Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Toei needs to take a 5 year break and then release One Piece : The Final Saga

New
Nov 5, 2022 4:26 AM
May 2017
Take a hint from new Bleach, its brought back the old fans and lots of new fans are now getting into it. I know Toei doesn't want to take a break with One Piece, because its their cash cow but then atleast do fillers like Naruto. Atleast that way the actual episodes wouldn't be so bloated.
Nov 5, 2022 4:33 AM
Nov 2013
Shadab98 said:
Take a hint from new Bleach, its brought back the old fans and lots of new fans are now getting into it. I know Toei doesn't want to take a break with One Piece, because its their cash cow but then atleast do fillers like Naruto. Atleast that way the actual episodes wouldn't be so bloated.

Totally agree !
I lost interest in One piece with how painfully slow the pacing is. I don't remember the last time i was excited for an episode
The studio needs to take a break or make some filler arcs
Nov 5, 2022 4:36 AM
Oct 2021
Nope, I don't Think so. One Piece is Long-running anime..
Don't equate One Piece with other anime. One Piece will continue until the final saga is over. a way to increase popularity again is One Piece remake (Old Episode). only that.. #Maybe
RidzaxsterNov 5, 2022 10:00 AM
Nov 5, 2022 4:38 AM
Jun 2021
it should have been seasonal since punk hazard.
Nov 5, 2022 4:40 AM
Sep 2022
I don't think so man
Nov 5, 2022 4:44 AM
Oct 2020
Ridzaxster said:
Nope, I don't Think so. One Piece is Long-running anime..
Don't equate One Piece with other anime. One Piece will continue until the final saga is over. a way to increase popularity again is One Piece remake. only that.. #Maybe

He did compare it with other long running animes you know
Nov 5, 2022 5:16 AM

Apr 2022
a 10 year break was only beneficial for bleach bc bleach is the most unpopular of the big 3. one piece doesn't need a 5 year break just to get new fans, the fanbase is already massive.
plus luffys VA is getting old so yeah nah the last thing i want is to go half a decade without a canon episode.
only thing you said that i can agree with is fillers, which i'm not really keen on anyway.
Nov 5, 2022 5:23 AM
Dec 2021
ryzxgum said:
a 10 year break was only beneficial for bleach bc bleach is the most unpopular of the big 3. one piece doesn't need a 5 year break just to get new fans, the fanbase is already massive.
plus luffys VA is getting old so yeah nah the last thing i want is to go half a decade without a canon episode.
only thing you said that i can agree with is fillers, which i'm not really keen on anyway.

bleach is a fucking great anime
Nov 5, 2022 5:23 AM

Sep 2020
No. One piece does not need to sell its soul to Disney to become popular. If you watch the recent episodes instead of being an idiotic bandwagoner then you would see why it is not in the same predicament as Bleach was. Also, it is the same fans like you that complain about filler and then say stupid shit like this. Why would you want more fillers? This post is just all shades of dumb ngl. Imagine a scenario where One piece, one of the biggest anime in the world is not as accessible as it is now. That's the scenario you want. That is the situation with Bleach right now.

EDIT. Stop wishing for a better anime since that won't come until the first one is finished. Don't allow other people's negativity to influence you; enjoy it for what it is, switch to manga, or do both.
samsince04Nov 5, 2022 5:35 AM

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Nov 5, 2022 5:26 AM

Apr 2022
Hasish_Sahu said:
ryzxgum said:

i didn't say it's bad? there's a difference between bad and unpopular.
Nov 5, 2022 5:42 AM

Sep 2011
100% doubt this will ever happen or even come across their minds
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2022 6:00 AM

Nov 2012
I switched to reading One Piece back in the The Dressrosa Arc. The anime had to many issues with pacing and worse than mediocre animation quality. But resently I saw some clips from episode 1015. The animation looked like movie quality or at least as good as what we have seen from Demon Slayer and some other shows with sakuga animation.

I was wondering If it's worth changing back to watching One Piece anime or is the episode 1015 just an outlier. Maybe it's just a season finale that got way more effort put into it, and the rest of the show still suffers from bad animation.

Or maybe I'll just continue reading the manga and figure out what episodes have outstanding animation. Then I can just watch those episodes afterwards.
Nov 5, 2022 6:09 AM
Oct 2022
Shadab98 said:

Disagree. The only reason it worked for bleach was because it was the least popular of the big three and would actually benefit from a long break with better animation. One piece has had constant growth and by taking a 5 year break would only lose interest / fans and budget.
Nov 5, 2022 6:16 AM

Apr 2022
Bluefi said:
I switched to reading One Piece back in the The Dressrosa Arc. The anime had to many issues with pacing and worse than mediocre animation quality. But resently I saw some clips from episode 1015. The animation looked like movie quality or at least as good as what we have seen from Demon Slayer and some other shows with sakuga animation.

