Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2023 8:44 AM
Feb 2023
bigred101196 said:
Confused_100 said:

When side stories don’t affect or develop even the characters, it’s called fluff. It’s also called pointless. That’s not story. You may think it is, but it isn’t. This is like ppl who say “filler is story” when you can literally ignore these fillers and nothing of value would be lost. This isn’t Kaguya, where we can give it a pass due to its genre. You want to give excuses and passes for OnK, be my guest but it’s still not a story. It lost its plot point and theme because it wanted to focus on something it shouldn’t.

Btw romance and comedy are still there. 115 released, I dropped it after volume 8, don’t remember which chapter exactly. But it was around Volume 9. Still see the events that happen and until now, to know if it actually picks up again or will it ever return to what it was.

again I'm not saying all of it isn't filler but the majority of the side stories have either some relation to the main story or have some character development. Now this will be my last response as this is getting repetitive and you seem to just ignore my main point everytime. What you are saying is your OPINION but you are treating it like its a FACT. It's fine to debate your OPINION and try and have people understand your OPINION but acting as if it is a FACT is delusional. Filler = bad is an OPINION not a FACT. There isn't as much filler as your making it out to be but regardless filler being bad is still an OPINION

Well you are right, this is becoming repetitive. And how am I ignoring your points? I literally just told that filler means no story. You are acting there is. That’s a FACT not an OPINION. Filler is literally NO STORY.
Apr 13, 2023 8:47 AM

Aug 2019
Confused_100 said:
FluffyExpress said:

I’m just going to reply to this one since you’re on a spree right now.  If the only counterarguments you are going to bring to the table are that I read too fast and miscounted the number of COPIUM posts you made, please refrain from responding.  The fact that your account’s sole purpose is to tell a mass of people that something they like is not good is an absolute joke.  The issue here is that the OP is seeking opinions from others, while all you are doing is shooting down every opinion you dislike.  The world does not revolve around you.

What opinion? Some ppl here acted like it’s next coming but we all know it drops in quality considerably. Sorry If I seemed like a “hater” or something but it’s true. The story fails to keep up with its own identity. And I like honesty. Now to counter your “counterpoints”, you said I was in copium, I asked how? Also realised you miscounted the number of posts I sent, meaning you just wanted to provoke me. It’s just proof to me that you aren’t here to counter my points but “make fun” or “dismiss”. Your thing though.

Anyone can enjoy it however and whatever way they like though. Just pointing out that there are false statements here.
Apparently I need to go into detail.  I will do that just for you!  Let's go point-by-point.

1.  The topic posted by the original poster suggests that they are seeking an ANSWER FROM PEOPLE, which said answer can ONLY be called an OPINION (evidently you don't even understand what an opinion even is as your final statement tries to prove that there is such a thing as a FALSE OPINION).

2.  I capitalized copium because I felt that there was no need for me to explain why I said it in the first place.  It is quite funny to me how people on copium tend to admit they arent.  You are unable to accept the fact that other people like something you do not.  This LEADS to your replies to other people, which only be considered a coping mechanism.  This is how you deal with the negative emotions that others' posts bring you.

3.  Assuming you realized it, my comments were made setting aside the anime/manga in question.  You would be correct in making the claim that all I am doing is taking a shot at your ability to accept others' opinions.  I do not care about countering your OPINIONS on OnK.

4.  Regarding my previous point, and referencing the portion of my first point in parentheses, your concluding statement only leads me to believe everything I have written is true.  The wording on those final two sentences may be atrocious, but interpreted literally, I am only to assume that you are claiming people can have opinions, just for them to sometimes be wrong.  I simply do not know any other way to take that statement of yours. 

Let me tell you something though since you clearly didn't care about countering this point I made:  Opinions will never be right or wrong, there is no point in subjecting them to such scrutiny.
Apr 13, 2023 9:05 AM
Feb 2023
FluffyExpress said:
Confused_100 said:

What opinion? Some ppl here acted like it’s next coming but we all know it drops in quality considerably. Sorry If I seemed like a “hater” or something but it’s true. The story fails to keep up with its own identity. And I like honesty. Now to counter your “counterpoints”, you said I was in copium, I asked how? Also realised you miscounted the number of posts I sent, meaning you just wanted to provoke me. It’s just proof to me that you aren’t here to counter my points but “make fun” or “dismiss”. Your thing though.

Anyone can enjoy it however and whatever way they like though. Just pointing out that there are false statements here.
Apparently I need to go into detail.  I will do that just for you!  Let's go point-by-point.

1.  The topic posted by the original poster suggests that they are seeking an ANSWER FROM PEOPLE, which said answer can ONLY be called an OPINION (evidently you don't even understand what an opinion even is as your final statement tries to prove that there is such a thing as a FALSE OPINION).

