Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 6:01 AM

Oct 2013
Beach episodes. Lighthearted, mostly filler stories that show the main cast just chilling out on the beach, as the name suggests. A lot of anime had them in the past, and even today, you can see a special beach episode released sometimes. 

Something tells me that "Sousou no Frieren" won't receive such an episode... but hey, if there was one, what would you like to see in it?

I wouldn't mind seeing Frieren, Stark, and Fern just chilling on the beach near a huge lake. They may meet some other characters seeking a moment of relaxation after the 1st Class Mage exam, i.e. Übel and Land. I would rather not see Lawine and Kanne, aka "annoying two yuri mages", as some folks refer to them. They are annoying.

Oh, yeah, there's also fanservice to be mentioned. A lot of people may just consider seeing typical beach clothes as enough fanservice, without any goofy scenes with forced ecchi unfitting to the tone of this series. This route could be a really balanced one for both ecchi enthusiasts and those who don't like this stuff.

As for me, I'd love to see Kraft just passing by and agreeing to train with Stark. Preferably, the training featuring a quick wrestling session.

How about you?
Mar 22, 6:07 AM

Sep 2016
You just want to see kraft naked, dont you?
As for the beach episode, idk, isnt the whole reason for beach episodes outside of fanservice to show characters in a chill atmosphere where we can see a change of pace from a more action-packed things going on in the story? Frieren kind of does that without any beach episodes, so even if i wouldnt be agaisnt them, i wouldnt be more excited about them from any other chill episode
Mar 22, 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to taikaaaa11
As for the beach episode, idk, isnt the whole reason for beach episodes outside of fanservice to show characters in a chill atmosphere where we can see a change of pace from a more action-packed things going on in the story? Frieren kind of does that without any beach episodes, so even if i wouldnt be agaisnt them, i wouldnt be more excited about them from any other chill episode
taikaaaa11 said:
Who doesn't? 😏 But jokes aside, I don't see him getting any special treatment in the hypothetical episode I described, other than receiving a special segment dedicated to him giving wrestling lessons to Stark.

taikaaaa11 said:
As for the beach episode, idk, isnt the whole reason for beach episodes outside of fanservice to show characters in a chill atmosphere where we can see a change of pace from a more action-packed things going on in the story?
Yes, that's correct. At least it's the main, most popular pattern when it comes to so-called "beach episodes".

taikaaaa11 said:
Frieren kind of does that without any beach episodes, so even if i wouldnt be agaisnt them, i wouldnt be more excited about them from any other chill episode
Perhaps a good idea would be to just have an even more chilled episode, full of funny interactions like those we could see in the actual show after the first stage of the 1st Class Mage exam. You know, that episode (I forgot its exact number) in which many characters were seen going on a stroll together, walking around the city, talking with each other, and dining.
Mar 22, 6:24 AM

Sep 2016
What would you like to see in a hypothetical "beach episode"?
  • Frieren's sandy feet.
  • Übel's wet armpits.
  • Fern's bust covering half the sky.
  • Kanne & Lawine fooling around, maybe creating a tsunami and freezing it right before impact.
ZarutakuMar 22, 6:39 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 22, 6:27 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I’d want to see Frieren getting stuck in a giant oyster searching for a pearl. The mimic of the sea
Mar 22, 6:31 AM
Mar 2024
There was one already. Fern and Frieren ended up cleaning debris off it for 3 months. Seems about right.
Mar 22, 6:36 AM
Feb 2022
Adnash said:
Beach episodes. Lighthearted, mostly filler stories that show the main cast just chilling out on the beach, as the name suggests. A lot of anime had them in the past, and even today, you can see a special beach episode released sometimes. 

Something tells me that "Sousou no Frieren" won't receive such an episode... but hey, if there was one, what would you like to see in it?

I wouldn't mind seeing Frieren, Stark, and Fern just chilling on the beach near a huge lake. They may meet some other characters seeking a moment of relaxation after the 1st Class Mage exam, i.e. Übel and Land. I would rather not see Lawine and Kanne, aka "annoying two yuri mages", as some folks refer to them. They are annoying.

Oh, yeah, there's also fanservice to be mentioned. A lot of people may just consider seeing typical beach clothes as enough fanservice, without any goofy scenes with forced ecchi unfitting to the tone of this series. This route could be a really balanced one for both ecchi enthusiasts and those who don't like this stuff.

As for me, I'd love to see Kraft just passing by and agreeing to train with Stark. Preferably, the training featuring a quick wrestling session.

How about you?

bro I am a a man with culture.
I definitely agree with the beach episode
Mar 22, 7:06 AM
Apr 2021
- Stark and Fern romantical tension
- Sein and Stark bodyshaming Frieren for being white as snow and flat as a wash board
- Fern hunting them down with deadly spells (zoltrack)
- The effortless killing of a myhtical ocean monster who came to shore or the help of said monster to return to open sea
- More Stark and Fern romantical tension

(No overly ecchi fanservice pls) Fern would prob wear a fitting but conservative swimsuit and Frieren would try to wear the sexiest and most revealing one possible but fail cause there is nothing to show XD
Mar 22, 7:15 AM

Apr 2023
Frieren in a school swimsuit.
Mar 22, 7:27 AM
Dec 2022
r/frierenhentai has what i want to see
Mar 22, 7:39 AM
Dec 2022
Is no one gonna talk about how frieren is suddenly 9.30?
Mar 22, 7:43 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to GYATyoruichi
Is no one gonna talk about how frieren is suddenly 9.30?
@GYATyoruichi votes of people who rated it while only seeing aroung 6 episodes got deleted, thats how it works when series is finished i believe
Mar 22, 7:46 AM
Dec 2022
taikaaaa11 said:
@GYATyoruichi votes of people who rated it while only seeing aroung 6 episodes got deleted, thats how it works when series is finished i believe

so the 9.18 we saw so far wasn't even the real rating?
Mar 22, 7:49 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to GYATyoruichi
taikaaaa11 said:

