Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 1, 4:59 PM
Aug 2019
Do y'all think Gege will really end the JJK manga in 2024 or do you think he needs more time? And how do you see this manga ending?
Jan 1, 5:25 PM
Oct 2022
J42148 said:
Do y'all think Gege will really end the JJK manga in 2024 or do you think he needs more time? And how do you see this manga ending?

I definitely see it ending in 2024. I think it'll hit about 30 volumes, maybe a bit more, but I don't quite see how it will end. I do see kenjaku coming back and maybe taking over sukuna's body when he dies, or something like that.
Jan 1, 5:31 PM
Aug 2019
oogaboogascary said:
J42148 said:

I definitely see it ending in 2024. I think it'll hit about 30 volumes, maybe a bit more, but I don't quite see how it will end. I do see kenjaku coming back and maybe taking over sukuna's body when he dies, or something like that.

True, I just wonder how Gege will kill off Sukuna when the time comes, the dude looks invincible right now
Jan 1, 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
Ever since I read chapter 1 I've thought the ending will be Itadori dying surrounded by friends like he promised his grandfather. Surrounded by those living and dead or just dead I'm not sure but that's still how I think this will end
Jan 1, 6:04 PM

Apr 2016
I think he'll end it in 2024 for sure. And I say that also because he doesn't even seem super into it anymore, his writing has been pretty shit honestly. It just seems like he wants to finish it off and be done with it.
Jan 1, 6:10 PM
Jan 2021
I think he thinks it'll end this year. he releases 2/3 weeks though which means only 30-40 chapters left. Considering the length of the Gojo vs Sukuna fight and since I think he still has something planned with Kenny (or at least his plan) beyond just Uraume and Sukuna, I think it'll end 2025. Also since I think there's a lot of character arcs (and just characters who seem to need to do stuff before it ends) and politics that need to be wrapped up still

feel like in general Magakas always underestimate the amount of chapters they'll actually need to finish their story once they've thought up the plan. I can relate just from my high school creative writing classes where I'd think of an awesome story only to not write most of it since I added as I wrote and could not fit everything unless I had a whole light novel
Jan 1, 6:25 PM
Aug 2019
bossunhimeswitch said:
Ever since I read chapter 1 I've thought the ending will be Itadori dying surrounded by friends like he promised his grandfather. Surrounded by those living and dead or just dead I'm not sure but that's still how I think this will end

I thought that would be a possibility too, I do lean towards a more bittersweet or a darker end to the series given what happened to the characters and in the story so far. But I do see Yuji making a sacrifice for the sake of everyone
Jan 1, 6:27 PM
Aug 2019
Senpapi-sama said:
I think he'll end it in 2024 for sure. And I say that also because he doesn't even seem super into it anymore, his writing has been pretty shit honestly. It just seems like he wants to finish it off and be done with it.

I do get the vibe that Gege wants to end this sooner rather than later, and I wish this series would go in for a little longer. I’m assuming nobara is dead, but if he wants to bring her back somehow, I don’t even know how big of an impact she’ll have this late in the story (if she’s even brought back at all)
Jan 1, 6:35 PM
Aug 2019
SoulessAnime said:
I think he thinks it'll end this year. he releases 2/3 weeks though which means only 30-40 chapters left. Considering the length of the Gojo vs Sukuna fight and since I think he still has something planned with Kenny (or at least his plan) beyond just Uraume and Sukuna, I think it'll end 2025. Also since I think there's a lot of character arcs (and just characters who seem to need to do stuff before it ends) and politics that need to be wrapped up still

feel like in general Magakas always underestimate the amount of chapters they'll actually need to finish their story once they've thought up the plan. I can relate just from my high school creative writing classes where I'd think of an awesome story only to not write most of it since I added as I wrote and could not fit everything unless I had a whole light novel

