Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2023 1:30 AM

Jul 2017
It's the day of the Regular Concert, and everyone is pumped to deliver their very best. From the transport infrastructure to the behind-the-scenes coordination, all looks set to go. With the preparations in the way, Takeda-sensei takes a look, and Aono's mother came long coincidentally to see on both Hajime and Akine. Seeing Hajime within himself for his time past in judo and violin, he has picked himself up in his growing-up years, and that influence led to Hajime through his experiences. That said, they're still just as anticipated for their time to come.

The concertmaster Harada making a speech, but Ayukawa-sensei finds this boring, especially since that it's him and the 3rd Years' final concert. And once Harada stopped being the good guy, lots of sacrifices were made since they were alike 1st and 2nd Years before, with the school's rich orchestra history at the back of their minds. Even to his own conduct, he still wants to perform to his very best. Leaving things up to wrap with President Tateishi, she directs her attention to Ayukawa-sensei for his relentless teachings over the years.

With a loud cry that resounds the concert theater, the Umimaku High School Orchestra Clun is a go, unified together for their final hurrah. The Regular Concert starts here.

The final thrust into Volume 6 of the manga, looks like the production team knows a good stopping point.
KANLen09Oct 1, 2023 12:55 AM
Sep 24, 2023 11:05 AM
Aug 2020
nice speech

i wondering if we will see the dad appear...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 24, 2023 7:23 PM
Sep 2021
The episode had a lot of dialogue when compared to previous episode, it was a buildup for the start of the concert.
Sep 24, 2023 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
Finally they made to the concert Glad his MS homeroom teacher was able to talk to his mom
Sep 25, 2023 1:01 AM

Feb 2019
A slower introspective episode as everyone prepares for the big concert. Really a good opportunity to reflect on how far everyone has come. Every single member of the orchestra who’s been chosen to participate should feel proud. They’ve all sacrificed a lot to get here

Loved the speech the upperclassmen gave, how they all acknowledged that it wouldn’t be possible without sensei. Also Aono’s mom’s convo with his former home room teacher was sweet. I kinda ship it?

There’s so many good role models and two really good teachers in this series, it’s so wholesome. Tbf, minus Aono’s dad they’re all good characters.

Honestly for an ep with mainly dialogue it went by pretty fast and was very heartwarming.

I’m excited to finally see the concert after like 6 months of build up lol. I wonder if we’ll see the dad make an appearance in the end
Marinate1016Sep 25, 2023 1:08 AM
Sep 25, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
Will the concert go smooth? What if Aono/Saeki see his dad in the audience and become mentally unstable during the concert?
Sep 26, 2023 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
this was a nice build up episode before their performance
Sep 27, 2023 6:26 PM
Aug 2021
I hope the Dad shows up. Honestly, wouldn't make sense if he didn't. It's shown that Ano was close to his Dad and that the Violin was the thing that they bonded over. Yeah, he had a messed break up with his wife and caused issues but it doesn't make sense that he's completely disappeared from Ano's life.
Sep 28, 2023 1:52 AM

Dec 2015
I had expected the concert to be in 22. A bit more talking in 23/24. Seems like the concert will be in 23. And they had some of the talking before the concert in - in 22. Seems well made so far. Regarding the pacing and writing.

I hope we get to see a bit of dialogue between the old teacher and Ayukawa - was great to see both of them in the flashback. Aono's mother almost seemed like she'd fall in love with the old teacher - when she seemed to like/admire his background when he told her about his past. :D

(And I still see Saeki + possible with the shy girl ... Haru was the name I think. But that might need more episodes and a sequel to develop. We had good hints here so far though. Akine should become the club president maybe. Since this seems to have been split - best musicians not acting as president which makes sense ... they mainly should focus on the music not on administrative work.)

The father being secretly (with sunglasses but the obvious hair style and color) in the audience would be great though. Looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Since OP mentions this is going into volume 6 of the manga ... seems like they paced it at about 4 episodes per volume? And according to wiki ... more left - where they could make a full 2-cour second season? But I doubt that will happen ... such stuff usually does not sell well. Only 1 season to advertise the manga. Unless that one also is about to end and a 2-cour season 2 would fully adapt everything ... that might not be tooo unlikely. Completely adapted stuff is getting less rare nowadays.
Oct 10, 2023 10:50 PM

Oct 2017
Not the perfect speech but it was full of their feelings. Third year graduation is always emotional and this one made me emotional as well, even though it's actually not their graduation but it's still their final performance. I'm gonna miss the third years and it sucks we didn't get more focus on them.
Dec 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Dec 2022
Takeda has literally been a better dad for Aono and he's not even a dad. Just a teacher. Shits crazy. Takeda is such a good dude

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 24 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2023

29 by LockardGamer »»
Mar 12, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2023

18 by Asanchan »»
Feb 8, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 23 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2023

18 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 21 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2023

15 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 10, 2023

13 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 18, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.