Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2023 3:21 PM
Nov 2021
I really want to find any other adventure shows as good as MiA that contains some gore and wholesome moments, good soundtracks, a good story and will leave with a need to see and learn more from the world that the characters are in.
Anyone has suggestions?
Feb 3, 2023 3:35 PM

Mar 2018
I would have said girls last tour, but that's already on your list...
Feb 3, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2021
NekoToChiru said:
I really want to find any other adventure shows as good as MiA that contains some gore and wholesome moments, good soundtracks, a good story and will leave with a need to see and learn more from the world that the characters are in.
Anyone has suggestions?

Twelve Kingdoms, Berserk 1997, Hunter x Hunter
Feb 3, 2023 3:38 PM
May 2021
Most people have already seen it and really it’s debatable if it’s AS good, but Danmachi falls in the same genre if you ask me
Feb 3, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2016
nothing will ever come close to it. It is literally the best anime ever made.
Feb 3, 2023 4:36 PM

Jan 2020
NekoToChiru said:
Anyone has suggestions?

Hunter X Hunter is probably the closest thing that I can think of that fits all those criteria.

Mushoku Tensei also fits the criterias quite well and has a relatively rich and interesting world. However, the first part of the season is very self centered and Slice of Life focused.

Eighty Six fits most of the criterias you mentioned but Adventure isn’t really the main focus of the show. Though the world and its characters are developed well enough to make them relatively interesting to follow.
Feb 3, 2023 5:37 PM
Oct 2021
ousama rankings, clayme mayne
Feb 3, 2023 5:38 PM
Oct 2021
ousama rankings and claymore maybe
Feb 3, 2023 6:00 PM
Jul 2022
Malwave said:
nothing will ever come close to it. It is literally the best anime ever made.

Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!!! This man spoke facts. This anime is the GOAT and nothing can come close to it!(except the berserk manga ofc)
Feb 3, 2023 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
I haven’t finished it yet but To your eternity reminds me of made in abyss a bit. It kind of has the same emotional weight but also has heart felt and wholesome moments.
Feb 3, 2023 6:33 PM
Sep 2021
My personal favorite is the rising of the shield hero season 1, 2 was a bit of a letdown and hopefully they make up for it in season 3
Feb 3, 2023 6:40 PM

Mar 2016
Promise neverland maybe? Just don’t go past season 2 and switch to manga if you want the best experience.
Feb 3, 2023 7:02 PM
Oct 2022
NekoToChiru said:
Anyone has suggestions?

Have you seen hunter x hunter or fullmetal alchemist brotherhood?
Feb 3, 2023 7:39 PM
May 2022
The only other anime that made me desperately want to know more about it's world is Attack On Titan. It also checks all your boxes, but you've probably already seen it.

Hunter X Hunter & Mushoko Tensei would also be fitting.

I know those are some vanilla recommendations but honestly it's kind of hard to find something that can compete with Made In Abyss.
Feb 3, 2023 7:46 PM
Jan 2021
Nothing is gonna be as good as Made in Abyss, but some reccomendations that sorta fit this that I would reccomend are:

The Journey of Elaina

The Tower of Druaga

7 Seeds

Edens Zero

Dororo

Elemental Gelade

Keep in mind I tried to reccomend things that aren't super well known and also haven't been reccomended in this thread as well
Feb 3, 2023 8:11 PM
May 2021
I know you specifically asked for other shows like Maid in Abyss, but if you're looking for something with a similar vibe and atmosphere, then I'd suggest a video game called Hollow Knight. Though It's not a one to one comparison, HK does possess several similarities to MiA, such as a truly phenomenal soundtrack, excellent world building, horrifying creature designs (tho some of them are absolutely adorable), and the idea of descending into a mysterious, hostile, and jaw-droppingly stunning environment. Out of all the media I have consumed over the course of my life, Hollow Knight is the only one that has similar art direction and atmosphere to Maid in Abyss. If this post hasn't piqued your interest at all, then I'd strongly recommend checking out a trailer at least. It's an amazing game from start to finish imo, and it's definitely worth checking out.
Feb 4, 2023 12:51 AM
Mar 2022
NekoToChiru said:
Anyone has suggestions?

I usually compare MiA to The Promised Neverland both in terms of quality and tone, although it’s slightly less adventure focused and slight more suspense/cat-and-mouse. Just make sure you don’t watch season 2. You won’t need it and it shouldn’t exist.
Feb 4, 2023 5:32 AM

May 2020
nothing really comes close to made in Abyss
I've been trying to find a show like that even since I watched season 1 of it

Feb 4, 2023 10:33 AM
Jun 2021
Show like Evangelion, I can not tell since I have not watched, show like Devilman Crybaby, de facto Parysyte (or however you spell it).
///
Feb 4, 2023 2:45 PM

Feb 2022
"Arcane", but you've likely seen that. Stylistically very different, but has the things that you listed. In any case, it's another amazing one-of-a-kind series everyone should see.
Feb 4, 2023 3:10 PM
Dec 2017
Hmmm I love Made in Abyss, but I have a better anime for you: Re:zero. It checks most of those boxes. Excellent soundtrack, gore, wonderful worldbuilding, wholesome moments. The only thing that will be missing is the adventure aspect though.
Feb 8, 2023 4:26 PM
Aug 2019
TheJFamilia said:
Hmmm I love Made in Abyss, but I have a better anime for you: Re:zero. It checks most of those boxes. Excellent soundtrack, gore, wonderful worldbuilding, wholesome moments. The only thing that will be missing is the adventure aspect though.

Hahaha Re:zero is objectively not near as good as Made in Abyss
Feb 14, 2023 3:01 PM
Feb 2022
You might really like Ousama Ranking, it’s not quite as violent but still has some similar themes/vibes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

771 by Frexitor »»
Jun 1, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

236 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

194 by RebornVongola1 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.