After Yuta chopped his head off, I just know that Kejaku is far from done. I just hope Gege doesn’t feel the pressure/need to rush the ending. As far as mangakas underestimating the chapters they need to finish their story, I feel the same way about Oda and One Piece; its current final saga could go on way longer than he expected. Also, I wonder if Gege ever thought about adding a timeskip to the story of if he’s just content with ending JJK as it is rn.
Jan 1, 6:36 PM
Sep 2012
I see it ending in 2024 but I wouldn’t be shocked if it ended in early 2025 either
Jan 1, 6:40 PM
Aug 2019
luispagan said:
I see it ending in 2024 but I wouldn’t be shocked if it ended in early 2025 either

Yeah I can see it going longer than what Gege anticipated
Jan 1, 7:10 PM
Jan 2020
JJK is the perfect shounen for villains to have a happy ending
Jan 1, 7:20 PM
Aug 2019
ReMightyRon said:
JJK is the perfect shounen for villains to have a happy ending

That would be kinda dope if it went down that way. Almost makes me wish JJK had a timeskip; like part 1 of JJK had the villians winning and then it would be the heroes revenge during the timeskip. But i don’t think there’s gonna be one in JJK, would love it though
Jan 1, 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
well he did say this in the past https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2064382
Jan 1, 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to Jojo_Unchained
bossunhimeswitch said:

I thought that would be a possibility too, I do lean towards a more bittersweet or a darker end to the series given what happened to the characters and in the story so far. But I do see Yuji making a sacrifice for the sake of everyone

J42148 said:

Me too tbh. I've been thinking for a while now that surrounded by friends might mean some alive and others death all present when Itadori dies, likely through some kind of sacrifice.

However, I think there's also another bittersweet possibility. Things come to pass that lead to Itadori living a long life and dying alone much like his grandfather, however, when Itadori's soul crosses, he reunites with all of his friends and so he still fulfills his promise to his grandfather in a sense. This is maybe less likely because Itadori tends to make friends easily for the most part. Though I could see some variation on this theme
Jan 1, 10:15 PM
Aug 2019
bossunhimeswitch said:

J42148 said:

Me too tbh. I've been thinking for a while now that surrounded by friends might mean some alive and others death all present when Itadori dies, likely through some kind of sacrifice.

However, I think there's also another bittersweet possibility. Things come to pass that lead to Itadori living a long life and dying alone much like his grandfather, however, when Itadori's soul crosses, he reunites with all of his friends and so he still fulfills his promise to his grandfather in a sense. This is maybe less likely because Itadori tends to make friends easily for the most part. Though I could see some variation on this theme

That would be a nice callback from the beginning of the series. Maybe a nice heart warming variation of this could exist where many of Itadori’s friends are surrounding him on his deathbed. And this would fulfill his grandfathers wishes for him; he helped propel and he didn’t die alone.
Jan 2, 7:22 AM
Sep 2021
SoulessAnime said:

bold of you to assume Gege intends to close out character arcs
Jan 2, 8:43 AM
Jul 2015
Unfortunately, it's really felt like Gege has been rushing to end it recently. I think the manga probably needs more chapters than this year can give it to wrap up satisfactorily but I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended in just a few months considering the rush.
Jan 2, 9:06 AM
Aug 2019
J_Vaso said:
Unfortunately, it's really felt like Gege has been rushing to end it recently. I think the manga probably needs more chapters than this year can give it to wrap up satisfactorily but I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended in just a few months considering the rush.

