Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2022 10:09 AM

Aug 2017
The last time i saw the score on MAL for Black Clover (at that time not that many episodes were out) was something like 6.X if i remember correctly but now i stumbled across this anime and i see a 8.1 score rated by 477k users.

Did the anime really get that much better or what is the reason for such a jump? I remember i even tried out watching it when it started airing but after less than 10 episodes i dropped it. Is it worth trying to watch it again?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 21, 2022 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
I just finished it and now I want to read the manga. I'm not sure what made you stop watching it, but it was pretty awesome by the end.
Feb 21, 2022 10:15 AM
Oct 2019
It's bbnnnnnnnnnn
Feb 21, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2019
It's just your classic shounen story, which I have no issues with
Feb 21, 2022 10:19 AM
Jan 2021
It gets really engaging further in. Characters are introduced/developed which are really enticing, the plot builds and builds and while it’s fairly simple it’s executed amazingly, the animation gets better, it all just becomes and incredible product as the show builds. It’s definitely worth sitting through all the eps
Feb 21, 2022 10:22 AM
Sep 2021
ElqBell said:
The last time i saw the score on MAL for Black Clover (at that time not that many episodes were out) was something like 6.X if i remember correctly but now i stumbled across this anime and i see a 8.1 score rated by 477k users.

Did the anime really get that much better or what is the reason for such a jump? I remember i even tried out watching it when it started airing but after less than 10 episodes i dropped it. Is it worth trying to watch it again?

Black clover isn't perfect and I wouldn't consider it one of the best Shounen to watch but one thing I can say about it is that it gets better after every major arc if you love Shounen anime it's a must watch.
Feb 21, 2022 10:23 AM
Nov 2020
I Personally Felt The First 30 Episodes Were Just Straight Up Ass And The Animation Sucked.Then Comes The Vickeblanka Opening And The Story Becomes Better Along With The Animation.Whole Of S2 And S3 Were Pretty Good And S4 Was Amazing.Definitely Watch It If You Can Bear With The First Few Episodes!
Feb 21, 2022 10:35 AM
Feb 2022
Yes obviously the anime get better and better during the time and I absolutely love the animation on the battles
Feb 21, 2022 10:37 AM
Sep 2021
ElqBell said:

It gets better especially with the current arc but if you're not a shounen fan you probably wouldn't enjoy it very much. Black clover is basically as generic as it gets in shounens but it has its moments and if you stick long enough you'll be rewarded.
Feb 21, 2022 10:40 AM
Feb 2021
DevinePower468 said:
ElqBell said:

Black clover isn't perfect and I wouldn't consider it one of the best Shounen to watch but one thing I can say about it is that it gets better after every major arc if you love Shounen anime it's a must watch.

completely disagree lmfao the spade arc is genuinely worse compared to the elf reincarnation arc which is already a 7
Feb 21, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2021
it gets the grip along the final arc,but still pretty repetitive and monotonous
Feb 21, 2022 10:49 AM
Feb 2021
Its really good at the sea bed temple arc and gets insanely good at the elf reincarnation arc
Feb 21, 2022 10:54 AM
Nov 2021
ElqBell said:

Well it's very good like after every battle everything is so boring but after that it's get very interesting and again boring and at the end from like ep 140 to 156 is very very boring but after that get really interesting like normal but for some reason they just cut the battle and you can see it in the manga and that sucks but it's still a good one.
Feb 21, 2022 10:55 AM
Aug 2021
Yes, it gets better as it goes on.
Feb 21, 2022 11:10 AM
Feb 2021
NR7KING said:
I Personally Felt The First 30 Episodes Were Just Straight Up Ass And The Animation Sucked.Then Comes The Vickeblanka Opening And The Story Becomes Better Along With The Animation.Whole Of S2 And S3 Were Pretty Good And S4 Was Amazing.Definitely Watch It If You Can Bear With The First Few Episodes!

I totally agree with this post, first episodes were meh with Asta who couldn’t stop shouting every minute, but there was a huge step-up near ep. 30 and after this every arc got better and better
Feb 21, 2022 11:25 AM
Sep 2021
Emxyaa said:
DevinePower468 said:

completely disagree lmfao the spade arc is genuinely worse compared to the elf reincarnation arc which is already a 7
The elf arc dragged on at the time I was watching
Feb 21, 2022 12:20 PM
Nov 2020
Yes, the first 20 EP it takes some getting used to, after that it gets better and better as the story progreses. The action scènes are amazing and every fights get better towards the end
Feb 21, 2022 12:40 PM
Feb 2022
It Gets really good right at the end. I can’t wait for the next season or movie which ever one they do.
Feb 21, 2022 12:41 PM
Apr 2021
It started off slow for me, I started to like it around the dungeon arc or whatever it was. Around ep 20. But yeah the show just progressively gets better
Feb 21, 2022 12:41 PM
Apr 2021
It started off slow for me, I started to like it around the dungeon arc or whatever it was. Around ep 20. But yeah the show just progressively gets better
Feb 21, 2022 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
I never watched the anime but I have read all the till now manga released chapters, and yes it does get better with time

