Forum Settings
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2022 5:42 AM

Jan 2017
wtf bruh Komari's father is the true antagonist for everything that's happened, why is the Empress just brushing it aside like it's a trifle matter. Millecent's backstory is sympathetic and a great contrast to Komari's but Armand's actions is just painfully stupid that it really dampens the mood of the whole backstory chapter

First half is very "Overlord-esque" with the idol fans-like army gushing over everything she says. Second half got surprisingly DARK AF, the wars went from feeling like the Olympics to pure real war. Vill nailed to the cross and Komari ripping Millicent's head off really seals the deal

Overall really enjoyed this story of mostly comedy and a bit of action mixed in. Where do I sign up for the Komari fan club?
Apr 22, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2022
I wouldn't say that Armand was the true antagonist in the situation, even though the story seems to frame it that way from the perspective of the main cast. He may be a "crooked politician" who framed Millicent for the massacre and her family for treason which resulted in them being exiled, but that incident wouldn't have occurred if Millicent wasn't bullying Komari and Vill. The Empress was also complicit in the cover up for Komari and the exile of the Bluenight family. The Empress agreed to the monetary deal she made with Armand to force Komari into the contract to become a Crimson Lord, which enraged Yohann and led to him cooperating with Millicent to murder Komari. I think Armand and the Empress would just do anything for Komari's sake since they were both in love with her mother. He hypnotized Komari to prevent her from consuming blood to prevent her from rampaging, covered up her massacre, and offered the Empress "tens of millions" to make Komari a Crimson Lord so she could become the next Empress like she claimed she wanted.

I do agree that Millicent has a sympathetic backstory and I'm curious if Komari will actually speak with her, or if her character won't be used again in the other volumes. I'd say that Lord Bluenight is the "true antagonist for everything that's happened," since he is the one who hired Battle Master Amatsu to beat his daughter with a cursed weapon that prevents her injuries from healing using the Dark Core so that she would awaken to Core Implosion and constantly verbally abused her. It was his jealousy towards Armand that truly started everything. Millicent being responsible for the massacre and the Bluenight's treason isn't even far from the truth. Millicent tried to cut off Komari's pinky and Komari fought back, seemingly ingested Millicent's blood and rampaged due to Core Implosion. I suppose Lord Bluenight and even the Empress may not be aware that Amatsu is affiliated with Inverse Moon, but Millicent Bluenight was being indoctrinated into Inverse Moon's anti Dark Core ideology and was being egged on to kill Villhaze and Komari. I think it is likely that Amatsu would have eventually brought her into Inverse Moon even without them having been exiled.

I'm wondering if the other volumes will involve Inverse Moon at all and if we'll see any more Core Implosion from Komari, or if it will be mostly comedy regarding the warring nations. I really enjoyed this story as well. It's the first light novel I have read and my paperback copy arrived today. I really like riichu's art and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
Apr 23, 2022 10:40 AM

Jan 2017
noangst said:
I'd say that Lord Bluenight is the "true antagonist for everything that's happened," since he is the one who hired Battle Master Amatsu to beat his daughter with a cursed weapon that prevents her injuries from healing using the Dark Core so that she would awaken to Core Implosion and constantly verbally abused her.

It started with Armand acting all high and mighty towards him that made him jealous though. What a snotty noble and ended up doing classic nobility backstab stuff lmao

More topics from this board

» Anime Announced for 2023

ARK-13 - Jan 5, 2023

4 by some1uused2know »»
Jan 1, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Volume 5 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Sep 30, 2023

0 by FragmantLemon »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Volume 4 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Apr 24, 2023

1 by PanasKaew »»
Jul 18, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Volume 3 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Dec 27, 2022

1 by minjych »»
Feb 22, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Volume 2 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Sep 23, 2022

1 by noangst »»
Sep 24, 2022 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.