Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 23, 1:21 AM
Oct 2021
I need a validation from you guys...

There is a perky tune playing in the background whenever there is a lively/positive scene running. Anyone noticed it? I happened to notice it at mid-season, around episode 5 or 6, I think.

There is a few different tunes in each episodes, so to point out which one I'm talking about, please listen to it, episode 12, between 07:30 and 08:00.

It struck me because I was sure I heard it before, somewhere, a long time ago. At least 10 years ago, maybe more. I knew it was in a cartoon series, but couldn't quite put a name on it though. As I progressed in the season, the more I heard the tune, the more I was certain I could find out which cartoon it was from. And at the very last episode, I finally remembered...

It is taken from an US animated series called Home Movies, which was airing originally from 1999 to 2004. A very good slice of life sitcom, in my opinion, about a young boy and his friends who want to make films. The animation is crappy, at best, but the humorous situations, scripts, dialogues and brilliant voice talents makes of this series an abolute classic.

If you never seen the show, or don't recall about it, I will try to find a scene with the tune playing on YouTube, or something. So you can compare the two tunes and tell me if I'm hallucinating the similarities or if itis actually the same thing... A ripoff, maybe?

I'll be back ASAP.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2021

58 by TheOtherJN »»
Aug 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2021

78 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2021

62 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 12, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2021

50 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 11, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

51 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 11, 4:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.