2.  I capitalized copium because I felt that there was no need for me to explain why I said it in the first place.  It is quite funny to me how people on copium tend to admit they arent.  You are unable to accept the fact that other people like something you do not.  This LEADS to your replies to other people, which only be considered a coping mechanism.  This is how you deal with the negative emotions that others' posts bring you.

3.  Assuming you realized it, my comments were made setting aside the anime/manga in question.  You would be correct in making the claim that all I am doing is taking a shot at your ability to accept others' opinions.  I do not care about countering your OPINIONS on OnK.

4.  Regarding my previous point, and referencing the portion of my first point in parentheses, your concluding statement only leads me to believe everything I have written is true.  The wording on those final two sentences may be atrocious, but interpreted literally, I am only to assume that you are claiming people can have opinions, just for them to sometimes be wrong.  I simply do not know any other way to take that statement of yours. 

Let me tell you something though since you clearly didn't care about countering this point I made:  Opinions will never be right or wrong, there is no point in subjecting them to such scrutiny.

1. There is such a thing called as WRONG OPINION, when it contradicts FACTS. Sorry this is hard for you to understand but then again you don’t understand what COPIUM means.

2. You capitalised it along with Number of posts (which were wrong btw) because you wanted to just make fun and provoke. What I said were FACTS about series. As in did story lose its way? Yes it did. It has nothing to do with me disliking it or not. You can’t deny there is filler in it and that its genre shouldn’t have any filler and should be criticised for having that. As for coping mechanism; that’s you because you replied without thinking. That’s when coping happens, it’s mostly when someone replies and tries to just dismiss without thinking. So thank you for doing that.

3. But you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t have replied and continued replying in the first place.

4. Now you are getting back at me for saying that you proved my point. It’s okay, you do this when you are standing on a weak floor. Opinions are acceptable, like you liking the series. Opinions aren’t acceptable when they contradict Facts. Yeah I know it’s weird for you to know this but that’s a thing. Here’s a Fact for you: Fillers aren’t Progressive Stories. They are called Fillers for a reason, you acting it is a story or liking it doesn’t mean it is an actual Progressive Story. That’s when I say you are wrong.

As I just proved to you with an example even that there is something called “Wrong Opinions”, I don’t scrutinise anyone. I look at what is said and show how it’s wrong. Learn that there is something called FACTS.
Apr 13, 2023 9:24 AM

Aug 2019
Confused_100 said:
FluffyExpress said:

1. There is such a thing called as WRONG OPINION, when it contradicts FACTS. Sorry this is hard for you to understand but then again you don’t understand what COPIUM means.

2. You capitalised it along with Number of posts (which were wrong btw) because you wanted to just make fun and provoke. What I said were FACTS about series. As in did story lose its way? Yes it did. It has nothing to do with me disliking it or not. You can’t deny there is filler in it and that its genre shouldn’t have any filler and should be criticised for having that. As for coping mechanism; that’s you because you replied without thinking. That’s when coping happens, it’s mostly when someone replies and tries to just dismiss without thinking. So thank you for doing that.

3. But you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t have replied and continued replying in the first place.

4. Now you are getting back at me for saying that you proved my point. It’s okay, you do this when you are standing on a weak floor. Opinions are acceptable, like you liking the series. Opinions aren’t acceptable when they contradict Facts. Yeah I know it’s weird for you to know this but that’s a thing. Here’s a Fact for you: Fillers aren’t Progressive Stories. They are called Fillers for a reason, you acting it is a story or liking it doesn’t mean it is an actual Progressive Story. That’s when I say you are wrong.

As I just proved to you with an example even that there is something called “Wrong Opinions”, I don’t scrutinise anyone. I look at what is said and show how it’s wrong. Learn that there is something called FACTS.
I am deeply sorry for your loss, but there is no saving you at this rate.  You fail to see the difference between opinions and facts, let alone even analyze what I am saying.  I will now take my leave.
Apr 13, 2023 10:02 AM
Feb 2023
FluffyExpress said:
Confused_100 said:

I am deeply sorry for your loss, but there is no saving you at this rate.  You fail to see the difference between opinions and facts, let alone even analyze what I am saying.  I will now take my leave.

Sorry, I just countered every point you made with examples as well. Hope you start to actually read and understand what ppl say in the future
Apr 13, 2023 10:05 AM
Jun 2019
Confused_100 said:
Muhammad13xx said:

So you think gintama is any better having cringe joke and no story is a good anime how shitty is your opinion

Did Gintama start with a story premise? Gintama started out as a parody lol. You comparing this to Gintama says alot. This had the potential to be as good as CSM or even better but squandered it.

