Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 12, 11:33 PM
Apr 2022
Every week is peak after peak and packed with wholesome moments which have me cheesing and also laughing at times. After the last episode (which i thought was the golden ep) Ichikawa has the responsibility of having to do the farewell speech as they are moving onto Year 3 (next ep clue)
His first time attempting to do the speech he was overcome with anxiety and spoke very quietly which luckily was just a practice speech.
Yamada wanted to help him boost his confidence and self esteem to help him with the speech, they have a wholesome moment about wanting to see eachother in action, then suddenly they get interrupted by blond hair-kun being confessed by a fellow girl classmate. Blonde hair-kun rejects and confesses his feelings for another classmate happing to be Yamada. Overhearing all of this, Ichikawa then wants to do the speech in order to show his confidence to Yamada. He goes get a fresh haircut, which thank god he did he needed one. He practices the speech at home until the upcoming farewell ceremony. He has a moment with Yamada and her friends, Ichikawa even thinking to himself he would’ve never imagined them hanging out with each other until 6 months ago. Goes to show his character development with the girls and how they trust him with simple things.
The ceremony finally comes, he forgot his speech paper he’s been practicing all this time. He has hospital sis bring him it and turns out he doesn’t need it because his older imaginary self always comes in clutch moments. He gives out the speech and it was wholesome what else can i say.
Final scene of the episode is after Ichikawa gives the speech he faints and as a result lands him in the hospital bed. Yamada comes and talks to him and suddenly get interrupted once again by Blonde hair-kun. He said pretty much nothing to Ichikawa only to get close to Yamada and then asks to talk to Yamada for minute. They talk and he though he saw a opening and went for it. Yamada turned him down while breaking down. Ichikawa not even 15 feet aeay he can hear all of this and hear Yamada crying when she talks about who she likes. Ichikawa being that man realized he does the same thing for her, meaning he understands how she feels. Ichikawa in that moment also broke down realizing Yamada has the same feeling as Ichikawa kun which the delivery has me shocked. but it was very expected lol. 10/10 once again peak anime
Feb 13, 1:44 AM
Dec 2023
This episode is very good , the love between them begins to gradually blossom from the splendor of the episode , I cried from joy and feelings of love
Feb 13, 6:37 AM
Jan 2019
They can’t get away from making peak in every episode??
Feb 13, 6:44 AM
Apr 2022
Not sure what everyone else thinks when watching this. But does it not seem like this show is able to bring so much emotion with similar sub-plots to other romance anime, every episode just feels so much more emotionally impactful and immersive than its counterparts. Not a rip on other romance anime by any means, but this show continues to stun me with every episode just when I think it’s about to get cliche. Furthermore, I thought this episode makes this show stand even farther apart from many shows, a challenging presentation in front of the school only to get encouraged by Yamada, completely original, don’t think any other show has an episode like this. Anyways, I digress, main gist is that this show is a fucking slap and a half. This show is a banger.
#BangersInMyHeart
Feb 13, 7:58 AM
Feb 2024
it was a amazing episode, but it was some how embarrassing.
Feb 13, 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
- never thought Ishikawa would actually accept something as hard as taking a speech but he wanted to impress Anna, and the teacher really wanted his help

- that punk hairstyle in the classroom, would be funny to see him using it actually
- ofc,his own words about "6 months ago, it would be unthinkable that the girls would be so friendly with him" ... and oh no, they will possibly lose someone from the group to other classes next year, that would be sad, they are a nice group

- wow Ichikawa actually nailed the speech, even without the paper, that was great
(i remember one time i took some cheat paper with me to a test but ended up not using it cause, while making it, i memorised the stuff lmao)

- mom and sister also were proud of him, sister even got to see the real speech, nice

- multiple confessions this time around, 1st a random girl to the blonde senpai, then the blonde senpai to Anna (even giving her the button) and lastly, Anna to Ishikawa, intense episode huh
winddevil1Feb 13, 3:42 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 13, 9:28 PM
Nov 2019
THESE TWO DORKS DID SOMETHING! AHHHHHHHHH
Feb 14, 12:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I laughed so hard I snorted my coffee out of my nose when he realizes he's forgotten the speech and has his hairdresser matrix with him instead.

