Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2023 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
So I know they changed producers, also Hotline took over completely instead of having .feel child's playground co-adapt it and everything but man! Is it just me or have they gone from a kinda interesting Isekai with off the wall jokes to now let's forget the story and throw non-stop Japanese variety show skits and random references with goofy music everywhere!

I'm a manga reader as well so S1 while cutting some storyline out they kept every character and all the main elements and just shortened it for time. This season has cut sooooo many characters from the class and cut so many story arcs out already just to make room for random as hell skits and weird anime references. Also many characters seem more goofy or dumb than the manga and S1 like Seiria turning into a gorilla non-stop!

Had to make this to see if anyone had any background info on if they changed writers or anything. Also I went of on mega rant in Ep2 thread so thought I'd see what other people are thinking about this season.
Collins89Jan 21, 2023 10:53 AM
Jan 21, 2023 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
Well, if the show is garbage, turning it into full fledged mindless comedy might salvage it and make it slightly better.

Jan 21, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2021
It was atleast a decent anime until they decided to ruin it using different jokes and parodies. I've also read its manga after season 1 and karen didn't had this personality she was always calm and cool in manga plus wtf is "I smell seiichi" thing and also if I remember correctly class-f had atleast 8 students.

I guess they must have thought people criticize a generic story so lets add worst jokes possible so that people will criticize jokes instead of story.
Jan 21, 2023 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
nagars said:
It was atleast a decent anime until they decided to ruin it using different jokes and parodies. I've also read its manga after season 1 and karen didn't had this personality she was always calm and cool in manga plus wtf is "I smell seiichi" thing and also if I remember correctly class-f had atleast 8 students.

I guess they must have thought people criticize a generic story so lets add worst jokes possible so that people will criticize jokes instead of story.

So, they are going anime original at this point?
Well, it's not like will hurt. At least Artoria is an A tier waifu, so watching this thing just for her is the way to go.

Jan 25, 2023 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
nagars said:

Right! Cutting the class from about 8 to 4 was crazy since they had some fun and interesting characters that they cut.

I at least liked last season cause they kept story pretty much 100% the same just condescend for time. This has just said fuck the source material let just give people more gorilla girl and crap jokes!
Jan 27, 2023 9:00 AM

Dec 2018
This anime is a fever dream, I do not like it yet I cannot stop watching it.
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Jan 27, 2023 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
S1 was good but this crap is terrible. I dont understand this bad attempt at forced humor..its like Disney Marvel movies...yuck!
Jan 27, 2023 3:40 PM
Aug 2017
It's just a horrible ratio of plot-to-parody. Whenever you think there will be some progression, they throw in a gag to forcefully stop it. The characterization of Seiichi and Saria also seem to have deviated a bit from season one. I haven't read the source material so I'm curious: is this series supposedly to be overly parodical or is actually more story-driven? I'm personally not a parody fan but I can appreciate random gags and references to other series for the sake of comic relief etc. The first two episodes were quite the overkill in that aspect...
Jan 27, 2023 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
Vooo said:
S1 was good but this crap is terrible. I dont understand this bad attempt at forced humor..its like Disney Marvel movies...yuck!

So true my guy, just seems like nothing but Jojo and other anime references along with turning Saria into a Gorilla 20 times every episode.

So bad and not even funny.
Jan 27, 2023 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
Bakkupakkun said:
It's just a horrible ratio of plot-to-parody. Whenever you think there will be some progression, they throw in a gag to forcefully stop it. The characterization of Seiichi and Saria also seem to have deviated a bit from season one. I haven't read the source material so I'm curious: is this series supposedly to be overly parodical or is actually more story-driven? I'm personally not a parody fan but I can appreciate random gags and references to other series for the sake of comic relief etc. The first two episodes were quite the overkill in that aspect...

I can only speak for the manga since I read that. I haven't read the light novel or web novel.

But it never did parodies! The manga is actually good on its own and doesn't have to rely on cheap comedy and gimmicks. It never had to steal references from other mangas.

Also the actual story is what kept me reading it not even the comedy. Like right now with the school, in the anime they cut out all these characters from the classroom and a lot of those characters are being used to have Seichii grow and overcome his trauma of bullying to help other students and they didn't speedrun them getting their magic back!
Apr 1, 2023 5:05 PM
Jul 2008
Season 1 was decent and entertaining. When I watched season 2, I thought "Is this the same anime I watched before?".

