Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 9:59 AM
Jul 2015
Kita-san very strong...
Mar 18, 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to LeonLanford
I just realized something weird.. Kitasan Black is black, Daiwa Scarlet is scarlet, but Gold Ship is not gold!

Also I don't really remember, didn't Teio was the last to join the Spica team? I don't remember Kitasan joined before

NirvashX1 said:
s1 100%
s2 70%
S3 40%

YESS that is excitement when i watch every season !!

repeating plot make this boring AF !!

Agree. The plot is too repetitive with girl of the season format

There's also only 1 live in this season, did the studio somehow forget about that lol
@LeonLanford The live are polished as hell in the gacha, so it would be a waste to use it outside of final of the season
May 25, 12:16 AM

Jan 2010
A couple things surprised me going into the 3rd season of Uma Musume.

First, there's a strong sense of community throughout the series, but I think this season truly focused on that aspect. There's always been a culture of horse girls in the series, where the world feels developed and built around horse girl racing. Tracen Academy is not just an isolated location that exists in a vacuum. It really feels like all of Japan, if not the whole world, revolves around horse girls, yet the population of horse girls aren't necessarily the dominant species. They just sort of exist, and the world also continues to exist with them, as if that's how it's always been. No question is made about why they are, nor how the continue to be, but these horse girls really do feel integrated into their world, and the world reciprocates by building around them.

Second, I love the feeling of continuous legacies in the series. Not many franchises have the luxury of multiple seasons dedicated to their brand, and Uma Musume takes advantage of this by having each season focus on two characters max. There are a number of peripheral characters that push these characters' stories forward, and there's constant reoccurring characters in the background whom either get their focus spots in various episodes, or in future seasons where they're the actual focus. I enjoy this character balance much more than trying to focus on too many characters in a limited amount of time. It gives time to flesh out a season's core characters, but it also remembers provide mentions to its supporting cast.

Lastly, I'm constantly impressed by how Uma Musume truly is a sports anime. In spite of the ridiculous premise, I don't think I've seen the concept of "fighting until your fire burns out" in a sports anime since Ashita no Joe. Uma Musume is interesting given how it follows the stories of real life race horses. Due to this, each horse has a definitive beginning and ending to their stories. In previous seasons, those horses had to contend with injuries and illness. Here in season 3, Kitasan had to contend with her own limited time as a race horse. I like how Gold Ship hinted at this early on, handing her unfulfilled legacy to Kitasan. Seeing Kitasan aspire toward international fame, then settle for fulfilling the dreams of her closest supporters made for a kind and uplifting conclusion to her arc. Recalling Ashita no Joe again, it reminds me of that spirit of a community looking up to a local hero.

Never thought I'd see the day where I could compare a character from one of Osamu Dezaki's masterpieces to an anime about anthropomorphized horse girl idols racing in frilly dresses, but here I am.
ShockedMay 25, 7:06 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Nov 29, 2023

36 by lasodamos »»
Mar 16, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2023

36 by lasodamos »»
Mar 12, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Oct 4, 2023

59 by lasodamos »»
Mar 10, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - Nov 22, 2023

20 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Feb 14, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

31 by FragmantLemon »»
Feb 12, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.