New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2023 12:02 AM

Nov 2021
Attackonfiller said:
NonAtmospheric said:
First thing I thought was that her hairstyle reminded me of Dawn's mother

It's the eyes for me. It's just glowing with Serena xD
Yeah... but it could be the artstyle for eye similarities....
I can't believe Pokemon is making me recall the Punnett square
NonAtmosphericApr 6, 2023 12:06 AM
Apr 6, 2023 7:00 AM

Feb 2018
i recall that i had had a brief infatuation with "Giselle"
back when i was following the early S1 episodes during their initial U.S. broadcasting in the late-1990's;

Admittedly, she IS pretty darned Cute... Superficially, at least. i blame O.L.M. for that one.
Oriental Light and Magic were the very same studio that had promptly went on to produce the likes of "Steel Angel Kurumi" after all,
an Anime which i hold within my top ten, and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone as a Must See.

that said, OLM's own "Yuriko Chiba" has got to be one of the finest Character Artists Japan has ever produced, YMMV.
She handled "Multi" from OLM's 1999 "To Heart" Anime adaption, and i dearly wish that she could have been there
to have handled my Wife Konomi from OLM's 2004 treatment of "To Heart 2" as well;

- "Multi" of To Heart, courtesy of Yuriko Chiba -

- Steel Angel Kurumi, courtesy of Yuriko Chiba -

MasterTasukeApr 6, 2023 7:37 AM
Apr 11, 2023 5:43 PM

Oct 2020
Pokemon was my first anime -- when I was a kid, the DP series was airing so that's my main point of reference but I started watching it again in hs during the XY series 
I thought the XY/XYZ series was surprisingly deep for Pokemon and they spent time fleshing out the characters in ways we hadn't seen before 
Apr 12, 2023 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
Morphun said:
My biggest issues with Pokémon are:
1. As I mentioned before, not being able to catch every Pokémon in the game was a stupid decision IMO. I mean, their slogan was "Gotta catch'em all!". Not coherent at all.

To be fair, that was a slogan made up by the western marketing team as far as I remember.
Apr 12, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
Risa92 said:
Morphun said:
My biggest issues with Pokémon are:
1. As I mentioned before, not being able to catch every Pokémon in the game was a stupid decision IMO. I mean, their slogan was "Gotta catch'em all!". Not coherent at all.

To be fair, that was a slogan made up by the western marketing team as far as I remember.

Even if it is a western slogan, the issue is still there. In the games, you get a reward for completing the Pokedex. Not making all of them available doesn't make sense.
Apr 12, 2023 10:53 AM

Jan 2021
I'm not into Pokemon. But I'll never forget the day when I finally found out that Pikachu was a species not a character. 

I was shocked. Bamboozled. Confused.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 12, 2023 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
What's your opinion on Pokémon?
I love the franchise but I hate GameFreak and The Pokémon Company after what they've let the games become since they went to Switch.

Did you ever play or watch it? 
Been playing since Gen.1 with my favorite generations being 3 to 5. I've imported the games from Japan to be able to play them earlier. I've bought multiple copies in order to role-play multiple characters at once who's adventures would intersect every now and again. I stopped playing after the games left the 3DS because I can't stomach the drop in quality.
Didn't really watch it though. Ash was so annoying and I hate how Pokémon keep crying their names like idiots in the anime. I prefer the cries from the video games or just give them animal/monster noises like in the animated trailer for Black2/White2.

Who's your favorite character and what's your favorite Pokémon? 
Steven Stone, Cynthia and Miror B are my favorite characters.
Oh and the Office Lady trainer class from Gen.5. Not a character but hot damn. ^^

Whats the worst decision they made? 
Not include all Pokémon in the main line games since Switch.
Getting rid of battle mechanics.
Deleting over 100 moves.
Moving from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home.

Was the 4kids version really that bad or was it reasonable? 
It was absolute ass. Glad I wasn't exposed to that shit when I was a child or I would have hated the anime even more than I already did.

Fat or skinny Pikachu? 
Fat

Do you have any fond memories or hot takes you want to share?
I still love Pokémon to the end of the world and back. While I think that the games have turned into digital garbage, I've instead discovered another outlet for my love for Pokémon in the form of figure collecting. That's an arguably way worse hobby for my wallet but at least I'm having fun. XD
Apr 12, 2023 3:12 PM

Sep 2018
This was my jam back in the day.

Apr 18, 2023 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
Oh damn... I forgot to reply in this thread (even though I had plans to leave a post) back when the last episode of Pokemon with Ash and Pikachu was still widely discussed, lmao. Better later than never, I guess.

I will use questions aked by @ateks in the first post of this thread.

What's your opinion on Pokémon?
It's positive, even though it's been ages since I was actively interested in the whole franchise.
Pokémon can be easily classified as a world phenomena, due to its popularity and how many installments it had. Animated series, animated movies, video games on many platforms, trading card game, collectibles and collectables, live-action movie... and many more.

Did you ever play or watch it?
Yes, I both watched it, played the games, and also collected some merchandise back in the day.

Do you think the hype was deserved?
Yeah. It was universal and inclusive enough to find fans literally in the every corner of the world. It was also approachable to be consumed, as a form of entertainment, by both younger audience (its main target, at least at the beginning), and adult fans as well. Many of previously younger fans grew up with time and did not abandon Pokémon, so the whole franchise has naturally received another target audience, with fair share of percentage of money invested in Pokemon merch.

Who's your favorite character and what's your favorite Pokémon?
I dropped the anime shortly after the mayde to Johto, so I can't be familiar with a lot of characters. But my favorite one was Brock. As for Pokémons, my favorite one was Mewtwo.

Which episodes or seasons did you like the most?
First episodes of the very first series. They introduced viewers to the world of Pokemon pretty well, and had that dose of mystery in them.

Whats the worst decision they made?
You mean the creators of the brand? Hmm... hard to tell, to be fair. I'm not familiar with new Pokemon games, but from what I read and heard from people who are up to date with them, the newest games have a lot of technical problems, making the gameplay less entertaining than it should be. That's pretty much it. I can't tell more, because I have neither knowledge nor experience in the newest Pokémon games, same when it comes to checking out the newest Generations whose Pokémons - I believe - were featured in the newest episodes of the anime.

Was the 4kids version really that bad or was it reasonable?
I only know this one version and I don't know anything about other ones, so I can't answet it at all.

Fat or skinny Pikachu?
Neither. I never liked Pikachu. Raichu was better to me. ;-)

Do you have any fond memories or hot takes you want to share?
Perhaps a hot take, dunno, but hear me out: I've been hearing throughout the years from many Pokémon fans about how the newest (at the certain time) Generation was bad, how it didn't even feel like Pokémon, etc. etc. While it's a matter of taste and it can't be helped if somebody is not a fan of certain design choices, I think that in most of cases it might be also a matter of getting used to the new content.
I think it was the case with the generation featured in Black/White games. I often read people complaining about how goofy or off Pokemons looked like in these games, but as the years passed, they apparently not only got used to those designs, but even started liking it. At least that's the trend I noticed. Mind you, I did not make any complex research in this topic. I'm just saying what I was able to notice here and there when listening to Pokémon fans or reading their comments on the Internet.

That being said, it's been a long journey for Ash, eh? 25 years. I hope his curse will be lifted and poor guy will be able to grow up at least, lmao. However, perhaps eternal youth is not that bad? If that's what Ash has, I mean. ;p
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is the coolest anime pet?

SgtBateMan - 11 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

47 by PostMahouShoujo »»
22 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

22 by Shizuna »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - May 29

98 by LoveYourSmile »»
50 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9137 by anime-prime »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.