Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2023 5:03 PM

Oct 2019
hyperknees91 said:
Hmm while I can see preferring the scene being directed in a more disturbing way of course.

the thing about a rape scene, is that no matter how messed up you make it, that doesn't necessarily stop it from being at least somewhat erotic. that's true, there is a reason so many messed hentai exist. you can tell yourself "no that's disgusting only the ultra mega perverts would say that"

but the truth of the matter is that in most cases, when you see tits, you see tits. 

I don't think I can really agree with this and is a rather harsh generalization. If someone views a rape scene in an erotic light then either the story isn't taking things seriously enough for someone to care (or in general just doesn't take fiction seriously enough), or they just haven't been educated enough on why such events are so terrible. To add to that.

you could put those manga pages on rule 34, and without context, randoms on the website wouldn't see it as anything other than just some random hentai.

I don't think that's relevant, you can't just take scenes out of context in general, that's just not how writing/story telling works. But even then, in general, rape scenes are usually disturbing/repulsive regardless of how they are conveyed. Certain audience may perceive these scenes in perverted/strange ways of course, but I don't think you should take that as the norm.

you are missing the point. the fact that it CAN be seen as erotic either with or without context, proves that its there.

of course a lot, maybe even most people would not find it erotic, but that is because the story element is overshadowing it for them, not because its not erotic at all.

it can be anywhere from a non factor, to slightly distracting, to scene ruining depending on the person.

so why should it be there?

when the tits are there, the viewer may focus on how horrible it is, or they may not do that.

so why not take that erotic-ness away? in a scene like that, how does it help?

cutting it out, and making the scene more focussed just makes it better. while having it the other way around, is either a negative or a non-factor.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 18, 2023 5:07 PM

Apr 2020
APolygons2 said:
Kaasfondue said:
That does sound worse, and makes it seem even more likely that the author was inspired by hentai.

>brain put in sister's body (who he was in love with)
>father figure disappears (also obsessed with)
>find him after 5 years and he rapes you while telling you to watch and think about how it's your sister getting raped

frankly, it doesn't matter. what matters is the result. hentai is also an art form.

its rightfully, not nearly as recpected, but still.

to me the only thing that matters is how good it is.

and i think it was fine in the manga, and great in the anime, for all the reasosns i mentioned in the original thread post.

So I went and took a look at the manga and it's not bad at all IMO. I mean I sure personally don't find the way it was done titillating but similar to the anime just very disturbing, not like fanservice at all. But it's still some weird ass hentai storyline, like that this the twist and pay-off after ''finding Robin'' is so weird. Not bad, and not offensive, just weird. Hope we get a season 2 or I'll have to read the manga.
Jun 18, 2023 5:11 PM

Oct 2019
Kaasfondue said:
APolygons2 said:

frankly, it doesn't matter. what matters is the result. hentai is also an art form.

its rightfully, not nearly as recpected, but still.

to me the only thing that matters is how good it is.

and i think it was fine in the manga, and great in the anime, for all the reasosns i mentioned in the original thread post.

So I went and took a look at the manga and it's not bad at all IMO. I mean I sure personally don't find the way it was done titillating but similar to the anime just very disturbing, not like fanservice at all. But it's still some weird ass hentai storyline, like that this the twist and pay-off after ''finding Robin'' is so weird. Not bad, and not offensive, just weird. Hope we get a season 2 or I'll have to read the manga.

i mean yeah, of course. i said fine to great. not bad to good.

i don't think the manga did it poorly, i just think the anime did it a lot better.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 18, 2023 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
APolygons2 said:
Kaasfondue said:

i don't think the manga did it poorly, i just think the anime did it a lot better.

Yeah my bad, I didn't mean to say that's what you think. It was more of a response in general.
Jun 18, 2023 5:37 PM

May 2016
APolygons2 said:
ok, I saw a few people complaining about censorship, and I am here to set things straight.

let me start by saying, I am that friendly smooth brain who last week got curious and read this chapter of the manga, and said it wasn't even that bad. I am also someone who is against any kind of censorship in fiction.

so when I tell you the way this episode was done was absolute directing perfection, at least trust that I am not biased.

the thing about a rape scene, is that no matter how messed up you make it, that doesn't necessarily stop it from being at least somewhat erotic. that's true, there is a reason so many messed hentai exist. you can tell yourself "no that's disgusting only the ultra mega perverts would say that"

but the truth of the matter is that in most cases, when you see tits, you see tits. 

and while I would defend the manga having the scene, I would also go ahead and say it didn't do the best job of making the focus be on the scene being "messed up".

