Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2023 7:56 PM

Oct 2021
What are your thoughts on the Arc per-season setup? Or Do you like things more episodic with many battles over time?

This series has followed suit with other Manga adaptations not taking on epic battles over long periods of time. Instead, we are getting long stories WITH the battles in an Arc per-season setup. 

I personally enjoy this type of pacing. I feel more vested and I like the flashbacks during grips of danger and extreme stress in the current Sword Village Arc, because that's truly how our minds work. This pacing allows for curiosity about the Manga. In my opinion, I think a lot of people had the wrong expectation of the series. A series doesn't HAVE to be long to be great, but ANY series needs to have a good story and I think they did pretty dawn well. 

but it was still great.

Always go in with little to no expectations when exploring Anime, you never know what you might be missing.
Jun 17, 2023 8:19 PM

Jul 2021
Too Slow, I also don't like Flashbacks in-between fights it ruins the mood
Jun 17, 2023 8:43 PM

Oct 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
I totally get that! It took some slight adjustments until I got what they were trying to go for. 
Always go in with little to no expectations when exploring Anime, you never know what you might be missing.
Jun 17, 2023 9:04 PM
Jan 2022
Boring season storywise honestly. Overuse of sad backstories and inner monologues even when its fucking clear whats going on. Animation top notch as always. Even Mitsuri's glamorous tits won't save this season being the worst yet.
RipperdocJun 17, 2023 9:09 PM
Jun 17, 2023 9:10 PM
Apr 2021
I am a huge demon slayer fan and I don't know what happened in this arc but I kinda feel like they lost the touch. The fight choreography and animation is still great but I feel like it lacks the atmosphere of the previous seasons and the pacing was a bit rushed in the present scenes to fit the flashbacks in. If you even look at an entertainment district arc episode, you can easily tell it's from that arc because of the atmosphere. Same with Mugen Train, the initial training and the mountain arc. I don't know if anyone agrees but I just miss the atmosphere and also seeing the trio grow together, and not full blown Hashiras getting power ups, although I enjoyed that without any ounce of doubt. Sorry for the rant xD.
Jun 17, 2023 9:14 PM
Jun 2021
It got a bit old this season but that’s fine because it’s the last time they’ll do that seeing as next season will probably be the last and 24 episodes
Jun 17, 2023 9:34 PM
Feb 2021
People be discussing like some sort of critics, as if they after all weren’t talking about Demon Slayer lmao
Jun 17, 2023 9:40 PM
Aug 2022
I think the arc started strong but really began to drag in the middle. Two of the three backstories involved demons killing their families and that has kinda gotten stale at this point. That being said I think it’s picked back up again with Mitsuri’s episode, since it was a more different backstory and also had a much more interesting fight.

Animation and fights are on point as always but this arc shows that animation cannot be the only good thing about a show.
Jun 17, 2023 10:15 PM
Sep 2021
I think we need to understand that for there to be good there must be bad and for there to be a best there must be a worst. This is probably the worst season, but even then it’s still at minimum a 7/10. This show is the most unapologetically shonen show i’ve ever seen. It’s nothing more than it needs to be. Is it corny? yes. Does it get repetitive? for sure. Sometimes stuff like this is okay, especially because the Infinty Castle Arc is on the way and apparently that’s breaking the internet (i’m anime only for now)
Jun 17, 2023 10:23 PM
Dec 2020
Cestlavie_ said:

Yes I totally agree
Jun 17, 2023 11:01 PM
Jan 2021
InfiNitrous said:
I am a huge demon slayer fan and I don't know what happened in this arc but I kinda feel like they lost the touch. The fight choreography and animation is still great but I feel like it lacks the atmosphere of the previous seasons and the pacing was a bit rushed in the present scenes to fit the flashbacks in. If you even look at an entertainment district arc episode, you can easily tell it's from that arc because of the atmosphere. Same with Mugen Train, the initial training and the mountain arc. I don't know if anyone agrees but I just miss the atmosphere and also seeing the trio grow together, and not full blown Hashiras getting power ups, although I enjoyed that without any ounce of doubt. Sorry for the rant xD.

