Forum Settings
Forums

how do you guys cope with loneliness? (instead of playing video games, listening to music, watching anime and tv shows/movies)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 15, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2023
I try to avoid thinking about it at all times.
Dec 16, 2023 6:05 AM

Jun 2020
I eat something I like. Overthinking comes from hungry stomach so that always works for me.
Dec 17, 2023 2:55 PM

Nov 2009
As a mature and healthy adult i like to curl up in a ball and ignore the world.
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
May 15, 7:25 PM

Oct 2022
do nothing, or sometimes stare at ceiling
May 15, 7:35 PM

Dec 2021
I like touching grass and microfishing (Net only, since I never liked using hooks) personally, since with microfishing, there are literally plenty more fish in the sea. Nothing quite cheers me up like bringing home a tiny saltwater eel as a pet.

Eel eating some freeze-dried shrimp.

Little dude is still my favorite catch, since I caught it by accident.
Daviljoe193May 15, 7:41 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 15, 8:06 PM

Jul 2022
I use 治癒 (chiyu) and 平和 (heiwa)

May 16, 4:07 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to Daviljoe193
I like touching grass and microfishing (Net only, since I never liked using hooks) personally, since with microfishing, there are literally plenty more fish in the sea. Nothing quite cheers me up like bringing home a tiny saltwater eel as a pet.

Eel eating some freeze-dried shrimp.

Little dude is still my favorite catch, since I caught it by accident.
@Daviljoe193 that's so cool.... microfishing.... I'd never heard of it before but now I want to try.
May 16, 5:17 AM

Feb 2024
I have never felt lonely since I was 20 maybe. In fact, I struggle to stay alone when I want to.
But I feel "empty" very often, like feel really nothing. So I have to fill that inner void with someone's emotions. It used to be books or women mostly, but everything good comes to an end: all good books are done, and quiet ladies are more rare than diamonds nowdays. That was nice to discover anime earlier this year, it works really well: I can suck some emotions from it, and can turn it off when I'm bored. I wish that worked with women...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 16, 5:32 AM

Sep 2016
how do you guys cope with loneliness?

I think about how I want to be alone again whenever I'm not.

Otherwise it might help listening to this:

ZarutakuMay 16, 5:41 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 16, 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
im so over being a self pittying anime loser, god bless the normies, go to the gym and do something, you wont be lonely
May 16, 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
By posting on this forum to combat loneliness tbh...
May 16, 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
I tell myself that my loniless does not matter.
Im not special. My past isn't interesting. My memories aren't that important. Reminiscing will not do anything.

I say to myself: Get up. Do something about it. You're too old for this Shit.
Beeing alone isn't something that will go away by "coping"
May 16, 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Merve2Love
I tell myself that my loniless does not matter.
Im not special. My past isn't interesting. My memories aren't that important. Reminiscing will not do anything.

I say to myself: Get up. Do something about it. You're too old for this Shit.
Beeing alone isn't something that will go away by "coping"
@Merve2Love and you probably dont understand that humans are social animals that need friendship and trust to survive...without trust and friendship, humans will quickly die...
May 16, 4:55 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Merve2Love and you probably dont understand that humans are social animals that need friendship and trust to survive...without trust and friendship, humans will quickly die...
@DesuMaiden

Wasn't really my point.
The point was: Wallowing in self-pity won't help.

But I get it - Friends are important.
Thanks for enlightening me.
May 16, 7:19 PM

Oct 2019
Idk, being around family I guess. It's best to be with people that cares about you and takes interest in how you feel so you don't really feel lonely. Though, I'm not saying this is a privilege only attained by family, it's by making an effort to establish relationships, maybe care about someone so you don't feel alone. I'm no expert in mental illness, but having someone to talk to, particularly face to face, is an immense help.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 11:22 AM

Nov 2023
Loneliness is not something I cope with or think is something that should be coped with cuz this presumes that I hate loneliness or being alone. Being alone is my norm. I feel much happier in solitude than I do with other people most of the time. Not that I HATE other people, ofc not. There are times when I wanna get out there and indulge in some tomfoolery with ppl. But generally I just like being in my own head if that makes sense.

00cactus
May 19, 4:27 PM
May 2024
Its been very very verry hard to make friends as an adult
Idk i have been thinking im mentaly retarded because i don’t have any friends
May 20, 9:27 AM

Jun 2020
By imagining myself dissolving with world around me..

..the relief from it is fleeting, but enough to keep me sane (I think.. atleast, so far)
May 20, 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
I draw anime on my computer with Krita...
May 21, 3:44 AM
Oct 2015
I usually just hang around my cats or even sleep when I’m feeling lonely.
I’m currently trying to break out of that feeling by putting myself out there more though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Follower Bots on Twitter

vasipi4946 - Today

17 by WaffleMaster89 »»
31 minutes ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

119 by Ahegyao »»
34 minutes ago

» I think we live in a super-deterministic universe.

purple_rayn - Yesterday

32 by WaffleMaster89 »»
39 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

87 by DesuMaiden »»
42 minutes ago

» What word you find hard to spell

ST63LTH - 10 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.