I wonder how many brain cells u have
Your name is right you are too confused to comprehend a simple conversation
Apr 13, 2023 10:22 AM
Feb 2023
Muhammad13xx said:
Confused_100 said:

Did Gintama start with a story premise? Gintama started out as a parody lol. You comparing this to Gintama says alot. This had the potential to be as good as CSM or even better but squandered it.

I wonder how many brain cells u have
Your name is right you are too confused to comprehend a simple conversation

Now resorting to saying bad things about me personally because I countered your bad example. Have fun though
Apr 13, 2023 10:54 AM
May 2018
There's so much die hard fans here lol. looking who create the manga is also create kaguya will no doubt will become rom-com. He combine reincarnate & murder to hook people, then will back to rom-com to milking more, because kaguya sama is end. and he need another work to make his life.
Apr 13, 2023 11:07 AM
Dec 2021
wilstreak said:
What are you talking about, you haven't met Kana, the flicking witch or whatever.
We literally did meet her, lol. 
Apr 13, 2023 11:22 AM
Dec 2016
Hmm i think the first episode should not just end like that, at least they can add a little bit of how the sibling's school life
Like, yeah, the first episode is telling a story about the past and the background and the motive of the son and will i be interested in watching the sibling's life? Well im not sure yet
Apr 13, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
While I understand your point, the first episode kinda needed to have that impact. As it sets up the rest of the show. If the show followed Ai for 11 episodes, there would be a lot to fill, when there is enough content in the manga to fill a season. 
Apr 13, 2023 11:29 AM

Jun 2016
Sanjay63773 said:
Did anybody feel like the first episode of this show is literally the climax of the entire story?

Not in the least. The first two arcs, at the very least, are absolute bombs. It DOES get slow midway, but it's still going solid, amd the last few chaps have been peak... So no, it is far from its peak
Apr 13, 2023 11:37 AM

Oct 2021
the next two arcs are as good as the prologue but it went stale after that but we probably wont see it in s1
Apr 13, 2023 11:39 AM
Sep 2020
Chapter 30 ish and chapter 60 ish both have amazing arcs that I found incredible
Apr 13, 2023 12:13 PM

Jul 2019
I don't know how much they'll adapt this season but I liked the first few parts from the manga. So nope definitely not the peak, there's still some good stuff
Apr 13, 2023 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
Caught up on the manga a few weeks back. In a sense, the main story kinda peaked here and the rest is just about aqua and ruby learning about the entertainment industry. A lot of character progression onwards but the revenge arc is nowhere to be seen yet after 90+ chapters. It's will be a slow ride but a very enjoyable one.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Apr 13, 2023 12:39 PM

Aug 2019
Confused_100 said:
FluffyExpress said:

Sorry, I just countered every point you made with examples as well. Hope you start to actually read and understand what ppl say in the future
I really just can't get enough of you.  Too fun!

You quite literally just said the same shit that spewed from your mouth prior to me making any argument against you.  This exact reason is why no one will get anywhere with you.  You claim I cannot do things that you cannot do yourself.  Your "counters" don't even apply to what I am saying, yet you claim you have beaten me in a debate.  Then you go on to tell me that I lack the ability to understand what people say while you have committed this blunder yourself.  If you keep restating the same things, you were never even PARTICIPATING in a debate to begin with.

I have come to the understanding that you strive to create two sentence statements where both sentences contradict each other entirely.  I must say, you are truly a master at this much.
Apr 13, 2023 1:01 PM
Feb 2023
FluffyExpress said:
Confused_100 said:

You quite literally just said the same shit that spewed from your mouth prior to me making any argument against you.  This exact reason is why no one will get anywhere with you.  You claim I cannot do things that you cannot do yourself.  Your "counters" don't even apply to what I am saying, yet you claim you have beaten me in a debate.  Then you go on to tell me that I lack the ability to understand what people say while you have committed this blunder yourself.  If you keep restating the same things, you were never even PARTICIPATING in a debate to begin with.

I have come to the understanding that you strive to create two sentence statements where both sentences contradict each other entirely.  I must say, you are truly a master at this much.

Wait didn’t you say you will take your leave? I thought you didn’t care…

Well this will be quicker since you slipped up. You said “debate”, yet you are the one who started with the word “copium” meaning it was never a debate to begin with. It’s just me defending myself here.

Take it as you will. I don’t say “I won this argument”. You want to say that? Be my guest, I won’t reply if you just say that. Whatever makes you feel better. Take care though. Finally a word of advice? Don’t ever think you understood a person through the internet. I may have understood your intentions but I still don’t understand who you are and what you typically do. Take care and hope you have fun
Apr 13, 2023 1:18 PM

Aug 2019
Confused_100 said:
FluffyExpress said:

Well this will be quicker since you slipped up. You said “debate”, yet you are the one who started with the word “copium” meaning it was never a debate to begin with. It’s just me defending myself here.