I love how he nailed the speech anyway and his sister and friends were all there to see it. So much cuteness and wholesomeness in this story. So well done too.

Womanizer senpai set up the confession scene well.
FarabeufFeb 14, 12:46 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 14, 1:03 AM

May 2015
So much feelings... This is probably one of the most beautiful love stories of these last years.
Feb 14, 8:01 AM
Mar 2021
If no one is gonna mention it I will. Not to be edgy but when Ichikawa first sees his new haircut he fr had the Eren Yeager fit on with the Levi hairstyle XD
Feb 14, 10:42 AM
Sep 2021
Imaginary Kyoutarou delivering the 'believe in the me who believes in you' pep talk was just amazing.
Feb 14, 10:29 PM
Jul 2020
The character most touched by Ichikawa's speech must be Nanjou. I liked how they chose to cut to him when Ichikawa said "Don't give up trying new things. Learn to love yourself. Treasure all that you have come to know." with how that advice is a perfect fit for his situation. With how Nanjou is revealed to have been forced to quit pursuing his dream and how his behaviour in the series suggests how that must be making him feel there's no doubt in my mind he really meant it when he told Ichikawa he liked his speech.
Feb 15, 8:39 AM

Jan 2017
What a freaking beautiful episode!
Remember who trusts in you the most...
I can't express how a blessing this anime is to all romance-lovers out there
Dang, my heartstrings really got in danger cause of this show
And what was that cliffhanger in the last part?!
Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Feb 15, 3:06 PM
Mar 2023
I don’t like the change they did with the third year, in the manga he wasn’t that much of an antagonist towards Ichikawa and he took his rejection in stride when Yamada told him that she had feelings for someone else. I don’t know why they had the add him lying about Ichikawa giving him her contact info since he had kind of a small relationship with Ichikawa before, but other than that part it was a pretty good episode.
Feb 16, 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
This was even better animated! He learns to love himself and realizes that he is loved in the same episode. PEAK
Feb 16, 9:04 AM
Mar 2018
For once, Ichikawa finally gets it.
Feb 16, 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
Fucking finally! It was being about damn time for MC to realize the obvious. Now let's pray next episode features a proper confession or something.
And of course they had to make Haruya look "scummy" until the last second, huh? What a way to ruin a semi-redemption moment smh.

Anyways, 3/5 episode with Ichikawa's speech being the highlight.
Feb 16, 7:22 PM

Apr 2019
Ahhhh Yamada said it! Kyotaro gets hit the ! I'm glad I waited till Friday to watch this, cause I want that next episode right away. Also Yamada with a bright red face was pretty cute.

Looking forward to seeing how Kyotaro handles what Yamada said.

arcticmontysFeb 16, 7:27 PM
Feb 16, 10:23 PM
Oct 2022
As an introvert myself, going out from comfort zone is a something that really hard to do. But Ichikawa can did it, he even can improvised on the graduation speech. Power of love really can change anyone LOL
Feb 17, 2:19 AM
Jan 2023
Finally She Said it! And Her Face, Blushing all over Haha. Loved This
Feb 17, 1:57 PM
Mar 2023
It's like the other episodes a 10/10 I'm very excited to see how it gos in the next episode
Feb 17, 2:23 PM

Jul 2022
Awwww, she is blushing in the end :)

Feb 18, 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
GIGACHAD SPEECH.
Oh shit............. we're reaching the climax!!!!!

Feb 18, 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! this episode now signals Ichikawa and he now realized and confirmed that Yamada likes him! this is way too much romance man!!!
5/5.

Feb 19, 4:35 PM
Aug 2023
Peak romcom
his inner self was rlly good
Feb 20, 7:25 AM
Jan 2024
This episode was the best in the series so far
Feb 20, 9:44 AM
Jan 2024
Another great episode (best one on the series so far).This season is really special and it keep delivering!
Feb 25, 6:33 AM

Jun 2015
Damn, didn’t expect to be hit as hard as I was when Kyotaro’s inner self told him that he loved him.
uh oh!
Mar 1, 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
Ichikawa being a top scorer and chosen by their homeroom teacher to give a farewell speech, everyone is egging him on, though he'd not want to lose face in public.