I was wondering If it's worth changing back to watching One Piece anime or is the episode 1015 just an outlier. Maybe it's just a season finale that got way more effort put into it, and the rest of the show still suffers from bad animation.

Or maybe I'll just continue reading the manga and figure out what episodes have outstanding animation. Then I can just watch those episodes afterwards.

season finale huh? whole cake island had great animation and wano has had amazing animation thus far. punk hazard and dressrosa had meh animation i agree but everything before that had good animation for it's time, especially from water 7 to marineford. idk what you're on about.
pacing complaint is valid tho.
Nov 5, 2022 6:19 AM

Aug 2017
>a lot of new Bleach fans are now getting into it.

Not sure if they're going to watch hundreds of episodes from the old Bleach to watch the new ones especially considering CSM is airing in the same season.

And no, PreCure is the franchise that keeps Toei alive, not One Piece.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 5, 2022 6:52 AM
Oct 2021
So is the manga way better? I’m seriously dragging through Punk Hazzard anime it’s so boring but I fw One Piece
Nov 5, 2022 8:44 AM
Jun 2021
Maybe release a 20 episode filler arc sometime after wano
I think that’s enough to make the pacing better
Nov 5, 2022 9:01 AM
Oct 2021
There's a simple explanation for this. Japanese TV stations contract out time slots. If they went seasonal there is no guarantee that they would get their original time slot, which could mean they could lose a lot of viewers. In Japan TV shows for manga are actually just glorified advertisements and they don't actually make money from the show itself, so they would rather have a set time slot and dedicated viewers that are more likely to buy product.
Nov 5, 2022 9:55 AM

Sep 2020
Disagree. One piece is good as it is now. And you don't know shit about the production of one piece. Its not Toei's decision to take breaks. One piece is not a casual mid anime like bleach, naruto, black midder or boruto.

THE ONE THAT DECIDES WHEN ONE PIECE AIRS, WHETHER IT WILL BE WEEKLY OR SEASONAL IS SHUIESHA. just know the facts.

And meanwhile, bleach's animation was good for the first two episodes the last two episodes barely moved. it's nothing crazy like chainsaw man or jjk.
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Nov 5, 2022 10:24 AM

Aug 2019
I love how people mention this every other week as if Toei would actually read this or make any improvements lol. What do you want the rest of us to say that hasn't been said a million times already? They're not going to take an extended break; they only took a few weeks off for Covid reasons 2 years ago and this year after they got hacked because they had no other choice, but they're not going to willingly let the series go on a long break just to appease a few people on MAL.
Nov 5, 2022 11:14 AM
Sep 2021
5 seems a bit long maybe 2 or 3
Nov 5, 2022 1:16 PM

Apr 2020
Nurguburu said:
Not sure if they're going to watch hundreds of episodes from the old Bleach to watch the new ones especially considering CSM is airing in the same season.

They absolutely have been doing exactly that.
Nov 5, 2022 1:27 PM

Dec 2020
green_tea515 said:
So is the manga way better? I’m seriously dragging through Punk Hazzard anime it’s so boring but I fw One Piece

it's miles better

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 5, 2022 4:43 PM
Feb 2017
ryzxgum said:
Hasish_Sahu said:

yeah but I'm guessing you have no idea once One Piece has finished the voice actors
for Luffy is retiring she said so in an interview so a break no matter how long it is would not be beneficial especiallyafter that break she probably wouldn't want to come back
Nov 5, 2022 4:46 PM

Apr 2022
Xero_Tsukiyomi5 said:
ryzxgum said:

yeah but I'm guessing you have no idea once One Piece has finished the voice actors
for Luffy is retiring she said so in an interview so a break no matter how long it is would not be beneficial especiallyafter that break she probably wouldn't want to come back

me? i think you meant to reply to the person who made this thread and not me right?
Nov 5, 2022 4:47 PM
Feb 2017
ryzxgum said:
Xero_Tsukiyomi5 said:

me? i think you meant to reply to the person who made this thread and not me right?

everyone really but yes mostly the poster
Nov 5, 2022 6:08 PM
Aug 2020
For a show that relies so heavily on its plot twists and mysteries, waiting so long that everyone gets spoiled or just reads the manga would kill the anime when it returns
Nov 5, 2022 6:12 PM

Feb 2020
Yeah, think of one piece trying to fit final arc in just 52 episode...it would turn into one piece Neverland 2.0. bleach just got lucky it doesn't have too much Content in final arc (but hey, it's not like they are not cutting)
AdampkNov 5, 2022 6:18 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 478 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 4, 2010

110 by bakakisima »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

38 by Gloryas »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 476 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Nov 20, 2010

81 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 475 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Nov 13, 2010

79 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 474 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Nov 6, 2010

107 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.