Agreed. the atmostphere is dull, pacing is atrocious, flashbacks are annoying asf.
Infinity castle arc will be a fire arc though.
Jun 17, 2023 11:15 PM

Jul 2015
yeahtoast21 said:
I think we need to understand that for there to be good there must be bad and for there to be a best there must be a worst. This is probably the worst season, but even then it’s still at minimum a 7/10. This show is the most unapologetically shonen show i’ve ever seen. It’s nothing more than it needs to be. Is it corny? yes. Does it get repetitive? for sure. Sometimes stuff like this is okay, especially because the Infinty Castle Arc is on the way and apparently that’s breaking the internet (i’m anime only for now)

Very much true. This arc was widely considered as the weakest even in the manga, but ufotable still did what they could with what they had to work with. It was palatable, but slight dip in quality is there.
But still, the BEST content is yet to come.

Jun 18, 2023 12:18 AM
Nov 2022
Ripperdoc said:
Boring season storywise honestly. Overuse of sad backstories and inner monologues even when its fucking clear whats going on. Animation top notch as always. Even Mitsuri's glamorous tits won't save this season being the worst yet.

Yes it will save the season.
Jun 18, 2023 12:19 AM
Nov 2022
yeahtoast21 said:

Very based lelouch pfp demon slayer take. You could had not stated it better and we all feel the same way as you do.

There are just some shounen maniac’s that likes to shit on demon slayer to defend their own shows. Without a reason
Jun 18, 2023 12:23 AM
Apr 2023
I was attracted to demon slayer most die to the animation of season 1 and season 2. The fight between hashiras and upper moons are marvellous and the animation, no words to praise the season 2. So I was expecting a lot from season 3. But the reality fucked me up by making upper moon 4 and 5 animation like somewhat unusual as season 2. The fight between tengen and gyutaro was a masterpiece of animation. But in this season I was disappointed by the upper moon 5 animation as it was like overanimated to make it best. The CGI or whatever that is performed is the reason for the rise of this unsatisfaction.
Jun 18, 2023 12:42 AM
Dec 2020
People shouldn't complain,i know in this season action scenes are very lackluster and not even close to S2 fight scenes
But it's been only 10 episodes and we have a whole one episode ,it doesn't matter if almost every episode was lackluster but we will bark about that one episode (if we're lucky enough but this season has been nothing but disappointment) for whole year ignoring 90% of shit show this season has offered.
Someone will get hurt by my comment because they don't want to hear anything bad about a bad season.
And yes , the TAG HATER is coming for me.
Jun 18, 2023 3:10 AM
Sep 2022
for me it was too fast
Jun 18, 2023 3:18 AM

Oct 2021
InfiNitrous said:
My sentiment exactly. I also felt there was a shift in the atmosphere as a whole because of the pacing. I heard that other series are going with "set" numbers of episodes to save on production but I feel the rush affects Demon Slayer too much. I'm a patient fan and willing to grant the time but many are impatient, to say the least. I just hope it feels complete when its done.
Jun 18, 2023 3:20 AM

Oct 2021
yeahtoast21 said:
I like this line of thinking. It's how I approach most situations like this.
Jun 18, 2023 3:33 AM

Oct 2021
I would bet there was a ton of discussion on what was going to be the focus of each arc. I feel like this might have been a decision made between the production of seasons 1 and 2. While Season 2 is great, it ends up lingering in the wrong spots and we don't get time to invest in characters organically. We get them all in one swift shot during battle and flashbacks, not inter-character relationships.
Jun 18, 2023 4:51 AM
May 2020
oh, I like the flashbacks 🫠
Jun 18, 2023 6:01 AM
Nov 2020
Andrew_AnimeShow said:
What are your thoughts on the Arc per-season setup? Or Do you like things more episodic with many battles over time?

This series has followed suit with other Manga adaptations not taking on epic battles over long periods of time. Instead, we are getting long stories WITH the battles in an Arc per-season setup. 

I personally enjoy this type of pacing. I feel more vested and I like the flashbacks during grips of danger and extreme stress in the current Sword Village Arc, because that's truly how our minds work. This pacing allows for curiosity about the Manga. In my opinion, I think a lot of people had the wrong expectation of the series. A series doesn't HAVE to be long to be great, but ANY series needs to have a good story and I think they did pretty dawn well. 

but it was still great.

