Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 19, 2023 3:21 PM
May 2016
Seriously, look at the most popular reviews for this show. This happens with almost every popular and acclaimed show, they get spammed by troll reviews rating the shows so low/calling them "overrated" with awful pretentious/parody-tier reasoning. Why do the negative troll reviews always take priority on the review pages? It's such a disservice to fantastic shows.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 19, 2023 3:25 PM
Mar 2021
Says the guy that spams "Confusing" to every review he does't agree with.
Jun 19, 2023 3:26 PM
Jan 2015
Because people have get togethers and downvote rankings/leave negative reviews on here like their life depends on it. I didn't even bother reading them, would suggest doing the same.
Shadow
Jun 19, 2023 3:33 PM
Mar 2021
MugiwaraJopa said:
Trolls feeding on the attention that the "hating for the sake of it" reviews bring

If someone were to just genuinely dislike the show, they wouldn't have bothered to write a lengthy review ahead to drop it the second the season ends.

Don't bother.
So to get it straight, for you someone actually disliking the show and writing a genuine critical review is inconceivable? lol
Jun 19, 2023 3:36 PM
May 2016
potato_critic said:
Because those reviews are awful and there isn't a concrete option given to dislike reviews for some reason? Colour me shocked that awful reviews get seen as such, wow!
Jun 19, 2023 3:38 PM

Mar 2021
potato_critic said:
MugiwaraJopa said:
Trolls feeding on the attention that the "hating for the sake of it" reviews bring

If someone were to just genuinely dislike the show, they wouldn't have bothered to write a lengthy review ahead to drop it the second the season ends.

Don't bother.
So to get it straight, for you someone actually disliking the show and writing a genuine critical review is inconceivable? lol
Walls of text review the moment the final episode drops? After 6 months of watching? It's not like the season has a sudden shit ending. So those reviews must've disliked it for quite some time. Yeah, that's just hate-watching. There's some genuine criticism here and there but a lot of them are just ranting to collect profile comments. Both exist

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about constructive reviews here. I'm against labeling every negative review as one from a hater
OdabraniJun 19, 2023 3:59 PM

Jun 19, 2023 3:39 PM

Apr 2020
So...isn't the problem people beeing trolls, rather than MaL not fixing stuff? o.O

I mean...as a community the solution would be: Be less shitty and everyone is more happy with the webside. Not really a MaL-Problem, imo. It's just people on the internet.
Implementing something to dislike or downgrade the reviews wouldn't fix the problem. Trolls will be trolling and there are some "negative" reviews you won't agree with. But that's life... 
Merve2LoveJun 19, 2023 3:50 PM
Jun 19, 2023 3:45 PM
Mar 2021
Modernoir said:
potato_critic said:
Because those reviews are awful and there isn't a concrete option given to dislike reviews for some reason? Colour me shocked that awful reviews get seen as such, wow!
I mean what is even the point of disliking a review. If you don't like it just move on.
If a review is genuinely offensive then report it.
MAL already has tons of toxicity, want proof? Just go to my profile and see what pacifism looks like.
Jun 19, 2023 3:50 PM

Nov 2020
Modernoir said:
potato_critic said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think clicking "confusing" just marks the review as having another reaction and elevates it further. 
Negator

Mar 2022
potato_critic said:
Modernoir said:
I mean what is even the point of disliking a review. If you don't like it just move on.
MAL already has tons of toxicity, want proof? Just go to my profile and see what pacifism looks like.

I mean one could say the same about a show, if you don’t like it, move on instead of sticking around for 24 weeks/episodes to watch something you aren’t a fan of. I agree tho, some people are dicks and attack others with differing opinions for no reason.
Dec 2021
You just gotta accept that not everyone shares your trash taste and move on lmao
Jun 19, 2023 3:54 PM

Nov 2021
Lemurians said:
Modernoir said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think clicking "confusing" just marks the review as having another reaction and elevates it further. 