Take it as you will. I don’t say “I won this argument”. You want to say that? Be my guest, I won’t reply if you just say that. Whatever makes you feel better. Take care though. Finally a word of advice? Don’t ever think you understood a person through the internet. I may have understood your intentions but I still don’t understand who you are and what you typically do. Take care and hope you have fun

So is intentionally provoking people by calling manga readers fake a form of defending yourself? If you truly thought they were wrong, you wouldn't have chosen provocatory language when telling someone they are wrong. I thought this was an elaborate attempt to troll, so I bit thinking I would have a little fun. It would seem that I was correct. Instead of stealing my time, maybe it was the other way around? Now that everyone knows you are a troll, I doubt many will be as interested in this as I was, considering I bit for content.
Apr 13, 2023 1:43 PM
Dec 2021
Saleenseven said:
as a manga reader, i feel like it peaked in ep1. dropped later cuz the mystery takes a back seat
That's what I thought as well, but I just got caught back up to the Manga after a few months and it seems like the series is back in gear for the time the Anime is airing. 
Apr 13, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2023
FluffyExpress said:
Confused_100 said:

So is intentionally provoking people by calling manga readers fake a form of defending yourself? If you truly thought they were wrong, you wouldn't have chosen provocatory language when telling someone they are wrong. I thought this was an elaborate attempt to troll, so I bit thinking I would have a little fun. It would seem that I was correct. Instead of stealing my time, maybe it was the other way around? Now that everyone knows you are a troll, I doubt many will be as interested in this as I was, considering I bit for content.

Telling someone that they are capping and saying why they are wrong isn’t a troll behaviour. For example; I could have said “the story was never good to begin with”, now that’s a troll response. What I said is the story never brings itself up from the peak it achieved at a certain point. You may be surprised by this but alot of ppl actually agree with this.

Now when I said they were wrong is they acted filler was progressive story. That’s a FACT. Story went into a big halt and alot of ppl dropped it. That’s also a FACT. And it’s ironic you would say trolling since you are literally doing that.
Apr 13, 2023 2:34 PM

Aug 2019
kyou_on said:
Caught up on the manga a few weeks back. In a sense, the main story kinda peaked here and the rest is just about aqua and ruby learning about the entertainment industry. A lot of character progression onwards but the revenge arc is nowhere to be seen yet after 90+ chapters. It's will be a slow ride but a very enjoyable one.
This 100 percent
People thinking the rest of the season will have the same vibe of ep1 will be disappointed
Apr 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Reshiram_IX said:
em_doubleyou said:
when the manga was coming out people get weirded out by the prologue.

though by the 3rd arc (Akane focus), the manga was already highly rated by readers.

and now the prologue gets you #1 on MAL...
Notice the correlation? Akane carrie’s the series. Which makes her the undeniable best girl.
the manga honestly peaks in that arc and akane in general is the story's most interesting character (i'd say ai too but she's obviously dead). after that arc, nothing really comes close to it but im biased because i find the content far more interesting than the other aspects of the entertainment industry. i do think anime onlies will get disappointed since the mystery does take a backseat while we watch aqua and ruby navigate in the entertainment industry instead of a straight up revenge plan
Apr 13, 2023 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
Reading these replies made me worried. While I do not mind learning more about the idol industry, what piqued my interest in this series is the murder mystery aspect. You would expect a prologue to well...continue with it and scarcely takes it eyes off for things not that relevant to it. While Monster slowed down after its first few episodes, it was still first and foremost an a mystery. I am guessing by slow down we are going from the shocking violence into a mix between learning about the idol industry and gathering clues as to who the killer was?

Haunt-Me said:
kyou_on said:
This 100 percent
People thinking the rest of the season will have the same vibe of ep1 will be disappointed
Well FUCK. I guess I'll keep watching, but god damn it. I am going to be disappointed.
Apr 13, 2023 6:41 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Personally I feel like episode one covered the strongest section of the story however the whole thing is pretty consistently fantastic and a lot of people feel it only gets better from here.
Apr 13, 2023 7:01 PM
Aug 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
Did anybody feel like the first episode of this show is literally the climax of the entire story?

I’m here to tell you it only gets better from here
Apr 13, 2023 10:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Even if this IS the peak, I wouldn't mind, as long as the rest of the story is even half as good as this first episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 13, 2023 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
Confused_100 said:
bigred101196 said:

As I said it comes down to personal opinion. You just happen to have a different opinion than me. It doesn't make either of us wrong. If you don't like the story then simply don't watch it. Give your opinion to others as a reference but don't act like it's the only opinion people can have.

You talked as if there’s story when there isn’t any after a certain point is the problem. You liking it or not isnot my problem here. Everyone have their preferences, you must have liked it being a rom-com more or you just like it for your own reasons. But for you to say that story keeps going when there is literally fluff/bloat, isnot a way to say your opinion.

