Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2:50 AM

Jan 2018
Can't be a time travel show without the characters going back in time to visit dinosaurs. Since there were no people then, they used the excuse of a vacation to go there. They deserved a vacation for sure.

Ream without the time patrol gear looks so good. Kid me would've had a huge crush on her for sure just like Shizuka and Sumire.

One of the dinosaurs had fur. I guess it's based on current understanding of dinosaurs possibly having furs or feathers. That's so cool.

That rat is supposed to be the ancestor of humans? Lmao.
May 5, 5:35 AM

Jun 2019
0451 said:
One of the dinosaurs had fur. I guess it's based on current understanding of dinosaurs possibly having furs or feathers. That's so cool.

One of the better and most impressive and enjoyable aspects of this show so far is how they managed in the form of incorporation of small details to take advantage of it coming out now in the present year of 2024 by updating the information contained within it. Like referencing a research paper penned in 2015. That wouldn't be possible if it came out during the 1978 - 1986 period when the original manga source material ran. Or in the 1989 TV movie. Sasuga time travel work.
May 5, 5:48 AM

Jan 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
0451 said:

One of the better and most impressive and enjoyable aspects of this show so far is how they managed in the form of incorporation of small details to take advantage of it coming out now in the present year of 2024 by updating the information contained within it. Like referencing a research paper penned in 2015. That wouldn't be possible if it came out during the 1978 - 1986 period when the original manga source material ran. Or in the 1989 TV movie. Sasuga time travel work.

Yeah. But that's also the tragedy of time travel stories. Just like the future is constantly changing, so is the past. Our perception of the past changes based on new discoveries. So I wouldn’t be surprised if information presented in this show becomes outdated in a few years.
May 5, 5:54 AM

Jun 2019
0451 said:
Yeah. But that's also the tragedy of time travel stories. Just like the future is constantly changing, so is the past. Our perception of the past changes based on new discoveries. So I wouldn’t be surprised if information presented in this show becomes outdated in a few years.

True, but for full-fledged history otaku that also in and of itself provides a valuable time capsule, just like non-time travel-related period piece fiction. It's not just a window into the era depicted, but also serves the dual purpose and function of providing a window into the culture of the time in which it was created and released and any accompanying academic errors or oversights or cultural idiosyncrasies of the day influencing the production.
May 5, 1:37 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
lol the Dinosaur CGI in this episode looks so trashy, it hurted my eyes ngl
May 30, 5:23 PM
Mar 2019
So many different periods of Dinosaurs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 8 Discussion

RecallMyName - May 2

7 by cat_xd »»
Aug 31, 10:34 PM

» The interview

RecallMyName - Aug 11

2 by RecallMyName »»
Aug 11, 9:36 PM

» Season 2 is out

RecallMyName - Jul 17

5 by TrekkieNoob »»
Jul 20, 12:31 AM

» Episode Count

Baka_Ichigo - Jun 13

9 by 0451 »»
Jul 11, 10:29 AM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 1 Discussion

DatRandomDude - May 2

15 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Jun 18, 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.