Forum Settings
Forums

Does the amount of social media you have or is there overwhelms you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2022 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
I read Twitter, Reddit and Tumblr when I'm bored. I don't use social media for communication.
Sep 10, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2018
Crow_Black said:
todiefor said:
the only websites i use nowadays are youtube, tumblr, MAL, and reddit. otherwise, i spend all my time "online" listening to music on spotify, doing my neopets dailies, or reading manga. so nah, it doesn't really bother me. i barely talk to anyone on a regular basis online anymore so it doesn't really stress me out or make me feel like i'm missing out.

I never used that site, but that has to be the rare times here i see anyone mention neopets or places like fantage. 2000s internet was such a different time back then.

yeah neopets is a whole different place now, especially since flash died. i'm holding tight to the vestiges of my childhood but everything has changed ๐Ÿ˜”
Sep 10, 2022 6:09 PM
Dec 2017
todiefor said:
Crow_Black said:

I never used that site, but that has to be the rare times here i see anyone mention neopets or places like fantage. 2000s internet was such a different time back then.

yeah neopets is a whole different place now, especially since flash died. i'm holding tight to the vestiges of my childhood but everything has changed ๐Ÿ˜”

f in chat for flash, we will never gt another period like the 2000s.

Sep 16, 2022 5:40 PM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts?

Sep 17, 2022 9:25 AM
Dec 2017

Sep 17, 2022 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
No, I've always kept the amount of social media I use to a bare minimum for the sake of my own sanity.
Sep 17, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2017
-Leiman- said:
No, I've always kept the amount of social media I use to a bare minimum for the sake of my own sanity.

Yeah stick with discord and with close friends honestly.

Sep 18, 2022 10:08 PM
Dec 2017

Sep 18, 2022 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
Crow_Black said:
-Leiman- said:

I just use Discord as a more secure way of PMing people, beside that, it's only MAL and well I guess you could say 4chan if we're talking all social media.
The good thing about anonymous online image boards is that there's really no social pressure to "show up" and spend a specific amount of time with people.
Maybe that's just me being an introvert though.

I'm an artist and graphic designer, so eventually I'll have to delve a bit more into the normie space of... *shudders* ...Instagram.
Sep 18, 2022 10:36 PM
Dec 2017
-Leiman- said:
Crow_Black said:

I just use Discord as a more secure way of PMing people, beside that, it's only MAL and well I guess you could say 4chan if we're talking all social media.
The good thing about anonymous online image boards is that there's really no social pressure to "show up" and spend a specific amount of time with people.
Maybe that's just me being an introvert though.

I'm an artist and graphic designer, so eventually I'll have to delve a bit more into the normie space of... *shudders* ...Instagram.

All art sites turn to shit sooner or later, Deviantart is a fetish den as one example and instagram is a cancerous shitshow like twatter and tiktok. So my advice go with artstation and pixiv as at least the dominos hasn't collapsed on them yet or hell even start your own website to show case your own works.

Sep 19, 2022 5:06 AM

Dec 2016
I spend around 2 daily hours on instagran cuz the fcking reels are just a fcking drug. And i fcking hate it, is basically wasting time.

On the other hand, there was a time where i spent around 4 hours a day on twitter cuz i used to roleplay there. Tbf it's a lot of time but didn't feel like i was wasting it but instead doin' smth i enjoyed.
Sep 19, 2022 7:49 AM

Oct 2020
I don't really use social media for a lot of the reasons already posted in this thread. However the main reason is that I really don't care or can't relate to most of the things that people talk about on it. It seems like most people just use them to scream about political stuff or to talk about whatever the big name show/movie that just came out that I'm not going to bother to watch.
Another thing about social media is there's way too many people on most of them. Most of anything you're going to say will be lost in the millions of other posts that went out at the same time yours did making it hard to have a actual conversation vs a slower moving forum which at least gives you the ability to have people see what you said.
Sep 20, 2022 9:21 AM
Dec 2017
Ranger722 said:
I don't really use social media for a lot of the reasons already posted in this thread. However the main reason is that I really don't care or can't relate to most of the things that people talk about on it. It seems like most people just use them to scream about political stuff or to talk about whatever the big name show/movie that just came out that I'm not going to bother to watch.
Another thing about social media is there's way too many people on most of them. Most of anything you're going to say will be lost in the millions of other posts that went out at the same time yours did making it hard to have a actual conversation vs a slower moving forum which at least gives you the ability to have people see what you said.