Is the True Evolution thing an anime original too? Feels too much asspull without explanation.

There are so many awkward pause/transition between scenes in the earlier episodes. Too many out of place parodies. They should learn from Gintama on how to balance serious scenes and comedy.

Season 2 feels like watching Milky Holmes but with lots of parody.
Apr 2, 2023 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
LeonLanford said:
Season 1 was decent and entertaining. When I watched season 2, I thought "Is this the same anime I watched before?".

Is the True Evolution thing an anime original too? Feels too much asspull without explanation.

There are so many awkward pause/transition between scenes in the earlier episodes. Too many out of place parodies. They should learn from Gintama on how to balance serious scenes and comedy.

Season 2 feels like watching Milky Holmes but with lots of parody.

So the manga is still on the arc where he first gets to the school and his class is fighting the other class ect.
So if that True Evolution thing is part of the story it might be in the LN but idk since I don't read that.
But if it is in the LN I can guarantee that it is brought into the story a billion times better than what this anime has done. I mean what in the absolute fuck was that song that brought the dead back!

This season gets a 1/10 for being an absolute whirlpool of garbage that has caused more harm to the planet than all the plastic in the oceans and pollution in the air.
Apr 3, 2023 7:14 PM
Mar 2012
Collins89 said:
Is it just me or have they gone from a kinda interesting Isekai with off the wall jokes to now let's forget the story and throw non-stop Japanese variety show skits and random references with goofy music everywhere!

First season was bad and this season bumped it down to horrible. I will admit two or three jokes actually gave me an audible "heh" from the first season. This season seemed like it literally wasn't directed, the timing was all over the wall, and every episode tried to have three different tones.
Apr 5, 2023 5:10 PM
Mar 2016
not sure about you guys but I don't remember anything from season 1 anymore. I started season 2 while thinking wait what happened in season 1 again?
Apr 6, 2023 5:37 AM
Mar 2016
man. Idk but this season 2 is a little more boring than season 1. less intense fighting. so far I do not see any fighting at all. already at episode 10. no wonder the score drop to 5.40/10.
Apr 14, 2023 7:27 PM

Feb 2014
I am very sad to what happened to this series. I mean, I loved season 1. It was very, very enjoyable. 

But this second season, wtf was that? Probably one of the worst animes (this season 2) I have ever watched. 
Apr 16, 2023 11:57 PM
Jun 2019
Yeah this new season sucked. Season 1 wasn't great but I enjoyed it for what it was a simple turn off your brain isekai. Then this crap happened and it takes everything enjoyable and tosses it out for stupid jokes. Major disappointment.
Apr 28, 2023 1:36 PM

Jul 2015
'Fruit of evolution' really exceeded my expectations, I did not think it could go worse from season 1 but with all the unfunny gags and characters appearing more braindead I found myself really losing some braincells.

Dec 27, 2023 11:13 PM
Jul 2014
So it wasn't just me. Season 1 was good. It was funny while also having a decent plot. Nothing amazing and deep but definitely enjoyable. This season instead sucks so bad. It's just constant gags that are not even funny. The plot has been thrown out of the window. Which is such a shame since season 1 adapted 5 volumes. Season 2 could have adapted the next 5 till vol 10. And maybe if done right they could have made a season 3 which could have adapted the last 5 volumes since this series was already over by 2022 at vol 15. This is never going to happen unless someone does season 2 again like they did with dxd. Though that didn't work either so they stopped with just 1 season. I think they had a plan to reboot it and continue making it. But season 3 destroyed it so bad that season 4 (reboot) couldn't save it. Just like that this has Destroyed shinka no mi for good. I gave season 1 8/10 and yet I dropped this after ep 2.
ChiefGamerDec 27, 2023 11:18 PM
Dec 29, 2023 10:16 PM

Jan 2021
I had already scrubbed this from my mind. But there's only so many Jojo faces you can do in an episode before it gets old. The first time is funny, maybe one or two more throughout the season keeps the joke alive. But having so many in a single episode (to my memory) is detrimental

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 27, 2023

52 by Mystyc_Cheez »»
Jun 10, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Feb 24, 2023

54 by Matiasa »»
Apr 19, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 4 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Feb 3, 2023

46 by Jonathas_Michael »»
Apr 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 10, 2023

29 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Mar 14, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 31, 2023

88 by x0xKalipsox0x »»
Feb 20, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.