I actually don’t know why your post was sent 3 times lol. Try and delete 2 of them if possible

But there is a story.. idk why you're so focused on the romcom aspect when it's barely ever a focus on a whole. Do you even read the manga? there was literally only one arc where romance was the focus and even then it wasn't fluff romcom by any means. Ever since then there have been SIX arcs with no focus on romance. Sure you get the odd scene or two about Aqua's love life but they were so few that it often wasn't even a full chapter.
Apr 13, 2023 11:12 PM
Jan 2019
bigred101196 said:
Confused_100 said:

Wait you think the rom-com branch stories are connected to the corruption of Japan entertainment or the murder? News to me, they literally made the murder plot points get sidelined, while you see teens joking around in a entertainment industry. So on point of what the main plot point is. We all know why Aka reverted back to rom-com all of a sudden and that’s because he didn’t know how to continue this. It lost its own identity. It reminds me of MCU when it became a joke recently

The first volume was the prologue. Ai is not a main character. Her death is not the main plot point. Aqua's revenge is the main plot point. Idk what ch you have read up to but I'm all the way up to the most recent (ch 114) and it is still focused on Aqua's revenge and has just made a major development. Aqua was only using the relationship to get information on the father. Not all of the branch plots are directly related to the main plot but most of them are and again there's nothing wrong with having side stories. There isn't some hard defined set way to write stories. The author writes this story with side stories and that's fine. If you don't like that writing style that's fine. But don't claim it isn't a story.
I totally agree with you, but you might want to spoiler tag that. Also chapter 115 is out!
Apr 13, 2023 11:21 PM
Feb 2021
2.5D stageplay will be that #realanime when it gets adapted
Apr 13, 2023 11:24 PM
Jan 2019
Confused_100 said:
FluffyExpress said:

This was so entertaining to follow. You were totally wrong the entire time, but just kept going with confidence. You are either a great troll, or completely hopeless, but whichever it is, keep doing what you are doing. It makes for grade A entertainment..
Apr 14, 2023 2:27 AM
Feb 2023
Thegib98 said:
Confused_100 said:

This was so entertaining to follow. You were totally wrong the entire time, but just kept going with confidence. You are either a great troll, or completely hopeless, but whichever it is, keep doing what you are doing. It makes for grade A entertainment..

You have been vague about why I was wrong. I gave examples as to why I said to what I said. Not one person who was responding me did. Plus the story literally died after 2 arcs. It’s okay you want to do this since you only agree with ppl who like what you like. But calling ppl trolls for just doing that is really delusional of you though
Apr 14, 2023 2:41 AM
Feb 2023
MoeGod said:
Confused_100 said:

You talked as if there’s story when there isn’t any after a certain point is the problem. You liking it or not isnot my problem here. Everyone have their preferences, you must have liked it being a rom-com more or you just like it for your own reasons. But for you to say that story keeps going when there is literally fluff/bloat, isnot a way to say your opinion.

I actually don’t know why your post was sent 3 times lol. Try and delete 2 of them if possible

But there is a story.. idk why you're so focused on the romcom aspect when it's barely ever a focus on a whole. Do you even read the manga? there was literally only one arc where romance was the focus and even then it wasn't fluff romcom by any means. Ever since then there have been SIX arcs with no focus on romance. Sure you get the odd scene or two about Aqua's love life but they were so few that it often wasn't even a full chapter.

I actually focused on it having no story after some point. Since people are confused when and I tried to be as vague as possible but I will just say it anyways. After 2 arcs specifically, the story starts to move in a snails pace, then hits a rock, tries to pick up but nothing really happens. Nothing of big impact happens, meaning alot of ppl could Ignore alot of chapters and lose so little of Information and may even not lose anything. This means the story becomes nonexistent. You liked it, good for you but it made some ppl drop out of the series. I dropped out but seeing from afar if the events actually picks up but it doesn’t. Even the latest arc is proof of that from what I am hearing; a character literally develops nothing new after one arc and comes back to the point, he/she was. You may disagree with what I say but it is a flaw in the manga. Nothing is perfect and there will be flaws in general. However you look at Kaguya and you wonder, this is literally a of rom-com’s flaw in general. Aka came with this flaw and didn’t grow out of it. We give it a pass because it’s a rom-com. Here we shouldn’t. Anyways I said my peace about it and feel like I have explained myself more here.

A big note: Some ppl may expect me that I disliked the series from beginning but that’s not the case because if I was, I wouldn’t have kept reading it until one point.
Confused_100Apr 14, 2023 2:50 AM
Apr 14, 2023 5:03 AM

Feb 2018
The thing though that i don't see people talk much about, is that episode 1 surpassed the source material in terms of quality & delivery and the manga already is very good on its own. 