The more negative or ridiculous a review is, the more responses (confusing, funny, etc) it gets, and the more likely it is to top the review system. Look at the top review, it has a more number of "confusing" responses, and inflates the total number of responses as high as possible making it to the top, even tho the majority of people disagree with it.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 19, 2023 3:57 PM

Jun 2022
potato_critic said:
Modernoir said:
Your review was terrible and doesn't highlight any of the problems of this show, you just skirt around the issues, there should be dislikes for reviews like yours. In my review I actually analyze precisely what the issues are and don't hold back, maybe try being more open with your review and stop holding back?
Jun 19, 2023 3:58 PM

Apr 2011
Lemurians said:
Modernoir said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2097086
Jun 19, 2023 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
That's how it is on MAL, unfortunately. You can see many popular shows having overly critical reviews as the top ones. It can't be helped.

What you might want to do is to upvote reviews you find as fair and balanced, even if their authors don't recommend a show; and ignore reviews you find as representing bad quality. Remember that "Confusing" emoji reaction still upvote a review.

Oh, and of course you can report reviews you feel that are dedicated to trolling, or that are simply spam.
Jun 19, 2023 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
potato_critic said:
Modernoir said:

I'm gonna write a review about your favorite anime with nothing but misinformation in it and unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to reduce its visibility because we don't need a functioning rating system. Enjoy.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jun 19, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2016
Modernoir said:
Seriously, look at the most popular reviews for this show. This happens with almost every popular and acclaimed show, they get spammed by troll reviews rating the shows so low/calling them "overrated" with awful pretentious/parody-tier reasoning. Why do the negative troll reviews always take priority on the review pages? It's such a disservice to fantastic shows.
It's fine tbh. With the emote reactions added to reviews, based on the most reacted emote people can already guess if that review should be taken seriously or not. 
Jun 19, 2023 4:09 PM
Jul 2014
It's the same as the romance anime whose top review is some fat girl with blue hair screeching about how dudes liking the idea of being together with attractive women makes them misogynists and incels. The system is cooked.

They need a better negative reaction than "confusing" for a kickoff.
Jun 19, 2023 4:17 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Zukan123 said:
potato_critic said:
Your review was terrible and doesn't highlight any of the problems of this show, you just skirt around the issues, there should be dislikes for reviews like yours. In my review I actually analyze precisely what the issues are and don't hold back, maybe try being more open with your review and stop holding back?

No need to go after someone else who also dislikes it, tho the irony is that yours is actually the worst of the two.
Jun 19, 2023 4:46 PM
May 2017
It's not broken, it's working as intended. The more reacts a post gets counts as it being popular, so it gets pushed to the top. If you guys really don't want those reviews at the top, just ignore them instead of spamming confusing or haha reacts. 
Jun 19, 2023 5:13 PM
Nov 2019
potato_critic said:
Nahhhh blud think he’s a critic
Jun 19, 2023 5:17 PM
Apr 2023
People have been asking this for over a decade now, since the days I was a little shit watching ecchi.
Jun 19, 2023 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
You can always choose to avoid ones marked "funny" or "confusing".
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 19, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Quanda1eDing1e said:
It's not broken, it's working as intended. The more reacts a post gets counts as it being popular, so it gets pushed to the top. If you guys really don't want those reviews at the top, just ignore them instead of spamming confusing or haha reacts. 
That's true. I and many other users have been repeating it for a while: reviews are up voted by any reaction, so treating "Confusing" as "downvote" won't have any effect, as for it will still count as upvote. It applies to any other emoji reaction. Each reaction might convey a different message (obviously), but all of them have the same weight in terms of upvoting.
Jun 19, 2023 6:23 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

371 by Astiaz »»
Jun 2, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

490 by VibinRenji »»
Jun 1, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

376 by VibinRenji »»
Jun 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

20 by Mdraj6996 »»
May 30, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

380 by VibinRenji »»
May 27, 11:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.