I’m afraid that some fights and characters of the series will be rushed or come to a conclusion abruptly. I think the series should slow down a bit personally. Don’t mind Gojo dying for plot purposes, but I also feel like his death came so quick, and I wish he had more interactions with the Tokyo students
Jan 2, 9:12 AM

Mar 2018
J42148 said:
Senpapi-sama said:

I do get the vibe that Gege wants to end this sooner rather than later, and I wish this series would go in for a little longer. I’m assuming nobara is dead, but if he wants to bring her back somehow, I don’t even know how big of an impact she’ll have this late in the story (if she’s even brought back at all)

in terms of Nobara, i keep thinking about how we still don't know where the last sukuna finger is. not that he needs it at all anymore, it's not even on his radar now that he has his body lmao. but i could feasibly see something like Nobara using straw doll on it at the peak of the battle. but also that might be wishful thinking (miss u nobara)

Jean | 24 | They/He
"I mean, I love you."
-Kaworu
Jan 2, 9:19 AM

Mar 2018
i feel like gege just wants it over and so it will be ending in 2024 lmao.

with where the manga is right now (especially the newest chapters) we've kinda gone past the point of no return in terms of insanity/power moves/deus ex machina. it leaves a l o t of room for the ending to go really really wild and great or really really bad lmao. there's so many loose ends to tie and abandoned characters through the battle. i just hope ge he's burnout doesn't affect his original intentions for the story. there's so many good plots and characters and overall story and themes and it would be truly heartbreaking to get anything less than half baked. i think for gege's sake it has to end in 2024 hahah, but i hope it doesn't get rushed too much because of it. jjk really deserves the attention it's built to and an ending that's representative of all the incredible cast and themes.

Jean | 24 | They/He
"I mean, I love you."
-Kaworu
Jan 2, 9:22 AM
Aug 2019
jeanbeanart said:
J42148 said:

in terms of Nobara, i keep thinking about how we still don't know where the last sukuna finger is. not that he needs it at all anymore, it's not even on his radar now that he has his body lmao. but i could feasibly see something like Nobara using straw doll on it at the peak of the battle. but also that might be wishful thinking (miss u nobara)

That’s probably the only way Nobara being put back into the story makes sense. If she comes back I hope it’s impactful and she makes a difference despite the power gap between her peers like Hakari, Maki, Yuta, Yuji. But it’s understandable since all four of them are just ridiculous lol. And it’s hard to see how seeing how Kashimo got obliterated, some I’m just waiting for Sukuna to kill off more characters
Jan 2, 9:39 AM
Aug 2019
jeanbeanart said:

with where the manga is right now (especially the newest chapters) we've kinda gone past the point of no return in terms of insanity/power moves/deus ex machina. it leaves a l o t of room for the ending to go really really wild and great or really really bad lmao. there's so many loose ends to tie and abandoned characters through the battle. i just hope ge he's burnout doesn't affect his original intentions for the story. there's so many good plots and characters and overall story and themes and it would be truly heartbreaking to get anything less than half baked. i think for gege's sake it has to end in 2024 hahah, but i hope it doesn't get rushed too much because of it. jjk really deserves the attention it's built to and an ending that's representative of all the incredible cast and themes.

I get that vibe too lol. Key fights and events are turning up and I just hope potential character moments, story developments, and fights don’t get rushed. If Gege thinks he can end this right in his own terms, more power to em, I don’t want him to push himself too hard. But I would like to see a Heian era flashback during the current fight in the manga. And I think it would be cool to see a flashback of the previous heads of the Gojo and Zenin clans; in particular, the ones with the ten shadows technique and the other one with the Six eyes and limitless.
Jan 2, 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
It's definitely ending in a few chapters. He doesn't have many more characters left to kill. This manga had so much potential bruh.
Jan 2, 10:11 AM
Aug 2019
phantom346 said:
It's definitely ending in a few chapters. He doesn't have many more characters left to kill. This manga had so much potential bruh.