The bar was set high by the manga and the anime came in and set the bar even higher for this franchise, another series out there that'd be a good example of this would be something like Demon Slayer, you don't see this happen very often so this series is in a peculiar situation right now. 

Even as a manga reader who knows the story, i'm not sure what to expect moving forward as the anime could take a story that is 7/10 and make it into a 9/10 based on what they've presented to us so far. 

It'd be dangerous to predict the anime getting worse from here on now as it could go both ways. 
Apr 14, 2023 7:38 AM
Jan 2019
Confused_100 said:
Thegib98 said:

You have been vague about why I was wrong. I gave examples as to why I said to what I said. Not one person who was responding me did. Plus the story literally died after 2 arcs. It’s okay you want to do this since you only agree with ppl who like what you like. But calling ppl trolls for just doing that is really delusional of you though

Bro, you are wrong because you’re shitting on people on MAL. I don’t think you’re a troll. I’m guessing you’re fairly young from looking at your posts, so I won’t judge too hard for not being able to have a constructive conversation. What I don’t like is that you attack people for their opinions and act like you’re better than them.

What Fluffy was telling you is that your opinion isn’t wrong. It’s your opinion. You don’t have to like the anime or the manga and nobody is forcing you to do so. Just like how my and Fluffy’s opinions aren’t wrong either because we are entitled to our own opinions.

And you want facts as to why you are wrong about the actual material? The fact that you think there is too much filler is absolutely absurd. Oshi no Ko isn’t going to have every moment be about revenge or the entertainment industry because that’s not what the story is about. They are major parts, but they aren’t the main focus of the manga, and they aren’t the reason people tune in to read it. Oshi no Ko is about a kid who witnessed his mother and favorite idol in his past life get brutally murdered in front of him, laid in her arms as she gave her last breath, and needs a reason to push forward in life.

Aqua is not a bloodthirsty psychopath. He is human. All of the parts that you see as “filler” are there to humanize the characters. Akasaka Sensei made these characters to feel like real human beings trying their hardest in a world where their every move is being watched. Of course they will have crushes. Of course they will fall in love. Of course they’ll hang out and talk. That’s what real people do. What is the point of an anime in a realistic setting where the characters feel like they are in a battle shounen? The characters need to feel real or we won’t feel anything for them when something happens to them. That moment in the 2.5 D play where
elicit genuine emotional responses because of how the reader is able to sympathize with Aqua and the rest of the characters. None of these emotional moments would hit if we didn’t care about them.

Every part of this anime has importance. The idol subplot is important. The acting subplot is important. The romance subplot is important. The
cameo was fanservice, but that’s it. This manga isn’t long enough to have filler. Also, what parts exactly do you count as filler? Is it just

Okay I’ve written enough of a book for now. Just please know that you can give your opinion without being a jerk and others can have a different opinion than you. Have a good one.
Apr 14, 2023 8:24 AM
Feb 2023
Thegib98 said:
Confused_100 said:

Bro, you are wrong because you’re shitting on people on MAL. I don’t think you’re a troll. I’m guessing you’re fairly young from looking at your posts, so I won’t judge too hard for not being able to have a constructive conversation. What I don’t like is that you attack people for their opinions and act like you’re better than them.

What Fluffy was telling you is that your opinion isn’t wrong. It’s your opinion. You don’t have to like the anime or the manga and nobody is forcing you to do so. Just like how my and Fluffy’s opinions aren’t wrong either because we are entitled to our own opinions.

And you want facts as to why you are wrong about the actual material? The fact that you think there is too much filler is absolutely absurd. Oshi no Ko isn’t going to have every moment be about revenge or the entertainment industry because that’s not what the story is about. They are major parts, but they aren’t the main focus of the manga, and they aren’t the reason people tune in to read it. Oshi no Ko is about a kid who witnessed his mother and favorite idol in his past life get brutally murdered in front of him, laid in her arms as she gave her last breath, and needs a reason to push forward in life.

Aqua is not a bloodthirsty psychopath. He is human. All of the parts that you see as “filler” are there to humanize the characters. Akasaka Sensei made these characters to feel like real human beings trying their hardest in a world where their every move is being watched. Of course they will have crushes. Of course they will fall in love. Of course they’ll hang out and talk. That’s what real people do. What is the point of an anime in a realistic setting where the characters feel like they are in a battle shounen? The characters need to feel real or we won’t feel anything for them when something happens to them. That moment in the 2.5 D play where
elicit genuine emotional responses because of how the reader is able to sympathize with Aqua and the rest of the characters. None of these emotional moments would hit if we didn’t care about them.

Every part of this anime has importance. The idol subplot is important. The acting subplot is important. The romance subplot is important. The
cameo was fanservice, but that’s it. This manga isn’t long enough to have filler. Also, what parts exactly do you count as filler? Is it just

Okay I’ve written enough of a book for now. Just please know that you can give your opinion without being a jerk and others can have a different opinion than you. Have a good one.

