Forum Settings
Forums

How should I go about watching multiple anime?

New
Mar 3, 2:23 PM
Dec 2023
Before I get a bunch of "this is a weird question" replies. I'm super autistic and I feel like I need to have an order or method for everything I do.

I'm watching bleach right now and I don't wanna drop it altogether. But there are other shows that I'd like to watch and I still have like 200 episodes of bleach to go.

I would limit myself to 2 shows at once but how should I go about it? Should I go 5 episodes of one show 5 episodes of the other and go back and forth? What would be the optimal way to do this? How have you done it?
Mar 3, 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
I do something similar, tend to limit myself to watching only a few series at a time. I'd say the easiest way to do it for a long running series like Bleach would be to break it down into seasons or arcs and watch other things in between them to give yourself a break from it.
Mar 3, 2:34 PM
Dec 2022
As someone who watch multiple shows at once, 3-4 episodes per show with the limit of 3 shows per day is good enough. You can add more if you're feeling extra feisty.

Also it's not really weird to watch multiple shows at once. Quite common actually.
Mar 3, 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
I just watch whatever I feel is gonna be enterteining, except for seasonals I'd usually binge few-whole series and proceed to another one and so on.
Mar 3, 2:57 PM

Jan 2021
I am watching seven shows right now. As long as they are all different genres I don't get confused and it's fine. I would not want to watch seven cgdct all at once since the characters and plots would all blend together. As for what I watch and when, just whatever I feel like at the time. There is no schedule, though I do prioritize the ones I want to focus most on and savor at night when there's less distractions.
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Jan 2023
It's not a weird question at all, virtually everyone on this site and myself included watch from a few shows to dozens at the same time.

If you limit yourself to two shows as a provided example, watch however much you can handle at a steady pace. 2-4 is probably a good middle ground though it can always be increased or decreased depending on time.
Mar 3, 3:18 PM
Mar 2015
I bounce from anime to anime in just a few hours. Digimon is the best, though. *Says someone who writes their own anime...is that disloyal?*
Mar 3, 6:24 PM

Dec 2020
I used to be a super completionist. I would never drop anything and would only ever watch one anime at a time, and I would watch it all the way through. This lead me to get really burnt out on anime. Then I started to just relax about the whole thing. I've started to drop shows that I dont enjoy and I now watch multiple anime at a time. I usually keep the amount of anime I watch to be about 10 or less. Any more and I start forgetting stuff about shows. And I just watch how I feel now. Watch a few episodes of 1 show, swap to another, watch 1 episode from a different show, go back to the first one. Whatever I feel like.

Best advice I can give is to not force yourself, and not to "set rules" for watching anime. It's hard at first but really makes watching anime more enjoyable in the end.
Hope this helps!
Mar 3, 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
i sometimes watch 3 animes at same time, 2 episodes in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 2 during night, that could be a good way, i have a lot of focusing problems, like now, i was just studying 2 seconds ago and now i am here in MAL, so probably this could be usefull to you
Mar 3, 6:35 PM

Oct 2018
I tend to watch, one long running show, 1 - 2 main shows, and the airing shows. I watch 1 - 2 episodes of a long running show a day, and watch as many episodes as I feel like watching of the main shows, swapping between each other when I get bored of one. And I watch airing shows when they release on their days.
Mar 3, 6:38 PM

Apr 2023
TLDR

I dunno man with your eyes? It's entertainment, don't overthink it that much
Mar 3, 6:40 PM

Dec 2012
I follow mostly seasonal, currently airing, shows and just watch the episodes that come out on that particular day.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Mar 3, 6:54 PM

Oct 2019
people can watch multiple anime at a time because they mean they're watching airing anime
unless you're used to binging i wouldn't recommend overwhelming yourself w/ binging multiple finished anime
Mar 3, 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Buy 3 or 4 huge monitors, open 4 anime in each of those monitors and watch them all in 9x speed.

That's the true connoisseur way of watching anime.
Mar 3, 11:08 PM

Dec 2014
Have you tried watching the airing anime then you only have to watch 1 episode a week and if you watch multiple airing anime that air on different days you can then just watch that 1 episode each day and also still have time for completed anime. I tend to watch a few of the airing anime and then 1 anime alongside that anime which has already aired
Mar 3, 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
I guess I would say which ever one has your attention should be the priority. Then go down the line from there. A simple answer but I think it works best.

More topics from this board

» Has anime ruined your perception of 3D Girls?

Dragevard - 13 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - Yesterday

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
4 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

42 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
9 minutes ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - May 24

28 by Amoh25 »»
10 minutes ago

» Saddest Anime Character Deaths

Henrique-Senpai - Yesterday

12 by TheBlockernator »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.