14.7%
Bhuddist
2.0%
Atheist
32.4%
Other
27.5%
102 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2022 5:33 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I am a practicing Protestant Christian. While I believe that my faith is more about a relationship than an identity, I am nonetheless quite religious.
May 13, 2022 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
I worship boobies.

But yeah, seriously...100% atheist. Not even a hint of belief in some outside force. Was dragged the church as a kid, realised the bible made as much sense as the cartoons I would watch, and stopped going immidiately when I was old enough to make that choice. That on top of the whole blatant hypocrisy of preaching love and understanding while simultaneously telling me all nonbelievers and sinners were damned to hell.
May 13, 2022 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
FanofAction said:
I worship boobies.

But yeah, seriously...100% atheist. Not even a hint of belief in some outside force. Was dragged the church as a kid, realised the bible made as much sense as the cartoons I would watch, and stopped going immidiately when I was old enough to make that choice. That on top of the whole blatant hypocrisy of preaching love and understanding while simultaneously telling me all nonbelievers and sinners were damned to hell.

I'm similar to you in experience, but I can't call myself an atheist since, in my understanding, an atheist "knows" there is no "god".

I prefer to go with agnostic. I don't think we can ever really "know" or definitively prove the existence or non-existence of "god".
May 13, 2022 5:52 PM

Sep 2020
I'm an atheist, I think I just realized that God didn't exist when I grew up and when my parents keep brainwashing me when I was a kid that there's a God lol
May 13, 2022 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
_Lycka_ said:
FanofAction said:
I worship boobies.

I'm similar to you in experience, but I can't call myself an atheist since, in my understanding, an atheist "knows" there is no "god".

I prefer to go with agnostic. I don't think we can ever really "know" or definitively prove the existence or non-existence of "god".

To me, "atheist" means not believing in a god at all, not even the possibility of one. Not that you necessarily know 100% for sure. Maybe that's splitting hairs though. I just think that atheist suits me better, because I lack the belief entirely.
May 13, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2009
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
deg said:
im part of the spiritual but not religious movement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_but_not_religious

Yes, I really like that sentiment and just call myself catholic sometimes, because it's shorter and easier to understand for people, who don't know what you are talking about and I grew up like that.
Not in a strict catholic household, just a "yeah we believe in something and churches are historically interesting and aesthetic buildings"-household haha

You don't have to follow a lot of shitty rules that are made up by humans centuries ago to believe in a soul or anything like that.

yep i can believe in spiritual stuff too but i do not want to follow dogma or rules by an organized religion
May 13, 2022 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
FanofAction said:
_Lycka_ said:

To me, "atheist" means not believing in a god at all, not even the possibility of one. Not that you necessarily know 100% for sure. Maybe that's splitting hairs though. I just think that atheist suits me better, because I lack the belief entirely.

I guess this is on topic so I'll keep it here but; personally I belive the universe is "god". Not a "god" that cares about what we do or anything but "god" in the sense that it "created" "everything" (created environments that created life that created humans that created all we know, and there are probably other branches of life that we haven't discovered or, even if we have, haven't been able to understand)
So, in that context, do you agree with my line of thinking or no? I don't really care either way I'm just curious on another preventive.
May 13, 2022 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
_Lycka_ said:
FanofAction said:

I guess this is on topic so I'll keep it here but; personally I belive the universe is "god". Not a "god" that cares about what we do or anything but "god" in the sense that it "created" "everything" (created environments that created life that created humans that created all we know, and there are probably other branches of life that we haven't discovered or, even if we have, haven't been able to understand)
So, in that context, do you agree with my line of thinking or no? I don't really care either way I'm just curious on another preventive.

That makes way more sense than anything I was told in church. I can totally get behind the idea that universe itself is basically "god".
May 15, 2022 9:25 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a controversial topic.

Casual Discussion Rules 7:
Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - Yesterday

27 by ST63LTH »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

38 by DesuMaiden »»
16 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - 9 hours ago

12 by DesuMaiden »»
38 minutes ago

» Cleaning your room hurts the economy

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

16 by Longnines »»
43 minutes ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

456 by DesuMaiden »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.