Well I didn’t expect a respectable comment after your last one. But thank you, i guess.

Now to you, it’s not about entertainment or revenge and it’s about Aqua, or did I misunderstand you? If that’s the case, he did a poor job of it because Aqua as a character is horrible. Akane as a character is maybe only one who got actual good development. Aqua didnot, even it shows when he comes back “Hey I don’t need to do this anymore” to “I have to do this and I am a horrible person”. You can like him but his character “development” right until this point is just telling us what we knew plus some very few additions. Compare his development to Akane for example and you see a big problem. If the mc of the manga doesn’t captivate me enough to care, why should I care about him? He’s literally one of the reasons I stopped continuing reading the series.

We have our opinions on the matter, I won’t say no to that. What I am having a problem with here is that the Story didnot actually move forward at all. You even clarified it the best; the main plot to you: that it’s about Aqua more than entertainment and revenge. That says it all. Unfortunately that’s not the case, the first arcs actually show it differently. It feels like an entertainment/revenge story. He’s getting information. There’s focus in first 4 arcs, there’s a direction, there’s actual alot of events. Now it’s hardly any events at all. He already has the Information and not just him either, so what happened after? He heard news which changed his directions but then returned back to the same point. Doesn’t that feel like “Writer didn’t know what to do, so he wrote a generic portion until he plans something out”. I know I will use this terminology alot but the story events hit a rock. Is it a problem of the writer? It’s hard to say no because he literally came from a rom-com and those have alot of fluff in them. So to describe what this series went is literally that. There’s fluff. It gets boring. For a series as this which had alot of potential, it dropped the ball.

All I can compare it to as I was reading Chainsaw Man with it, may have affected this. Chainsaw Man had a very slow start but at one arc, everything went down and never stopped since. There’s always a big event in every chapter. That’s most criticisms are for that series, it takes a while to take into high gear. Oshi no Ko has the opposite which is a bigger problem. Events may happen and maynot even happen. Chapters may go where nothing of particular happens. You feel it’s stuck. It feels fillery. It feels no progressive story is happening at times.

Imagine what I felt? I saw one mangaka plan it out and then kick it off while the other kicked it off and then got stuck. So to me personally, Aka doesn’t know where to go. It feels “there’s no actual direction” in this. Anyways I don’t want to ramble on way too much because I already replied alot on here and need to take a break. But I actually thank you for being respectful. Just don’t know if I should take “young” as an insult since I am older than you would think. If it was, then I don’t know what to say but good on ya to insult ppl thinking of personal attributes. If not, I have overthought it and apologise. Take care though.

And enjoy the series the way you want it.
Apr 14, 2023 8:25 AM
Sep 2020
Thegib98 said:
Confused_100 said:

Really eloquently put. Agree with all of your points.
Apr 14, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Confused_100 said:
MoeGod said:

I actually focused on it having no story after some point. Since people are confused when and I tried to be as vague as possible but I will just say it anyways. After 2 arcs specifically, the story starts to move in a snails pace, then hits a rock, tries to pick up but nothing really happens. Nothing of big impact happens, meaning alot of ppl could Ignore alot of chapters and lose so little of Information and may even not lose anything. This means the story becomes nonexistent. You liked it, good for you but it made some ppl drop out of the series. I dropped out but seeing from afar if the events actually picks up but it doesn’t. Even the latest arc is proof of that from what I am hearing; a character literally develops nothing new after one arc and comes back to the point, he/she was. You may disagree with what I say but it is a flaw in the manga. Nothing is perfect and there will be flaws in general. However you look at Kaguya and you wonder, this is literally a of rom-com’s flaw in general. Aka came with this flaw and didn’t grow out of it. We give it a pass because it’s a rom-com. Here we shouldn’t. Anyways I said my peace about it and feel like I have explained myself more here.

A big note: Some ppl may expect me that I disliked the series from beginning but that’s not the case because if I was, I wouldn’t have kept reading it until one point.
To me it seems like you weren't really paying attention to the story. It may not always focused on Aqua's revenge but to say nothing happened at all is just baffling. There were a lot of things happening that were important for the character's growth and building the connection necessary to execute said revenge. The latest arc is especially geared towards said revenge even though it may even still be just a prologue of what's coming. If people missed too many chapters they most definitely aren't going to understand the latest arc and how Aqua was able to do what he's doing right now.

