Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 8:24 PM
Mar 2021
Never thought I would like this show this much after that 1st episode of season 1, and now that it ended it feels like I have watched one the best romance anime that was genuinely good and wholesome , we have to wait for season 3 as manga doesn't have enough chapters for one whole season
Mar 30, 8:32 PM

Aug 2016
I would say its the best romance-focused anime next to A Silent Voice
:v
Mar 30, 8:57 PM
Apr 2020
As a manga reader, season 2 blew my expectations away. This is easily my favorite romance anime of all time. I cannot say enough good things about this adaptation
Mar 30, 11:44 PM
Jun 2023
My best romance anime, it always makes me soo happy to watch the episodes
Mar 31, 12:03 AM
Jan 2024
RyanHanlon12490 said:
As a manga reader, season 2 blew my expectations away. This is easily my favorite romance anime of all time. I cannot say enough good things about this adaptation

Same. It was absolutely perfect how well they adapted the manga.
Mar 31, 12:04 AM
Mar 2015
From 6.89 score to 8.91 (still going up) , what a ride
Mar 31, 12:22 AM

Mar 2020
never picked the show up when it first gained traction, but so glad I did later so I didn't have to wait much for the second season

Because man this show was incredible. Definitely on my top 5 romance shows of all time.
Mar 31, 12:49 AM
Sep 2017
8.91 on nr20
Lets wait a few days and see how far we can go
But this is by far the best romance focused anime ever. Absolute peak
Mar 31, 6:19 AM
Jan 2022
It was a beautiful adaptation
Mar 31, 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
Personally, while I was surprised at how the romance is fairly grounded/realistic, it just makes the idealized wish-fulfillment that much worse. Of course, I seem to be in the minority of people who just can't get around their pairing. In terms of height, Yamada would be a model by adult standards, let alone for a 13 yr old, and that's not to say anything about her generous... proportions. I don't really have a problem with Ichikawa for the most part, but her design just makes me think the series should have leaned in harder on the fanservice, otherwise what was the point?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 31, 8:01 AM
Aug 2021
josh_exe said:
never picked the show up when it first gained traction, but so glad I did later so I didn't have to wait much for the second season

Because man this show was incredible. Definitely on my top 5 romance shows of all time.

What romance shows are in your top 5? Just wondering
Mar 31, 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah my impressions weren't the best after the first couple episodes in my initial watch but as the series went on and the second season took place, it truly got better and better and it paid off so well with the final episode of season 2. More than that, went from hating Ichikawa's character in the first couple episodes of the series last year to thinking he's been one of the best characters I've seen over the last year I would say among anime that have aired which is astounding to me.
Mar 31, 8:42 AM
Feb 2024
LostSpectre said:
Personally, while I was surprised at how the romance is fairly grounded/realistic, it just makes the idealized wish-fulfillment that much worse. Of course, I seem to be in the minority of people who just can't get around their pairing. In terms of height, Yamada would be a model by adult standards, let alone for a 13 yr old, and that's not to say anything about her generous... proportions. I don't really have a problem with Ichikawa for the most part, but her design just makes me think the series should have leaned in harder on the fanservice, otherwise what was the point?

It is a well known fact that Norio was capped by editor san not to be overtly ecchi…
Mar 31, 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
ForestWoodSL said:
LostSpectre said:

It is a well known fact that Norio was capped by editor san not to be overtly ecchi…

Does that mean he originally intended the series to be more fanservice heavy? That would better explain her design, if you ask me.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 31, 2:35 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
ForestWoodSL said:
LostSpectre said:

Does that mean he originally intended the series to be more fanservice heavy? That would better explain her design, if you ask me.
@LostSpectre

I don't know where ForestWoodSL has that "fact" from, never read about it anywhere in Japanese, but Norio Sakurai (who is a woman, btw) comes from a gag manga genre which uses tons of sexual innuendo. She originally had the idea of creating a romcom with a type of real-life cute idol girl she personally likes and wishes to have a relationship like Ichikawa does, or something like that.
Mar 31, 3:04 PM
Dec 2023
Mar 31, 6:02 PM

Oct 2014
LostSpectre said:
ForestWoodSL said:

“she”, the author is a woman.

In the Manga Yamada is a bit more aggressive and it is a little bit more of a tease and the comedy is a bit more cringey. However this is mostly shown in the extra chapters and not in the main story.

The anime made some edits which amplified the romance and slightly lessen the fan service without taking away from the story Norio Sensei wrote.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.