Yeah i completetly avoid politics at all times since its all total cringe and also yeah, lot of those accounts are actually bots shilling shit honestly. And yeah lately i've been just yeeting my self from discord servers i was never active on deleting whatever post history i may have had their and just sticking to close friend servers because of how exhausting they can be.

Sep 20, 2022 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
I stay away from the majority of social media sites for the sake of what little sanity I have left. I have enough random dramatic bullshit in my life without adding bullshit internet drama on top of it.
Sep 21, 2022 6:28 PM
Dec 2017
FanofAction said:
I stay away from the majority of social media sites for the sake of what little sanity I have left. I have enough random dramatic bullshit in my life without adding bullshit internet drama on top of it.

Noww thats the smart way to go about things.

Sep 22, 2022 7:30 AM

Jan 2021
Only social media I use are MAL and youtube.

So ye it overwhelms me when I think about how many social media are there, that's why I don't really think about it that much
Sep 22, 2022 7:54 AM

Dec 2012
I use Facebook (just for the messenger), Youtube, and lurk on Twitter sometimes

Used to use Instagram but felt pointless so I removed it

And I guess I post stuff on MAL
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 22, 2022 10:20 AM
Dec 2017
Cammell123 said:

So ye it overwhelms me when I think about how many social media are there, that's why I don't really think about it that much

Yep, honeslty you're better off with discord if you wanna keep in touch with close friends.

Sep 22, 2022 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
Crow_Black said:
Cammell123 said:

Yep, honeslty you're better off with discord if you wanna keep in touch with close friends.
I use whatsapp and discord for keeping in touch with close friends, my life changed for the better when I started doing that
Sep 23, 2022 1:10 AM

Mar 2021
Not really. I may mindlessly scroll Twitter and IG a lot of the time, but rarely do I get invested in whatever bullshit is going on.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Sep 23, 2022 2:11 PM
Feb 2022
Yes, I always have to encounter Tiktokers at my school and sometimes I wish Tiktok was Banned! Seriously though I swear i’m the only person who finds Tiktok cringy and weird lol.. Also there’s those twitter users who get mad at you for doing anything. Tiktok and Twitter are definitely overwhelming because of the stupid and crazy people on those platforms!
Sep 23, 2022 2:18 PM

Jul 2016
I have no one to talk to on whatsapp or telegram, so no overwhelming.
Sep 23, 2022 2:32 PM

Sep 2017
I don't use anything except whatsapp and telegram, which don't count
RuneRem said:
I have no one to talk to on whatsapp or telegram, so no overwhelming.

I'm pretty sure those aren't social media. Just chat apps
ุฎ
Sep 23, 2022 2:40 PM
Dec 2017
Ubume said:
Yes, I always have to encounter Tiktokers at my school and sometimes I wish Tiktok was Banned! Seriously though I swear i’m the only person who finds Tiktok cringy and weird lol.. Also there’s those twitter users who get mad at you for doing anything. Tiktok and Twitter are definitely overwhelming because of the stupid and crazy people on those platforms!

Tik-Tok is total cancer at all seriosuly and don't worry lot of people as well hate that site and irl is not tik-tok thankfully along with twatter.

Sep 23, 2022 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
No not really also if you think Mal's not a circle jerk fest I have a bridge to sell you.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 23, 2022 4:54 PM

Jul 2016
GrimAtrament said:
No not really also if you think Mal's not a circle jerk fest I have a bridge to sell you.

Changing your username.... That's confusing.
Sep 23, 2022 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
RuneRem said:
GrimAtrament said:

Changing your username.... That's confusing.

nope not really literally is on my profile.
I've also had to changed most my names to this after a bot hacked one of my accounts and started going through to other website accounts which still had my old Hazarddex name.
GrimAtramentSep 23, 2022 5:12 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

36 by LoveLikeBlood »»
2 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - Jun 9

35 by -DxP- »»
19 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

857 by zzz »»
2 hours ago

» Has anyone here tried learning an artificial language?

Malkshake - Yesterday

8 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

91 by hell_angelicx »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.