Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 12, 1:11 PM

Feb 2018
Hi, this past year I've made the effort to pick up where I left OP and I'm finally at Wano, but the first episodes where sooo slow I decided to start reading the manga in parallel starting with the sumo match.

In the anime it's well animated and really extended to one full episode with Luffy at base level struggling to win, while in the manga Luffy easily wins in less than two pages. Both have good things and bad things and that match made it clear for me: I should accelerate all the dialogs and exposition in the manga and return to the anime for the battles except than... as I said, that battle was extended from a two page battle, if you only read the manga, Luffy fought a nobody, so I can't I tell when to return to anime because even the most minuscule battle in the manga could be a big showdown in the anime.

So, any list of the best battles or episodes from this arc?
Mar 12, 1:37 PM
Jan 2023
Bro idk just go watch the Zoro vs King fight and Luffy vs Kaido fight lol. Wano was peak imo so idk what to even recommend cause I loved the whole arc 😂
Mar 12, 1:43 PM
Jun 2021
BiobulletM said:
Hi, this past year I've made the effort to pick up where I left OP and I'm finally at Wano, but the first episodes where sooo slow I decided to start reading the manga in parallel starting with the sumo match.

In the anime it's well animated and really extended to one full episode with Luffy at base level struggling to win, while in the manga Luffy easily wins in less than two pages. Both have good things and bad things and that match made it clear for me: I should accelerate all the dialogs and exposition in the manga and return to the anime for the battles except than... as I said, that battle was extended from a two page battle, if you only read the manga, Luffy fought a nobody, so I can't I tell when to return to anime because even the most minuscule battle in the manga could be a big showdown in the anime.

So, any list of the best battles or episodes from this arc?

I read it, and then just watched the fights on YouTube. If you want to watch 150 episodes then go for it, its still peak One Piece. But I thought the manga would be quicker and it was
Mar 12, 2:38 PM
Jun 2022
Mixed. If I thought the story was slowing down I’d read through that section until it started to pick back up. I’d also watch an episode here and there when doing dishes or showering.
Mar 12, 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
always manga. every time the answer is manga
Mar 12, 4:29 PM
May 2020
Read all through the manga, then go watch the fights. Luffy v. Kaido is absolutely god tier. Also from what I’ve seen Egghead is going to be worth keeping up with in the anime.
Mar 12, 6:01 PM

Mar 2020
Bro 90% of all time the manga is better
In one piece especially
Read the manga and the anime won’t be enjoyable anymore (well most of the time)

Mar 12, 6:58 PM
Aug 2021
Watch the anime, period.
Mar 12, 7:22 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
Wano's classic mid piece. Just skim the manga and save your time.
Mar 12, 10:26 PM
Jul 2022
complete the anime
switch to manga
complete the manga
then
watch anime weekly
read manga weekly
Mar 12, 10:38 PM
Jun 2023
I caught up to Wano arc a few months before the gear 5 reveal and after the debute of Gear 5 I simultaneously started reading the manga while waiting for weekly episodes but now I'm waiting for chapters as well as episodes

I would recommend you to watch the Anime since Wano is the best one piece has looked in all of its years but I'd you dislike the pacing then you can read the manga
Mar 13, 3:35 AM

Apr 2015
I read the manga first and then wait for the anime to adapt it. Best of both worlds!
Mar 14, 2:33 PM
Jul 2015
read the manga and watch all the episodes directed by megumi ishitani.
Mar 14, 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
Definitely watch episode 1028

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 29, 3:31 PM
Aug 2019
ratliker63 said:

what if i’m illiterate
Mar 29, 3:36 PM
Aug 2020
SKILIFT26 said:
ratliker63 said:

what if i’m illiterate

learn. you're doing yourself a disservice by not reading the manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 507 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jul 16, 2011

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

48 by Ridzaxster »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 900 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SuperRed - Aug 31, 2019

70 by FedeMetal »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 506 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jul 9, 2011

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 505 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ninkendo - Jul 2, 2011

131 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.