Yet another isekai, I really wonder why the genre is flooding the market
yikes
Jan 18, 1:13 PM
Jul 2019
because of me. obviously
Jan 18, 1:27 PM
Aug 2021
Supply and demand?

When something is popular and financially profitable, producers make more of it. That's just basic business.
Jan 18, 1:32 PM
Nov 2018
Because it's easy to write the MC story. They get transported to another world or dimension. Suddenly, you don't have to write about the world or a back story. They had zero presence in their new world, so you don't have to worry about writing friends and family. You can make it when they discover new things about their new world at the same time as the watcher does.
MoppitJan 18, 1:58 PM
Jan 18, 2:46 PM
Aug 2021
Moppit said:
Because it's easy to write the MC story. They get transported to another world or dimension. Suddenly, you don't have to write about the world or a back story. They had zero presence in their new world, so you don't have to worry about writing friends and family. You can make it when they discover new things about their new world at the same time as the watcher does.

This^ it’s a pretty easy story to write if you just want to write a bare bones power fantasy that exists to show off the mc’s likeability or power, and it’s easy to get people to resonate with the story if said MC is an underdog type character from their previous world. The best isekais are the ones that try to steer clear of these tropes or at least limit them, and focus on building the hell out of characters, worlds, political situations, etc (think Re zero or mushoku tensei). I think the power fantasy, harem, everyone-loves-me type of isekai is so popular because it is simple escapism, where anyone can see themselves being the hero of a world far removed from reality
Jan 18, 5:34 PM
Nov 2018
@CorLeonis-_- That was what I was getting on reason why Isekai are so popular. Another reason I'm assuming Isekai is popular people want is an escape from the world there in and to go to another world that no one knows them is appealing.
Jan 18, 6:01 PM

Apr 2021
ItachiDxD said:

Because “isekai” is the best genre obviously 😁
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 18, 6:05 PM

Apr 2021
CorLeonis-_- said:
Moppit said:

This^ it’s a pretty easy story to write if you just want to write a bare bones power fantasy that exists to show off the mc’s likeability or power, and it’s easy to get people to resonate with the story if said MC is an underdog type character from their previous world. The best isekais are the ones that try to steer clear of these tropes or at least limit them, and focus on building the hell out of characters, worlds, political situations, etc (think Re zero or mushoku tensei). I think the power fantasy, harem, everyone-loves-me type of isekai is so popular because it is simple escapism, where anyone can see themselves being the hero of a world far removed from reality

There is nothing wrong with either type of isekai and they are both enjoyable.

I liked example “isekai smartphone” and “Re-Zero”, they are different, but both enjoyable.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 18, 8:38 PM
Aug 2021
ejleon said:
CorLeonis-_- said:

There is nothing wrong with either type of isekai and they are both enjoyable.

I liked example “isekai smartphone” and “Re-Zero”, they are different, but both enjoyable.

I agree power fantasy shit can be fun to watch, especially if you are looking for something that you don’t got to pay too much attention to. I agree it’s an over saturated genre, but they are a guilty pleasure of mine tbh so I don’t complain haha
Jan 19, 11:18 AM
Jan 2023
CorLeonis-_- said:
Moppit said:

I mean, it's why I like them. I love to imagine I would be transported to a world where I don't need a wheelchair and can run and play again. it is a great mental release for me.
Jan 19, 3:37 PM
Aug 2021
johndeerdrew said:
CorLeonis-_- said:

I mean, it's why I like them. I love to imagine I would be transported to a world where I don't need a wheelchair and can run and play again. it is a great mental release for me.

That’s great to hear man, I love that the genre does that for you and gives you that kinda release. Anime can do some great things and escaping reality is definitely a big one, especially for isekais
Jan 20, 2:39 PM
Apr 2021
because they're the best
Mar 22, 10:46 AM
Sep 2020
ItachiDxD said:

Cause of junkies like me
Mar 23, 7:07 AM

Jan 2009
I think this is technically a reincarnation story but there's not a whole lot of difference.
Apr 2, 9:28 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to CorLeonis-_-
Moppit said:

@CorLeonis-_- you're correct. Isekais with
power fantasy, harem, everyone-loves-me type of isekai is so popular because it is simple escapism, where anyone can see themselves being the hero of a world far removed from reality
are what reality should but failed to be!
Apr 6, 2:38 PM

May 2009
Feels like I've seen already few anime with blue haired kid as reincarnated MC.
Apr 6, 2:49 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Because isekai is what most Japanese anime/manga enjoyers prefer nowadays unfortunately not to mention how easy it is to write story about it.

Japan isn't really an innovative country anymore after all, they only keep producing something which works well last time.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 11, 3:30 AM
Dec 2018
ItachiDxD said:

Cuz it sells good.

But for most isekai animes you could just forget about the fact you got somebody transfered to that world the story wouldn't change. Let aside things like Kagejitsu, Iserebe and Tenten kakumei.

In most case the transfer is seen during 2 minutes and nobody talk about it again. It's mostly to sell the dream of being reincarnated (or transfered) to another world and stops right here to become the average fantasy story.

Isekai will please most fantasy fans and since there are many fantasy fans then it's a good idea to promote fantasy novels through animes.
Apr 21, 1:31 PM

Mar 2019
i mean... Look the world around you right now, would you not want to born in another world with op power and zero stress? It seems it resonate with a lot of people, like some time ago everyone wanted to be goku or how the future would be fucked up and cyberpunk.
Apr 21, 3:42 PM

Oct 2016
They're here for escapism, my dude
most of the time, the isekai theme doesn't really mean much shit to the plot though

Apr 28, 1:43 PM
Apr 2018
Honestly, for what I could see in the first episodes, there is no need for this series to be an isekai.

This could be a normal fantasy story as well.
May 17, 11:59 AM
Jan 2018
A bit to late saying this aren’t you lol it’s been like 10 years
May 18, 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
They produce what makes money, let them get their bag. Don't watch it if you don't like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23

53 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 1

86 by Tenderizer79 »»
Aug 4, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

33 by Meepoi »»
Aug 1, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

77 by imjayhime »»
Jul 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

31 by Magito »»
Jul 30, 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.