Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 7, 9:27 PM
Jun 2021
is it just me that’s not really liking the way the shows direction switched by introducing all these mecha elements?

the shows still okay but it kind of throws me off a little having all these supernatural mechs being the main way of fighting.

i loved how raw and gory and hand to hand the first couple of episodes were but i guess that’s done for now

hopefully the next couple of episodes give us a little more of that
Apr 7, 9:36 PM
Sep 2023
Yea it made the show a bit worse imo
Apr 7, 9:39 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kingcrimson122
Yea it made the show a bit worse imo
@Kingcrimson122 yea it def did
Apr 7, 10:22 PM

Apr 2022
i mean, considering the score was above 8.60 during the first few episodes and is now seemingly on track to drop below 8.00, it's definitely not just you.
Apr 7, 10:28 PM
Apr 2021
The score dropped from its initial score in the beginning idk man I’m the minority that likes the mech suits in this show it’s really well animated and not clunky and shit, Sunghoo Park is doing a fantastic job with the 2D and CGI but I do wish it was 2D mechs like in Metallic Rouge, the only time the suits are 2D is when Higan isn’t wearing it but it’s still fine to me
Apr 8, 2:48 AM
Jun 2022
i was so excited for this show in the 1 episode after that it went downhill. it got worse and worse. i finally dropped it give it 5/10 for the 1 episode.
Apr 8, 3:38 AM
Oct 2012
Cyborgs in the style of MGRR would have fit the setting and aesthetic of the show a lot better than mechs.
Apr 8, 4:50 AM

Jul 2010
First episodes hooked me up with sick 2D ninja action, but when director switched to lame ass CGI mech my excitement dropped to zero

The writing is okayish, I'll probably finish the show since it's just 12 episodes, but talk about wasted potential man...
Apr 8, 5:09 AM

Sep 2016
I'm yawning through the battles now because of the mecha fights, however I like the characters more now, especially the hacker dude, he's hilarious.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 8, 8:03 AM
Aug 2021
I actually like the mecha fights, while they aren’t as action-based and exciting as the hand-to-hand fights were in the first few episodes, I still find them enjoyable to watch. It’s interesting seeing the different suit abilities, and I think the suits have more potential with these last three episodes. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of Zai!
Apr 8, 9:34 AM
Sep 2023
Personally, I kinda miss when it was just the high-tech stuff, but no ninja suits mechs. I liked it when it was just straight hands without the suits. I do still enjoy the series. I hope we will shift back to non suit fights. The reaper is giving me hope that we will revert
Apr 8, 11:54 AM

Jan 2009
i do not mind if the 3d mecha is good but nope its ass
Apr 8, 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
I feel you, the hand to hand combat and ninja arts were what drew me into the show the most. I hope that with these last few episodes they get back to that but it's not seeming likely. The mecha element is alright but it doesn't hit the same for me
D6DavidApr 9, 1:55 PM
Apr 8, 3:06 PM

Sep 2018
Yeah same I feel like when they fight in the mecha outfits is a lil boring compared to hand to hand combat and ninja arts. Definitely not the same excitement as the first few episodes.
Apr 8, 6:46 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to ryzxgum
i mean, considering the score was above 8.60 during the first few episodes and is now seemingly on track to drop below 8.00, it's definitely not just you.
@ryzxgum damn i didnt even notice that drop its huge
Apr 8, 6:47 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to AYINLC
Personally, I kinda miss when it was just the high-tech stuff, but no ninja suits mechs. I liked it when it was just straight hands without the suits. I do still enjoy the series. I hope we will shift back to non suit fights. The reaper is giving me hope that we will revert
@AYINLC yeah facts hopefully the final battle gives us some of that
Apr 8, 6:48 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to TheMangaManiac
First episodes hooked me up with sick 2D ninja action, but when director switched to lame ass CGI mech my excitement dropped to zero