BUT, this episode did.

think about, why is it, that the most explicit scene in the story so far, had less skin shown than the more fanservice-y scenes?

if you pay attention, you'll see that this is easily one of, if not the most well directed episode in the show. it has so much creativity, but it doesn't even need to change art style to do it. even without knowing it, It would be easy to see it's by the same guy who directed 86. specially when you notice the perfection level parallel cutting that he also used in that show.

He made that scene so much, darker, so much scarier, so much more impactful, and he did it by showing less.

that scene no longer has anything that makes it erotic, it shows you all the ugly parts, everything that makes the event terrifying.

you could put those manga pages on rule 34, and without context, randoms on the website wouldn't see it as anything other than just some random hentai.

but this doesn't have that. the scene in the anime, was everything that, that scene was meant to be. and it was so much better than the manga for it.
fan service? nudity isn't fan service automatically. it isn't FS if it has to do with the story like this show has. the girls aren't half naked with giant jiggle tits.
Jun 18, 2023 5:45 PM

Oct 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
APolygons2 said:
ok, I saw a few people complaining about censorship, and I am here to set things straight.

let me start by saying, I am that friendly smooth brain who last week got curious and read this chapter of the manga, and said it wasn't even that bad. I am also someone who is against any kind of censorship in fiction.

so when I tell you the way this episode was done was absolute directing perfection, at least trust that I am not biased.

and while I would defend the manga having the scene, I would also go ahead and say it didn't do the best job of making the focus be on the scene being "messed up".

BUT, this episode did.

think about, why is it, that the most explicit scene in the story so far, had less skin shown than the more fanservice-y scenes?

if you pay attention, you'll see that this is easily one of, if not the most well directed episode in the show. it has so much creativity, but it doesn't even need to change art style to do it. even without knowing it, It would be easy to see it's by the same guy who directed 86. specially when you notice the perfection level parallel cutting that he also used in that show.

He made that scene so much, darker, so much scarier, so much more impactful, and he did it by showing less.

that scene no longer has anything that makes it erotic, it shows you all the ugly parts, everything that makes the event terrifying.

but this doesn't have that. the scene in the anime, was everything that, that scene was meant to be. and it was so much better than the manga for it.
fan service? nudity isn't fan service automatically. it isn't FS if it has to do with the story like this show has. the girls aren't half naked with giant jiggle tits.

i never said all nudity is fanservice.

unless you are saying none of the nudity in this whole show was fanservive. in which case, i respectfuly think thats cap.
Also available at:

Jun 18, 2023 5:47 PM

May 2021
I saw the manga chapter and yeah, the anime did it better (it wasn't exactly good though), that speaks volumes of the quality of the original source nonetheless, doubtable at least.
Jun 18, 2023 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
APolygons2 said:
hyperknees91 said:
Hmm while I can see preferring the scene being directed in a more disturbing way of course.

I don't think I can really agree with this and is a rather harsh generalization. If someone views a rape scene in an erotic light then either the story isn't taking things seriously enough for someone to care (or in general just doesn't take fiction seriously enough), or they just haven't been educated enough on why such events are so terrible. To add to that.

I don't think that's relevant, you can't just take scenes out of context in general, that's just not how writing/story telling works. But even then, in general, rape scenes are usually disturbing/repulsive regardless of how they are conveyed. Certain audience may perceive these scenes in perverted/strange ways of course, but I don't think you should take that as the norm.

you are missing the point. the fact that it CAN be seen as erotic either with or without context, proves that its there.

of course a lot, maybe even most people would not find it erotic, but that is because the story element is overshadowing it for them, not because its not erotic at all.

it can be anywhere from a non factor, to slightly distracting, to scene ruining depending on the person.

when the tits are there, the viewer may focus on how horrible it is, or they may not do that.

cutting it out, and making the scene more focussed just makes it better. while having it the other way around, is either a negative or a non-factor.