I mean sure it's one thing if you don't like the story, perhaps it didn't cater to your attention span but it's misleading to say the story went nowhere and there were no impactful events. This manga is literally built with "holy shit" factor and the last few arcs were just like bombs after bombs being dropped. It sounds like you got impatient, dropped the manga at a weird point, and is now clueless as to the direction that the manga is taking currently. I'm not saying it's a perfect manga or that Aka has no flaws but imo you're just nitpicking at this point and it's only on stuffs that happened a long time ago.
Apr 14, 2023 10:10 AM
Feb 2023
MoeGod said:
Confused_100 said:

To me it seems like you weren't really paying attention to the story. It may not always focused on Aqua's revenge but to say nothing happened at all is just baffling. There were a lot of things happening that were important for the character's growth and building the connection necessary to execute said revenge. The latest arc is especially geared towards said revenge even though it may even still be just a prologue of what's coming. If people missed too many chapters they most definitely aren't going to understand the latest arc and how Aqua was able to do what he's doing right now.

I mean sure it's one thing if you don't like the story, perhaps it didn't cater to your attention span but it's misleading to say the story went nowhere and there were no impactful events. This manga is literally built with "holy shit" factor and the last few arcs were just like bombs after bombs being dropped. It sounds like you got impatient, dropped the manga at a weird point, and is now clueless as to the direction that the manga is taking currently. I'm not saying it's a perfect manga or that Aka has no flaws but imo you're just nitpicking at this point and it's only on stuffs that happened a long time ago.

You mean scandal arc? I literally only read one simple point and understood the whole arc without reading it. That’s how little information you gain by arcs now. You have before this arc, alot of chapters that focus on a character which didnot even develop that much. You may say well the relationships changed, okay that’s what is called information atleast. But after how many issues? While the other character looped into the same character, he/she was from the beginning (you know which one I am talking about) so eventhough there was gain of information, there was a waste of information. So don’t tell me I didn’t “comprehend” when the story could be understood by anybody. It’s not complicated. It’s not Monster or Tokyo Ghoul. And yes the character “development” isn’t actually development for me. The only character which got actual development Akane and I may throw Kana in there for fun. So yes ppl can skip alot of chapters and miss so little of information. And before you say “Well you can say that about any manga”; actually no, Jujutsu Kaisen for example gives information every chapter and alot of it sometimes even so it’s hard to just say information given in a single point for Let’s say an arc.

You said it’s not “holy shit” but has bomb after bomb… Dude it literally has zero bombs if we can compare it to the first 6 volumes alone. This is not even a bomb, not even close. This is like calm before storm but unfortunately for this series, the storm could be after 100 issues. Like I said, I am following it from afar and understand it perfectly. And If I can, then I have no doubt there are others like me. I amnot that special afterall. You could see me as nitpicking but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. Anyways we can agree to disagree and just leave it there since I am really tired of this topic now.
Jun 28, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2021
ChuuritsuTv said:
bucketheadtonio said:

I dont think itll just drop hard how you think its easily going to be highest rated of the season no matter what and probably keep a 9 if not get even higher than its 9.38 which i know sounds absurd.
Nah mate, it's totally falling below 9
i called it just to let u know it a 9 
Jun 28, 2023 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
bucketheadtonio said:
ChuuritsuTv said:
Nah mate, it's totally falling below 9
It's literally been below 9 for most of its runtime and now temporarily shot back because it ended today, wdym man
Jun 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Nov 2021
No, I felt like it was the worst part of the 1st season. So glad the story got better after this.
Jun 28, 2023 6:15 PM
Jul 2021
ChuuritsuTv said:
bucketheadtonio said:
It's literally been below 9 for most of its runtime and now temporarily shot back because it ended today, wdym man
its only went below a 9 for 3 weeks i checked daily
Jul 5, 2023 7:19 PM
Sep 2022
Yes, it's the climax. Actually the first 11 episodes + next arc (season 2) are the best arcs of the manga, after that the manga really lost some quality. It's still good, but if the first episode is a 10 and the remaining episodes are a 9, the manga right now would be a 7.
Jul 6, 2023 1:14 AM

Oct 2013
Seeing how much melodrama was in the first season, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end Aqua pulled out an overly emotional speech to the person responsible for Ai's death. Something similar to what as Ai had done years earlier to that toxic fan who stabbed her. Prolly he will end up with either Kana or Akane (other girls, as of season 1, are out of comission, unless someone wants to discuss the possibility of incest relationship that is not likely to happen, in my opinion), to make the ending joyful and fluffy. ;p

Did the series reach its peak in season 1? Dunno, how could I know when I'm an anime only viewer, lol. But I remember many people, including manga readers, overly romanticizing the first episode, or even suggesting that "the rest won't be that good, the show is about to go downhill from now on". However, I didn't feel like the series started going downhill after its first episode. Its quality remained consistent throughout the whole season, even if the first episode's length was over 1 hour and it had its premiere in the cinema.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

468 by WomanRespector »»
4 hours ago

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

57 by Puntosmx »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

870 by FaethyvveIcye »»
Jun 2, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.