@GYATyoruichi Kinda? That worked with other shows the same way i believe, so it will go down, question is by how much.
Mar 22, 7:50 AM
Dec 2022
taikaaaa11 said:
@GYATyoruichi Kinda? That worked with other shows the same way i believe, so it will go down, question is by how much.

oh ok. thx for explaining
Mar 22, 8:02 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to GYATyoruichi
taikaaaa11 said:

@GYATyoruichi Okeanix will have to try even harder now xd
Mar 22, 8:06 AM

Apr 2021
Banana Hammock Denken
Mar 22, 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
Recap episode in disguise of a beach episode.
Mar 22, 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
Recap episode in disguise of a beach episode.
Mar 22, 9:43 AM
Apr 2022
watch out, they comin
Mar 22, 9:43 AM
Aug 2021
I'd like to see the opening credits and then immediately the end credits because this show doesn't need a beach episode.
Mar 22, 9:44 AM
Aug 2021
I'd like to see the opening credits and then immediately the end credits because this show doesn't need a beach episode.
Mar 22, 9:46 AM
Aug 2021
Mar 22, 9:51 AM
Apr 2018
We already got one
Mar 22, 10:34 AM
Nov 2023
Hot Springs>Beach
Mar 22, 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
nude flamme will be nice even if its flashback
Mar 22, 10:47 AM
May 2023
Zarutaku said:
What would you like to see in a hypothetical "beach episode"?
  • Frieren's sandy feet.
  • Übel's wet armpits.
  • Fern's bust covering half the sky.
  • Kanne & Lawine fooling around, maybe creating a tsunami and freezing it right before impact.

This guy gets it (I was waiting for ubel’s armpits as an answer)
Mar 22, 10:53 AM
Sep 2008
There was a beach episode right?
Mar 22, 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
The credits at the end.
Mar 22, 12:03 PM
Apr 2023
absolutely not. that episode alone will ruin the pacing of entire frieren. more of the subtle things will feel pointless
Mar 22, 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
We already got a beach episode. They spent the entire time cleaning up the trash on the beach using magic. That's all this show needs. None of the fanservice degeneracy. The jokes about Fern's boobs were already unnecessary to begin with.
Mar 22, 12:23 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Vhailor
We already got a beach episode. They spent the entire time cleaning up the trash on the beach using magic. That's all this show needs. None of the fanservice degeneracy. The jokes about Fern's boobs were already unnecessary to begin with.
@Vhailor Exactly what I said above, and agree.
Mar 22, 12:23 PM

Apr 2020
A beach episode would clash too much with the setting and tone of this series for it to work, I'm afraid.

... A proper Hot Springs episode on the other hand...
Mar 22, 12:27 PM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
frieren Beach episode would be so peak
Mar 22, 1:34 PM
Jul 2010
We already had a beach episode, didn’t we?
Mar 22, 1:43 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Reply to Imoogi26
r/frierenhentai has what i want to see
man says what he wants and nothing more, i respect it honestly
Mar 22, 1:48 PM
Dec 2022
i would prefer a hypothetical filler episode with Frieren's hero party instead
Mar 22, 1:51 PM
Aug 2019
No need for this really … might feel a bit forced because of the trope.
Mar 22, 2:28 PM
Dec 2023
Mommy Methode, yes please
Mar 22, 2:32 PM
Mar 2017
Not really, we get enough of those unneeded beach episodes in anime. This show doesn’t really need it nor do most of the characters vibe fit with it. If the show force it- they would probably do a hot spring instead
Mar 22, 2:40 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to Vhailor
@Vhailor Well said~

That cleaning trash episode is all this show needs for the beach episode, it's much better that way ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 22, 5:48 PM
Jan 2022
All I wanna see is some bonkers and cakes.
Mar 22, 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Scyon
Mommy Methode, yes please
@Scyon Now that I think of it, she could have her own dedicated scene. Like a funny, cute performance of watermelons levitating, only to be suddenly crushed with her tighs. Sounds random? It does, but I think it'd be something totally fitting a special beach episode with gag humor and wacky fanservice.
Mar 23, 2:45 AM
Apr 2022
Yes, I do. I mean, who doesn't?
Anos_243Mar 23, 3:26 AM
Mar 23, 5:48 AM
May 2020
This is why i dont tell people I watch anime
Mar 23, 8:51 AM
Oct 2023
Boobs… I’m a simple man
Mar 23, 9:23 AM
Dec 2020
Cute Sword Village Chief wearing one piece swimsuit
Mar 23, 6:55 PM
Jul 2023
konalul said:
This is why i dont tell people I watch anime

Ong
I go to the gym and have to pretend that I’m not affiliated with anime fans

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

274 by MasterK »»
35 minutes ago

» The person who helped stop a knife attack on the Taichung Metro in Taiwan said he helped because "Himmel would have done the same". ( 1 2 )

StevieRara - Jun 4

92 by Naroomaki »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26

271 by MasterK »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » is fanservice the reason why this is highly rated? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - Today

63 by ANR23 »»
1 hour ago

» Frieren is now the TOP RANKED anime in ALL major western anime ranking websites (MAL, Anilist, LiveChart, Anime-Planet, Kitsu, aniDB, and ANN). Unprecedented achievement! ( 1 2 3 )

kanarazukarasu - Jun 4

139 by hanaenvy »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.