Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2022 11:45 AM

Apr 2018
Hibike Euphonium is notorious for the gay tension b/w the main duo just like this show. But LycoReco took it a step further and introduce a gay couple without tying the knot b/w Chisato and Takina. They already went the gay route with side characters, but they don't do it for the main duo... Which makes it more frustrating to watch. Why can yaoi ship sail but not yuri? There needs to be an equilibrium!

EDIT: No wonder this show just oozes Hibike energy. Chisato is Reina!
DragevardSep 24, 2022 3:49 PM
Sep 24, 2022 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Dragevard said:
Hibike Euphonium is notorious for the gay tension b/w the main duo just like this show. But LycoReco took it a step further and introduce a gay couple without tying the knot b/w Chisato and Takina. They already went the gay route with side characters, but they don't do it for the main duo... Which makes it more frustrating to watch. Why can yaoi ship sail but not yuri? There needs to be an equilibrium!

in the light novel/manga I'm pretty sure they end up being in a relationship
Sep 24, 2022 12:17 PM
May 2022
Dragevard said:

If they end up gay great but i like them being friends rather than lovers.
Sep 24, 2022 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe because those two might not be actually gay? Shocking, I know.
Two girls can be friends and anyone who sees two girls and immediately wants them to scissor eachother may have some problem, because reducing potential gay relationships to a mere shallow fetish is kinda homophobic.

Sep 24, 2022 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
Sol007 said:
Dragevard said:

If they end up gay great but i like them being friends rather than lovers.
when it comes to storytelling it's not about what the audience likes but rather about 1. what the story needs and 2. what the writers want/like
Sep 24, 2022 1:08 PM

May 2020
may be they are leaving that for us fans to make those juicy douginshis... right?😉😉
Sep 24, 2022 1:37 PM

Feb 2018
Yuri-tards are coping real hard
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Sep 24, 2022 1:56 PM
Apr 2022
prateeplus said:
may be they are leaving that for us fans to make those juicy douginshis... right?😉😉

I feel like Takina is hungry for something more than rice...🙏
Sep 24, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
Hibike what? Hibike actively butchered kumiko x reina pair by making kumiko x shuuichi relationship canon and reina was even clear that she had feelings for taki from the start. There is no such a thing in lycoreco. Sure there are things that overlap but a lot of things are different and even though they may have similar fandom in west, their fandom in japan is different. The thing that's most common here is that chisato and takina are just as much of an iconic female duo that kumiko and reina were.
Sep 24, 2022 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
cythraul said:
Hibike what? Hibike actively butchered kumiko x reina pair by making kumiko x shuuichi relationship canon and reina was even clear that she had feelings for taki from the start. There is no such a thing in lycoreco. Sure there are things that overlap but a lot of things are different and even though they may have similar fandom in west, their fandom in japan is different. The thing that's most common here is that chisato and takina are just as much of an iconic female duo that kumiko and reina were.

Kumiko and Reina were never originally a couple and had male love interests, which makes the shippers' whining about it even more funny. There is no such thing in LR, so I expect the discussion of this show to be filled with speculation, whining and passive aggression in an attempt to justify this ship in the near future.
Sep 24, 2022 2:16 PM
May 2021
I'm negl blud. What the fuck are you even on about? This is such a weird post. How is it relevant whether the main duo get into a relationship or not? Who said either of them are even gay to begin with? It's literally just a headcanon as it stands
Sep 24, 2022 2:17 PM
May 2021
Otaku_Campers_ said:
Dragevard said:

Not true. There are some heavy yuri bait scenes but they're not in a relationship in the LN
Sep 24, 2022 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Talking crap, comme d'habitude

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
SkyhighCFC said:
Otaku_Campers_ said:

Not true. There are some heavy yuri bait scenes but they're not in a relationship in the LN

For them, any scene of friendship between characters = a romantic relationship. But what do you mean by "heavy yuri bait" scenes? It's a spin-off LN that gives the usual fan service to get people to buy it.
Sep 24, 2022 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
SkyhighCFC said:
Otaku_Campers_ said:

Well either way the dynamic between them is amazing and cute no matter if they are friends or in a relationship I'm still happy
Sep 24, 2022 2:26 PM
May 2021
RobertBobert said:
SkyhighCFC said:

For them, any scene of friendship between characters = a romantic relationship. But what do you mean by "heavy yuri bait" scenes? It's a spin-off LN that gives the usual fan service to get people to buy it.

Was referring to that scene where they're in the same bed mostly. But yea it's literally just fanservice. People will interpret it as either "yuri coding" or "yuri bait" though.
Sep 24, 2022 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
SkyhighCFC said:
RobertBobert said:

Was referring to that scene where they're in the same bed mostly. But yea it's literally just fanservice. People will interpret it as either "yuri coding" or "yuri bait" though.

Seriously? Sleeping in the same bed is considered an important intimate moment between friends in Japanese media because it shows that you trust each other so much that you can sleep side by side without sexual or violent pressure. And of course, fanservice. It is not any coding or bait. You can find it in fanservice shows, as well as completely childish or youthful straight shows for female audiences.
Sep 24, 2022 2:42 PM
May 2021
RobertBobert said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Seriously? Sleeping in the same bed is considered an important intimate moment between friends in Japanese media because it shows that you trust each other so much that you can sleep side by side without sexual or violent pressure. And of course, fanservice. It is not any coding or bait. You can find it in fanservice shows, as well as completely childish or youthful straight shows for female audiences.

I actually didn't know that sleeping in the same bed had that connotation in Japanese culture so thanks for the heads up. But yea, I actually agree with you.
Sep 24, 2022 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
SkyhighCFC said:
RobertBobert said:

I actually didn't know that sleeping in the same bed had that connotation in Japanese culture so thanks for the heads up. But yea, I actually agree with you.

Well, obviously a lot depends on the context and the show itself, but if you watch the real yuri or bl, then usually the characters always comment that because of their feelings, such a thing began to be perceived differently. For example, in Bloom into you, Sayaka directly has several internal monologues about taking a bath and sleeping together. In HameFura, one of the girls even directly trolls the male character with jokes about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

450 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Sep 8, 2:17 AM

» Your favourite character and scenes.

Hickykissy - Aug 24

24 by thelastavocado »»
Aug 26, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

289 by six20 »»
Aug 19, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

305 by Satireslovers »»
Aug 15, 9:06 AM

» New Short Movie mini-series confirmed

Yuri_Niji - Jul 23

11 by MarshallLeeee »»
Jul 25, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.