, the show is quite enjoyable :).

Oh, and we got the first clear sign of Marcille's feelings for Laios!
Sep 8, 5:11 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This is the beginning of the end isn't it? I have a feeling this few eipsodes remaining won't showcase the whole adventure though since the end would be pretty rushed. Was not expecting an "open end" or more an "wait for next season" kind thing T _ T

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Delicious in Dungeon is the most watched anime on Netflix in the first half/semester of 2024

RealNath - Sep 20

5 by deg »»
Yesterday, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

valoon - Aug 5, 2023

281 by Dawncaller »»
Sep 20, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16

104 by Suri-Fox »»
Sep 19, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 29

101 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22

109 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 19, 12:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.