I actually like this season better because of the flashbacks and the pace. It’s not just a long fight. There’s a lot of inner monologue and better backstory for the heroes. I mean the demons always had backstory and it makes them more interesting. I especially liked Muichiro’s backstory and how it fits into the narrative.
Jun 18, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2023
Andrew_AnimeShow said:

but it was still great.

too slow actually
Jun 18, 2023 10:52 AM
Jan 2022
RopeBuny said:
Ripperdoc said:

If it does save the season for you than good for you, but that isn't the case for me. I envy you.
Jun 18, 2023 12:46 PM
Nov 2022
Ripperdoc said:
RopeBuny said:

If it does save the season for you than good for you, but that isn't the case for me. I envy you.

annnnnnnd i pity you.
Jun 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Oct 2009
I'm ... honestly not even sure what to think. Arc, technically, but... They make the trip, with all the safety precautions at that - and then we're basically in a boss battle right away. So much so that we barely even get to catch a glimpse of the new(ish) characters, that's gotta be left for flashbacks and some convos during those boss battles. There are moments when, in a way, it's nice to break up the gratuitous dragging out of angst/gore scenes... but at the same time it's the kind of breaks that are easily cringe or groan-worthy because really, again? Oh, and how many bosses do we even have here, three, four, five... can anyone even keep track? And then suddenly it's - daybreak, we survive (no idea why our bubbly love hashira is even panicking that she's gonna get killed just before little drummer demon goes out without so much as a bang), she survives, there's a random cutoff to That Guy™️ because he's just innately aware of what's happened... And amidst all the rubble, there's a bighuge send-off party as our heroes get literally carted away. What even is the point of all the secrecy yet again if the demons are already aware of the location of the village anyway - I think that point alone sums up this entire arc.
It's just... weird and off. The music and visuals are still there, if you like the particular style of character humour it's still there in some traces, but... Yeah, not gonna be the most memorable one, I think.
yellowheartrenJun 18, 2023 1:22 PM
Jun 19, 2023 9:35 AM
Mar 2021
i actually don't like the idea of 80% of season being action because they just slow down fight hence they lose entertainment value unless it reach the final stage for me
Jun 20, 2023 3:11 PM
Nov 2022
I don't know about fast or slow, but i do know that at least it needs more time spent on character development that isn't just flashbacks. It feels like there's too much slaying demons and no time to take a breather and get to know characters better.

The fight with the upper moon had started by like episode 3 in this arc and continued the whole season.
Jun 20, 2023 6:55 PM

Oct 2021
yellowheartren said:
I'm ... honestly not even sure what to think. Arc, technically, but... They make the trip, with all the safety precautions at that - and then we're basically in a boss battle right away. So much so that we barely even get to catch a glimpse of the new(ish) characters, that's gotta be left for flashbacks and some convos during those boss battles. There are moments when, in a way, it's nice to break up the gratuitous dragging out of angst/gore scenes... but at the same time it's the kind of breaks that are easily cringe or groan-worthy because really, again? Oh, and how many bosses do we even have here, three, four, five... can anyone even keep track? And then suddenly it's - daybreak, we survive (no idea why our bubbly love hashira is even panicking that she's gonna get killed just before little drummer demon goes out without so much as a bang), she survives, there's a random cutoff to That Guy™️ because he's just innately aware of what's happened... And amidst all the rubble, there's a bighuge send-off party as our heroes get literally carted away. What even is the point of all the secrecy yet again if the demons are already aware of the location of the village anyway - I think that point alone sums up this entire arc.
It's just... weird and off. The music and visuals are still there, if you like the particular style of character humour it's still there in some traces, but... Yeah, not gonna be the most memorable one, I think.
I felt the same way about the bosses as well. I thought I missed something, but it was just the time-warp effect of the pacing.
Jun 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Aug 2020
Arc per season is great. Any problem you see woth it is just Demon Slayer's arcs being the problem.
Keep scrolling

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

711 by arafat10 »»
Jun 16, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.