Anime rated below 8 is generally better than anime rated 8+

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 27, 2022 11:54 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
STEPAN-BANDERA said:
Roevhaal said:
Why are you trying to flex by your seasonal anime watching numbers? Seasonal viewing is pretty much the default way to watch anime now a days. You doing the same as every other anime fan does not work as proof of you not being mainstream.

Why are you trying so hard to come off as unique?

Roevhaal said:
Seasonal viewing

Roevhaal said:
default way

Roevhaal said:
hard to come off as unique

Show me even 1 sentence/phrase/word in which I would declare that I am unique? I precisely and clearly stated that imo 3, maximum 5, most popular series of the season can be considered mainstream. I hereby point out that the author's initial statement is incorrect.
Also, you don't seem to understand, so I'll explain it to you. Returning to the question of uniqueness - "uniqueness" and "mainstream" are not two exceptional states in which one can be in the business of watching. These are the "ends" of the scale, the two opposite ends. And between them - the "usual" way, about which you mentioned directly.
Yea sorry that's just my assumtion from you being so outragously offended by being called mainstream.
Seasonal viewing is mainstream and while there might only be 3-5 watched by literally everyone the 20-25 most popular or so can be considered mainstream enough.
But sure consider yourself un-mainstream by watching avaragely popular seasonals if you fancy that so much.
Personally I consider you mainstream, almost anything dating more than a few years back is among the most popular stuff from their time period, and for current stuff you just engage in typical seasonal viewing.
Nov 29, 2022 5:46 PM
Oct 2021
nobody over 18 likes hunter x garbage
Candy:
Nov 29, 2022 9:01 PM
Feb 2018
i thought this was talking about age rating instead of review score and i had interpol on standby.

/30charspostlimit
/30charspostlimit
Nov 29, 2022 9:11 PM

Nov 2018
I don't know; the rating itself doesn't play a part in what I consider better or worse in first place.
Nov 29, 2022 9:20 PM

Dec 2021
It just means that I like these shows and doesn't have anything to do with my Tastes.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Nov 29, 2022 11:09 PM
Aug 2018
> Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Checks out

Nov 30, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
Why do you claim you don't watch mainstream stuff when your favs are the most mainstream shonen list ever, and of the 58 shows we share, not a single one is actually obscure? ^___-

Also what's up with the ukronazi account created a month before the invasion? Are we getting trolled by the Kremlin here?
Nov 30, 2022 9:18 AM
Dec 2020
I thought this was common knowledge. Most of the good shit is between 6.3 to 7.9 on here, and the absolute best of the best fall between 7.6 to 7.9 or so.
Nov 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Oct 2019
this is dumb.

some below 8 shows are great, and some above 8 shows are overrated. but saying below 8 ones are better is just dumb.

you probably think this because above 8 ones are more likely to be "overrated"

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 30, 2022 1:00 PM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
I don't really put much stock into MAL averages TBH. That said, I have definitely noticed that a lot of series that I like have a 6-7ish score on MAL (of my favorties, more than half have a score lower than 8), whereas a lot of shows that I absolute hated have a score of 8 or higher (Chainsaw Man, My Dress-Up Darling, most seasons of Monogatari, etc.).
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Dec 16, 2022 11:14 PM

Jul 2021
i don't trust how shit the mal rating system kek
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why?

melodyily - 51 minutes ago

9 by Zowabo »»
15 minutes ago

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

19 by Zowabo »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - Yesterday

36 by Zowabo »»
20 minutes ago

» A very personal question

passtur - 5 hours ago

11 by Azuchi »»
33 minutes ago

» What are the requirements for an anime to get "reanimated"?

Ventus_S - 1 hour ago

3 by Ventus_S »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.