APolygons2 said:
Kaasfondue said:

APolygons2 said:
hyperknees91 said:

Well the goal would be to show how a normally "erotic" moment/scene out of context is effectively not erotic at all in context. The goal would be to paint it as a very negative thing. Granted yes, you'll have people who don't perceive it that way, but I think that's once again...because of what I previously mentioned. But on someone with a reasonable amount of empathy for people would feel this way at the very least if you ask me.

Also it just really depends on what the author wants to convey with said scene both for how their character experiences, how the rapist perceives what he is doing, and how things change for them after (for example someone brought up Perfect Blue, which is fairly explicit but I don't think you could have conveyed the mix of emotions the main character was feelings in the moment without doing so). 

Jun 18, 2023 7:36 PM

Jun 2022
I completely agree. This is one of those rare K-On situations where the added dimensions of storytelling turn a manga that isn't all that impressive into a legendary anime.
Jun 18, 2023 8:13 PM

May 2016
APolygons2 said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

unless you are saying none of the nudity in this whole show was fanservive. in which case, i respectfuly think thats cap.
examples please?
Jun 18, 2023 8:15 PM

Oct 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
APolygons2 said:

examples please?

every single bath scene except the one in this episode.
Also available at:

Jun 18, 2023 11:10 PM

Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:
every single bath scene except the one in this episode.
How many of them are they?

• The one in the Inn where Maru and Kiruko are fighting the bird man-eater: you can't argue that it tells something about Kiruko
  • The photo of Mimihime under the shower: Imagine the scene without the picture and the reaction of Shiro is not completely understandable
  • The bath before going to see the Immortalists : You don't see anything, and it shows that Kiruko still at that moment doesn't react with the usual nudity taboos, which means he/she doesn't still considers his/her body as her own
  • The bath at the boars' hideout: Taking a bath after being almost frozen to death makes sense but I guess this one was not completely necessary, although it shows that having a hot bath is what you consider a luxury.
  • And of course the one in episode 12

None of these can be consider purely Fan Service as they tell something about the character.
I agree though that we got 5 such scenes with women while just one with Maru in episode 1. And that obviously tells something about some unconscious choices still made today by authors (males and females).
Jun 18, 2023 11:31 PM
Sep 2021
billybub said:
Lol I'm not here to defend censorship, nor have I read the manga outside one chapter, but here's why censorship is good and the anime is better..gtfo with this nonsense

bro is acting like he's not defending censorship even that's what was he doing lol
Jun 18, 2023 11:31 PM

Oct 2019
rvdboom said:
The one in the Inn where Maru and Kiruko are fighting the bird man-eater: you can't argue that it tells something about Kiruko
the mirror was that what told us something about her. it could have been anywhere. it didn't have to be a bath. not that I'm complaining. I like fanservice like this that fits and is not distracting.

rvdboom said:
The bath before going to see the Immortalists : You don't see anything, and it shows that Kiruko still at that moment doesn't react with the usual nudity taboos, which means he/she doesn't still considers his/her body as her own
The bath at the boars' hideout: Taking a bath after being almost frozen to death makes sense but I guess this one was not completely necessary, although it shows that having a hot bath is what you consider a luxury
and yeah these 2 don't really add much other than fanservice. again. I'm not saying it's bad. but they choose to show these, and that's fine. 
Also available at:

Jun 18, 2023 11:47 PM

Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:
the mirror was that what told us something about her. it could have been anywhere. it didn't have to be a bath. not that I'm complaining. I like fanservice like this that fits and is not distracting.
It could have been anywhere? How?
Obviously what triggers this scene is that she sees herself naked and that probably doesn't happen very often. And the bath is obviously the most logical moment for this to happen.
Jun 19, 2023 2:29 AM
Jul 2021
Couldnt agree more. Altho i think only the minority is nitpicking and majority of people do realise it was done well
Jun 19, 2023 3:23 AM
May 2014
I agree, it was very well done. It would be censorship if they removed the rape scene entirely, but removing the nipples and some skin doesn't affect the message or the atmosphere at all. The scene still has the same impact. Anyone complaining about the censorship of this scene is basically saying that they like being able to look at a woman's nipples while she's being raped.
TallsFallsJun 19, 2023 3:26 AM
Jun 19, 2023 3:53 AM