And he...was eventually chosen to do the speech...but literally died out in the public eye for the rehearsal speech. Yamada giving him voice lessons as exchange for his willingness to support her at work, and in the same vein, overhearing the confession from Mita to Haruya. That basically gave him his strength to prove to both him and Yamada that he is the only person rightful to stand alongside her. So, an overhaul in his social ethics like his new haircut, and that immediately catches Yamada's clique's attention, Serina the most particular on his hair style. Even as the prospect of class changing is real that puts fears in everyone's hearts of getting split up, Ichikawa has to forget his farewell script, which is left at home. To Yamada, her giving the Shiba Inu to Ichikawa for confidence, all he hopes is that the script can be given to him on time.

But alas, Ichikawa's just given the boot to give the speech, even as his sister only barely made it. And in the face of the student body, Ichikawa decides to wing the entire farewell speech, albeit one half from the script, and the other half of ad-libbing himself, which is quite the achievement, only to faint thereafter. As expected, Senpai Pick-Up Artist Haruya comes to see Yamada, and eventually confesses to her, like he should. But it's clearly obvious that Yamada has only her heart for Ichikawa...and their feelings, albeit known for one another, burst in different directions.

Oh well, Yamada's confession is beet red now.
Mar 10, 9:44 PM
Jan 2015
Kana is the absolute best sister and Kyotarou looked like a little Levi, so cute! Also HECK YEAH Anna finally said her feelings!!!! YESS
Mar 15, 5:22 AM

Apr 2015
Damn our MC out here giving a speech. This was a great episode in terms of plot progression. The pickup senpai is finally out for good and Yamada and Kyoutaro know eachother's feelings now.
Good stuff.
Mar 17, 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
I gotta admit, that lad taking dat rejection.. and not flinching really made him sigma asf. takes a real dude to just walk it off. But damn We didn't see them confess.. i'm sure they will show it later.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 4:29 PM
Feb 2015
It gave a really deep message about self-love, confidence and self-esteem, being all of these as a child but losing these characteristics over the years due to life's traumas, doesn't mean you really lost it, it's possible to recover! I felt identified
Mar 24, 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
He's introverted one, got sick after saying that in the public hall XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 10:50 AM
Aug 2020
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 1, 3:16 PM

Aug 2019
i wanted to scream when he was doing the speech

yamada basically admitted/proved that she likes ichikawa... hence the reaction...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 4:22 PM

Feb 2021
It is a pleasant anime
It is worth seeing once.
Apr 4, 1:25 PM
Feb 2024
muy bueno enserio, cada cap va a mejor calidad y sentido los avances y desarrollo de los protagonistas y hubo momentos destacables
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
Jun 2023
The greatest anime episode I've ever seen in my life. The way the hero's character and internal discussions are developed has truly changed me. I don't think I'll ever see an episode better than it. A great episode is a masterpiece. I don't think I'll ever see an episode greater than it.
Apr 7, 5:13 PM
Oct 2019
very beautiful, but I want to see the two of them together soon
Apr 13, 11:11 AM

Sep 2020
Bokuyaba will kill me with too much sugar I'm telling you. After grinning like an idiot throughout every episode, my cheeks got stretched to oblivion, and I got crippling diabetes, and now we got this episode. Absolute Masterpiece, Cinema, Peak 🔥💖
Apr 16, 9:07 AM
Jan 2023
Oh man, I really wasn't prepared for this episode. The speech, plenty of rejections. Damn.

Best episode yet!
Yesterday, 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
Man, his sister is so awesome, truly the MVP. Finally that dude will stop chasing after Yamada, was about time.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

352 by Wickjohn31 »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

110 by Wickjohn31 »»
Yesterday, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

235 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

120 by Wickjohn31 »»
Yesterday, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

140 by Gator »»
Jun 1, 6:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.