There is just something nostalgic about the beginning though
Feb 21, 2022 12:56 PM
Feb 2022
i think absolutely it does
Feb 21, 2022 1:27 PM
Jan 2021
It gets better, but it isn’t all that great. Watch it if you don’t have anything better to do.
Feb 21, 2022 1:50 PM
Mar 2021
It legit goes from a 6 to a 9
Feb 21, 2022 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
It's not for everyone. I personally started to really like it as I got further into the show. The attack on the Eye of the Midnight Sun was a major turning point in the story for me.
Feb 21, 2022 3:01 PM
Nov 2021
i loved it, it was nothing like super special about it but the characters were all lovable and the story was interesting
Feb 21, 2022 3:34 PM
Sep 2020
I admit that even though Im BC fan through and through, it tends to get boring from time to time. Especially at the start. But imo the slow burn is why it gets so freaking good because you really get to know the characters and get emotionally invested in them. So when things get serious you are on edge yourself.
Feb 21, 2022 5:41 PM
Sep 2021
yes gets so much better. it's in my top 10 animes. the battles are incredible and the hype unreal. the way they build the hype and story is masterful. just get through the slow first 20 eps where astas voice is annoying and you're good from there, his voice stops being irritating as well. đź‘Ť
Feb 21, 2022 5:58 PM
Feb 2017
Calgorman427 said:
It Gets really good right at the end. I can’t wait for the next season or movie which ever one they do.

making a movie anime is on hold they caught up with the manga I'd say we'll hear something about the anime next year maybe I do agree Asta was annoying at first but I does get alot better
Feb 21, 2022 6:19 PM
Feb 2022
I'd say yes. At first it's a pretty typical shounen, the further you get into it the more it's able to become it's own show of that makes sense. It definitely still follows many shounen themes but I personally enjoyed it a ton, more then Naruto when I watched through it. There's a lot of material and if you're not interested in long shounen type animes then it's probably not worth returning to, if you are into that kinda thing then I'd recommend giving it another shot.
Feb 21, 2022 6:33 PM
Sep 2021
Yes It does but I wouldent skip Part of it is the journey they take
Feb 21, 2022 6:39 PM
Jan 2022
Each arc is better than the next it's consistent in a sense where the quality always goes up.
Feb 21, 2022 7:02 PM
Apr 2021
Well developed characters and plot makes this series success
Feb 21, 2022 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
It does get clearly better but it’s not just this constant trajectory upward it kinda goes back down again for stretches to the shitty boring corny stuff that I don’t care for but the highs are pretty good and by the time it goes back to being lame you’re already into deep and waiting for the good parts again and I think they pay off decently enough. It’s still gonna be a little bit of a grind unless you just like the goody boring stuff they do.
Feb 21, 2022 9:27 PM
Jul 2021
I thought throughout my first watch last Summer 2021 that the show continued to improve as it went along. I felt every 10-20 episodes there was a jump in quality of the characters and story telling. I felt the story really picked up around episode 60-70, and then was consistently getting better and better through to it’s final episode. Now, I know 60-70 episodes is a lot, and I definitely wish the show was better, but I still gave it an 8.

I will admit, I watched the show with some preconceived notions, both positive and negative. I had heard that Asta yells a lot and people could not stand it, that the plot was filled with typical tropes and that the animation was hit or miss. But I had also heard that the show improved with time, and the clichés it started with grew into something more.

After having watched it, I agreed more with the positive take. The show did seem very by the book, and it’s animation is inconsistent (it’s like a bell curve lol for some reason the animation quality seems to get worse towards the end) but the story, characters, world building and lore were intriguing enough to keep me watching and eager to see where the story would go. Still, I thought it took a while to get to that point, and had I stopped prior to episode 50 I would give it maybe a 7. By episode 100 or so the show is very enjoyable and the characters have had enough growth and the plot progressed enough to make the action and story developments worthwhile enough to be a 8-10 depending on the particular “sub arc”.

I left my score at 8 because 60-70 episodes to hit that high was a little annoying since the series is under 200 episodes at the moment. I can’t wait for new episodes to come out, and I completely understand the hype around it! It successfully takes a generic fantasy magic powers story setting, and develops it enough to make the world and it’s characters feel fresh and unique, even while having some cliches stick around. It could be better, and while I don’t want to ruin the story I do wish it had progressed more than it did. However, how the story has progressed I think is going great, and I have my own hopes for where the story can go and how it can flow better.
Feb 21, 2022 10:58 PM
Mar 2020
gotta get to when the diamond nation does the thing ITS WILD the animation. and then the time skip too. I'd say it's far more work later on some of the more hype fights in anime imo
Feb 22, 2022 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
It gets better after 30 ep
And it gets great After 95 episode ~
Feb 22, 2022 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
As someone who had it scored 6/10 for like 70% of its run, yes it does get better. But thats only for the last two arcs (not counting fillers cause all of that is shit and you'd do best to skip them). Its still a generic shounen its just the quality gets improved and so does the fights.
Feb 22, 2022 10:59 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful/civil discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 43 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Jekkii1 »»
Today, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

58 by -PhiL- »»
Jun 3, 11:55 AM

» Blue Rose character

DarkEmperor69 - May 30

13 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Jun 3, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Black Clover (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

245 by BredDoge »»
Jun 2, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

345 by Retrospects »»
May 28, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.