The writing is okayish, I'll probably finish the show since it's just 12 episodes, but talk about wasted potential man...
@TheMangaManiac i agree the show had great potential in the beginning sucks that it got reduced to this
Apr 9, 4:48 AM
May 2023
It's a sci-fi story so it doesn't surprise me, but it would've been nice if the ninja element was still there. It feels like the beginning of the anime was completely different to what we have now. The transition shouldn't of been so sudden and the suits are too crazy for what the show is about. From ninjas in the mountains to dudes just going berserk in mech outfits doing insane tech stuff.
Apr 9, 3:17 PM
Apr 2021
Yeah, I just dropped it, unfortunately mecha is just not my cup of tea
Apr 9, 9:08 PM
Mar 2024
I’ll continue watching it, but definitely agree the first few eps were the best
Apr 9, 10:23 PM
Aug 2020
started lit ended up glitch 😕
Apr 11, 3:16 AM
Aug 2021
i liked the premise of the honourable ninjas vs the prideless technology abusing ninjas at the beginning of the series. higan being the one-man-army he is, using only martial arts, ninjutsu and his wit against the "superior" ninjas with suits was a nice intro. it bothers me that they threw all that away and the only difference between the two is higan's motivation for vengeance. it simplifies the story a bit too much imo
Apr 11, 8:04 AM
Oct 2018
The show has gone downhill continuously from episode 1 and this is one of the reasons.
Apr 11, 8:12 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
The only reason I'm watching this is because Tsuda is voicing in this. The other is just extra. I did think it was kind of cool at the first few episodes but the second the mecha shit showed up, this shit just went downhill for me. I'm still going to finish this, only because of Tsuda. But he needs to talk more.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 13, 3:23 AM
Jun 2022
I’m a sucker for good fight choreography (Sword of the Stranger, the OG Naruto VS. Sasuke, and the 4 painful seasons of the outcast i slogged thru to get to the real Tai Chi/Wing Chun in the later ones as examples). The first few eps were amazing. The writing wasn’t anything groundbreaking tbh, very much “John wick but different” but honestly I love those style of stories. Bad guy who turned good, drug back to being bad.

The fighting and animation and writing was all amazing. The choreography sold me more than anything (plus an OP by Coldrain???). But the idea that it went from “I’m the only remaining TRUE ninja” to “I’m too weak to fight back unless I succumb to their new ways” just sucked a lot of it out for me.

I’m not a “CGI BAD REE” kinda person, but good cgi is hard to pull off. It’s not bad, but it’s not brilliant either. The character development and overall story is still phenomenal. I still enjoy it. But every fight now feels like I’m watching Zoids or Power Rangers. Less “cool anime!” And more “Saturday morning cartoon”.

Im hoping for some more return to roots. Maybe after the lieutenants are over, Higan and Lai (I think was his name, Ngl I can’t remember or be bothered to look it up rn, sorry 💀) duke it out, maybe it’ll come to a true fight between ninjas. Overall the suits are cool, but his doesn’t fit him Imo. And it takes away from the punchline the show had at the start.
Apr 15, 7:12 PM
Mar 2021
All the atmosphere in the show go to downgrade when all the mechan appears in my opinion. I preferred when the didn’t use that.
Apr 17, 6:50 PM
Nov 2016
The Mecha element definitely ruined this anime, that being said, I noticed that it was already losing quality even before it happened, it was still watchable but I did notice the downgrade in the direction and the script, but oh boy... when that Mecha shit became a thing then that's when this anime really turned into a pile of dog shit.

This is not about Ninjas anymore, this is just a dumb Mecha anime with crappy animation at this point, I didn't sign for this Mecha shit, at least I wouldn't be complaining if the Mecha shit was good but nope, this Mecha shit is ass.

This is just another promising anime that turned into shit, it happens, nothing that we can do about it, I just want this garbage to end so I can move on from this crap.

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

22 by Deago »»
Today, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

119 by Sagedunicorn »»
Today, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.