Yeah, Gege is offing so many characters just as I was warming up to them. The story can definitely go on longer but Gege wants this to end asap which kinda sucks
Jan 2, 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
J42148 said:
jeanbeanart said:

I get that vibe too lol. Key fights and events are turning up and I just hope potential character moments, story developments, and fights don’t get rushed. If Gege thinks he can end this right in his own terms, more power to em, I don’t want him to push himself too hard. But I would like to see a Heian era flashback during the current fight in the manga. And I think it would be cool to see a flashback of the previous heads of the Gojo and Zenin clans; in particular, the ones with the ten shadows technique and the other one with the Six eyes and limitless.

a flash back of the previous six eye vs ten shadows user would be crazyyyyyyyy. yes. i wish we could've seen more prep for the sukuna battle. it seems like there's been things coming up that's like "oh yeah i learned how to do that when we prepped for sukuna (off screen lmao)" i would also kinda love to see something about the big 3 vengeful spirits coming into play... it was mentioned so briefly in jjk0 that idk if they'll ever bring it up again, but that feels like it could be such a cool point to play into the overall dynamics going on now.

Jean | 24 | They/He
"I mean, I love you."
-Kaworu
Jan 2, 11:00 AM
Aug 2019
jeanbeanart said:
J42148 said:

a flash back of the previous six eye vs ten shadows user would be crazyyyyyyyy. yes. i wish we could've seen more prep for the sukuna battle. it seems like there's been things coming up that's like "oh yeah i learned how to do that when we prepped for sukuna (off screen lmao)" i would also kinda love to see something about the big 3 vengeful spirits coming into play... it was mentioned so briefly in jjk0 that idk if they'll ever bring it up again, but that feels like it could be such a cool point to play into the overall dynamics going on now.

For real, reading it, it was like okay Gojo is now released from the prison and wait there’s more, he’s fighting Sukuna and so many things are happening prior the Sukuna fight. I would also love for the three vengeful spirits to come into play before the manga ends. If he wants to end this later this year, idk if it’s gonna be too much to stuff in all at once. I wonder how Gege is gonna balance potential these things along with the current battle with Sukuna; not to mention what Yuta did to Kenjaku (Kenjaku is always plotting and I’m scared for Yuta lol)
Jan 2, 12:48 PM

Mar 2018
J42148 said:
jeanbeanart said:

For real, reading it, it was like okay Gojo is now released from the prison and wait there’s more, he’s fighting Sukuna and so many things are happening prior the Sukuna fight. I would also love for the three vengeful spirits to come into play before the manga ends. If he wants to end this later this year, idk if it’s gonna be too much to stuff in all at once. I wonder how Gege is gonna balance potential these things along with the current battle with Sukuna; not to mention what Yuta did to Kenjaku (Kenjaku is always plotting and I’m scared for Yuta lol)

SAME I AM SO AFRAID FOR YUTA. it would be such a nice closure thing for yuta to kill kenjaku. i wanna know what's up kenjaku's sleeve. if that's another possession sort of thing or what. also curious as to how it actually works logistically/in the world. we haven't seen yuta for too long now and with where it left off w him it makes me so nervous...

Jean | 24 | They/He
"I mean, I love you."
-Kaworu
Jan 2, 1:35 PM
Aug 2019
Right? Like yeah Yuta chopped his head off, but Kenjaku is so crafty so it makes me think that he’ll somehow kill Yuta or take over his body like he did with Geto. I could even see Kenjaku taking over Takabas body since he fought him and already know how busted that goofball is lol. (Unless Takaba is already dead)
Jan 2, 4:28 PM

Apr 2021
This is a toss-up imo. The series is in what seems like its final battle, so without breaks it could deffo end this year. But this is Gege we're talking about, so hiatuses are inevitable. I believe it'll either end late 2024 or early 2025

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 270 Discussion

ryzxgum - Yesterday

12 by Khalifla »»
47 minutes ago

» Disney Kaisen

Nugi97 - Sep 13

39 by SteelingMax »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 269 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 11

60 by SteelingMax »»
1 hour ago

» Is it even possilbe to avoid spoilers?

crd1213 - Sep 18

27 by Kenpachi_Arun »»
11 hours ago

» kenjaku chapter 270

deg - Yesterday

6 by Uruichi »»
Yesterday, 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.