Apr 2021
I would say that there are two types of censorship: the one that censor the substance (removes what is told by the scene) and the one that censor the form (like hiding nipples for moral reasons).
I'm fine with the second, I'm not with the first.
The shady part of this is to decide if an author draw a character in the nude for substance or for form. There is no clear line to draw and it usually depends on the work of art and appreciation of the viewer.
In the case of this particular story, I believe the author did draw naked characters for other reasons than showing them naked and arouse the audience, that's why I'm fine with form censorship as long the substance remains. And I believe the anime directors managed to do just that.
Jun 19, 2023 8:50 AM
Nov 2020
It was really scary rape scene ain't for fan service but for disgust and scare so it was really a good episode
Jun 19, 2023 1:31 PM

Jul 2020
I completely agree, I skimmed through the manga chapter and it didn't feel nearly as impactful as the scene in the show. The dark, terrifying atmosphere was conveyed much better in the anime, you could actually feel Kiruko's whole world crumbling, instead of just checking out some tits
Jun 24, 2023 8:26 AM
Jun 2023
rvdboom said:
Yesitsmeasalways said:
i dont think of it as irrelevant. it was actually a pretty psychologically intense scene that involved gender disphorya and depersonalization. but i agree that the author just kinda puts it out and after that Kiruko just behaves normally as nothing happened.

Allow me to quote myself from a previous reddit post:
One of the most common critics I see about this chapter is "how little impact it has on the characters afterward". And to me, this shows a huge misunderstanding of the story afterward and of the character of Kiruko in general.
[*]
I could go on but this is enough for me to show that chapter 32 had a lot of consequences, just displayed in a more interesting way than the usual depression many people would expect.

[*]Alright, i guess i didnt put as much thought into it as i thought i did. i just reread the chapters after 32 and i picked up a lot of things i didnt remember on the first readthrough. my bad. 
Jun 24, 2023 8:41 AM

Jun 2015
Honestly I shut off when you said censorship at word nine in your post. I watch hentai everyday. Love it. Your seemingly delusion rant about a single scene in an anime, which I do agree wih, was extremely dark and impactful for the show, seems to of got your knickers in a twist and your making something out of it which its not. The fact your posting here after reading the manga disgusts me. Like your some kind of connoisseurr. Go fuck yourself. Or maybe its to early for you, just grow up and stop getting sexually aroused by such things. Your mom would be unhappy.

APolygons2 said:

I dont even know where you are going with your argument. It was clearly a rape scene and a highly sexualised moment.

BUT, this episode did.

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 24, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2019
Roch2001 said:
Honestly I shut off when you said censorship at word nine in your post. I watch hentai everyday. Love it. Your seemingly delusion rant about a single scene in an anime, which I do agree wih, was extremely dark and impactful for the show, seems to of got your knickers in a twist and your making something out of it which its not. The fact your posting here after reading the manga disgusts me. Like your some kind of connoisseurr. Go fuck yourself. Or maybe its to early for you, just grow up and stop getting sexually aroused by such things. Your mom would be unhappy.

I have genuinely no idea what you are even angry about.

like the way you wrote this is so incoherent, I don't even know if you agree or disagree with what I said.

hell, I'm not even sure if you read it.
Also available at:

Jun 24, 2023 10:25 AM

Apr 2021
Yesitsmeasalways said:
[*]Alright, i guess i didnt put as much thought into it as i thought i did. i just reread the chapters after 32 and i picked up a lot of things i didnt remember on the first readthrough. my bad.

[*]I'm pleased to learn this and hope this will make this story more enjoyable to you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

468 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 2, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

477 by xZabuzax »»
May 31, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

299 by xZabuzax »»
May 29, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

244 by xZabuzax »»
May 29, 5:48 PM

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

10 by P1Sanctum »»
May 22, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.