Forum Settings
Forums
New
Have you ever avoided an anime?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 29, 2022 2:57 AM
Feb 2022
I avoid long anime such as one piece. and also harem (not for me)
May 29, 2022 3:24 AM
Jul 2021
Attack on titan, mostly because i usually dont like dystopian stuff and probably the art style? Not saying it's bad, it just not my cup of tea

Also long animes, i just don't have enough time for it. Which is a shame because there some of them that i'm interested in
May 29, 2022 3:33 AM
Sep 2020
Food wars. No hate or anything. I just never had the motivation to sit and watch it.
May 29, 2022 5:10 AM

May 2012
Galaxy Express - I love its source material. But every time I tried watching the adaption, I always quit after a handful episodes. Didn't really age well, and I do tolerate a lot of things.

+ plenty of anime adaptions I already know the source of. Would be just a waste of time.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 29, 2022 5:27 AM
Jul 2017
After seeing the utter shit and nonsense that Neon Genesis Evangelion was, I've tended to avoid any more mindfuck anime
May 29, 2022 5:37 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly by now I avoid anything that gets hyped by the new generation of fans. I just didn't really care about a hyped show since DitF (which got demolished by pissed off teens who were expecting to get blue-balled by trash japanese romcom instead of getting The Talk).

ChouunShiryuu said:
Male demographic titles written by female mangakas where there is a possibility of love polygons. I despise drama.
All girls anime cause I can't relate, or at least that's my belief. Maybe it's like shrinking away from sports/some sport before putting in the effort to watch it and get addicted lol
Titles where drama is explicitly mentioned as genre. Just nope, not touching these if my eyes see that.

My man casually side-lined Rumiko Takahashi, the inventor of harem shonens and second most influential shonen writer behind Toriyama.
May 29, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2022
Deathko said:
Honestly by now I avoid anything that gets hyped by the new generation of fans. I just didn't really care about a hyped show since DitF (which got demolished by pissed off teens who were expecting to get blue-balled by trash japanese romcom instead of getting The Talk).

ChouunShiryuu said:
Male demographic titles written by female mangakas where there is a possibility of love polygons. I despise drama.
All girls anime cause I can't relate, or at least that's my belief. Maybe it's like shrinking away from sports/some sport before putting in the effort to watch it and get addicted lol
Titles where drama is explicitly mentioned as genre. Just nope, not touching these if my eyes see that.

My man casually side-lined Rumiko Takahashi, the inventor of harem shonens and second most influential shonen writer behind Toriyama.

haha sorry but I really find love polygons mentally disturbing, as much as a beloved character dying.
May 29, 2022 6:44 AM

Jul 2015
crescensXG said:
Galaxy Express - I love its source material. But every time I tried watching the adaption, I always quit after a handful episodes. Didn't really age well, and I do tolerate a lot of things.

+ plenty of anime adaptions I already know the source of. Would be just a waste of time.

I heard good things about it, but "113 eps" just isn't very attractive. I guess I avoid most long-running shows.

Should I try to read the manga? I read Captain Harlock, can't say it made me want to check more Leiji Matsumoto.
Jun 10, 2022 11:49 PM

Dec 2019
Some modern anime that have low score.
Jun 11, 2022 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
I unconsciously tend to avoid the anime that are hyped to death in their respective season, I prefer to let the season play out and watch the show when everyone is done talking about it.

Nothing personal, I'm just still traumatized from when One Punch Man came out and at many points, no shit, there were so many threads about it that it filled entire consecutive pages.
Jun 11, 2022 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
rohan121 said:
I often avoid series I deem edgy with lots of violence like Tokyo Ghoul.

I was like you for a long time, then I decided I gotta check it out since it's so popular and unravel is a good song and all.

I should've continued being true to myself as it was very much not worth it.

So yeah, I'm avoiding those edgy dark stuff and also anime with rape.

Goblin Slayer or Redo and whatever are all out
Jun 11, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
Anything that tries to be sexual. Not because I find it dehumanizing or whatever, but just because it doesn't interest me at all and is frankly wasting time that could be used on developing plot and characters, or at least comedic moments.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Do you unironically think that hentai can be art? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Mar 11

56 by APolygons2 »»
10 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

31 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - 47 minutes ago

3 by zombie_pegasus »»
30 minutes ago

» How do you feel about unreasonable deductions in anime?

Anjuro - Yesterday

14 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
60 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 3 hours ago

11 by FanofAction »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.