Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2023 3:33 AM
May 2017
[I am reading the DarkHorse issue of Akira. Here 120 chapters are converted into 38 parts. And the sequence of event is mixed up to match the new format. So, I know how many chapters I have read but do not know what part belong to which chapter.]

To me: Lady Miyoko is religiously following something she don't understand. She cares so much about the helpless but didn't let Kay kill Tetsuo's right hand man who is leading the assault. She talks about fate but seem scared of what will happen next. In the end, she is sort of an accidental cult leader.

I am happy that Kei survived. Seeing someone from Kaneda's biker gang still alive bring sort of a hope. I wish whatever happened to Kaneda, he is alright.
Dec 3, 2023 9:27 PM

Apr 2020
Episode 69: Pages 342-357 of volume 4 of the Kodansha publication.

Ah, so finally Kei convinces Miyako to move her ass to safety with Masaru. In the meantime, they manage to communicate with Kiyoko in the Colonel's military-pod, which puts the Colonel in a bad position. However, it looks like we'll finally get to see what the Colonel's laser gun can do.

The chapter ends with Tetsuo beating them to their own secret hideout. I had a feeling Masaru's esper power was likely going to tip off Tetsuo and send him flying after them. Tetsuo seems to be increasingly more sensitive to "the force" (lol).
Dec 4, 2023 5:55 AM
May 2017
Reply to GurschachX
Episode 69: Pages 342-357 of volume 4 of the Kodansha publication.

Ah, so finally Kei convinces Miyako to move her ass to safety with Masaru. In the meantime, they manage to communicate with Kiyoko in the Colonel's military-pod, which puts the Colonel in a bad position. However, it looks like we'll finally get to see what the Colonel's laser gun can do.

The chapter ends with Tetsuo beating them to their own secret hideout. I had a feeling Masaru's esper power was likely going to tip off Tetsuo and send him flying after them. Tetsuo seems to be increasingly more sensitive to "the force" (lol).
@GurschachX Miyako's irrational behavior showcase that she doesn't in fact have a clear idea of what she is suppose to do. If she really cared about her followers then why did she let them go. Since, I have read ahead and know her plan. She almost wasted it by staying there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Chapter 87 Discussion

supersayen - Nov 1, 2010

6 by BartCreator »»
Jun 1, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 120 Discussion

linkjoker - Apr 17, 2017

17 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 116 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 113 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 2:50 AM

» Akira ending

Jacky08 - Feb 14

3 by Jacky08 »»
Feb 16, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.