TheWeebReport said:

iT jUsT sUdDeNlY hAd EcChI fOr No ReAsOn WhEn It ShOuLdNt Be EcChI

It's good if it's ecchi

i 100% agree

edit: fixed it lmao
Feb 15, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2017
coping mechanism.........

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2016
GeekNewz said:
Spaghet05 said:

I think if the backstories weren't showed into our faces with dialogue, and just played out without narration that'd be really cool. Unfortunate that they don't seem to have confidence in the audience that they can pick up the events going on the screen.
my issue is also the fact that they give the backstory only after killing a character and not before do at least i, don't give a damn about the characters (usually demons)

the demons have no memory of their human days
so of course you get no backstory until they’re dying and their life flashes before their eyes

It’s that way so you pity them because they were all humans that lead tragic lives before being tempted by Muzan
Feb 15, 2022 10:03 AM
Mar 2021
TheWeebReport said:
GeekNewz said:
my issue is also the fact that they give the backstory only after killing a character and not before do at least i, don't give a damn about the characters (usually demons)

so of course you get no backstory until they’re dying and their life flashes before their eyes

It’s that way so you pity them because they were all humans that lead tragic lives before being tempted by Muzan
i don't think they even need backstorys, if you can't give a character a backstory when it matters then you shouldn't give the character a backstory because it destroys pacing and it's annoying
Feb 15, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2016
GeekNewz said:
TheWeebReport said:

i don't think they even need backstorys, if you can't give a character a backstory when it matters then you shouldn't give the character a backstory because it destroys pacing and it's annoying

idk how you think it destroys the pacing
it gives the demons a human side and shows how they fell to madness and murder. Akaza’s being the saddest one imo.

Each one is emotional and gives you a sense of pity for them. Aside from 3 of them, that is. The rest are all tragic stories and makes you actually wonder if you can even consider them villains. Obviously they’re all going to Hell and will never be forgiven for their sins, but who is to blame for that other than Muzan? He tempted them at their most vulnerable time and used that to create minions that he doesn’t actually care about and sentence these poor souls to eternal damnation.

A perfect example of this would be Tamayo. He offered her a chance to save her own life. What he didn’t tell her is that she’d end up eating her family as a result of the crazed hunger she felt immediately post-transformation.
Feb 15, 2022 10:27 AM
Mar 2021
TheWeebReport said:
GeekNewz said:

it gives the demons a human side and shows how they fell to madness and murder. Akaza’s being the saddest one imo.

Each one is emotional and gives you a sense of pity for them. Aside from 3 of them, that is. The rest are all tragic stories and makes you actually wonder if you can even consider them villains. Obviously they’re all going to Hell and will never be forgiven for their sins, but who is to blame for that other than Muzan? He tempted them at their most vulnerable time and used that to create minions that he doesn’t actually care about and sentence these poor souls to eternal damnation.

A perfect example of this would be Tamayo. He offered her a chance to save her own life. What he didn’t tell her is that she’d end up eating her family as a result of the crazed hunger she felt immediately post-transformation.
but it doesn't matter because they are dead. i don't care about their human side because they are dead, it's irelevent if they are humans or monsters because they stop being relevent
Feb 15, 2022 10:30 AM

Jul 2016
GeekNewz said:
TheWeebReport said:

but it doesn't matter because they are dead. i don't care about their human side because they are dead, it's irelevent if they are humans or monsters because they stop being relevent

That’s not even slightly how that works.
Feb 15, 2022 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Yes, weird like that exist. People who has genuine dislike or sincere criticisms for it exist as well. It's foolish to think that the case is just the former.
Feb 15, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 2020
Yep, absolutely true. Now, some folks will try to pull the "criticism" card. The thing is, just about every criticism you could give DS should have been done in the first season. It's a show that's basically stuck to the formula it had in the first season. Its strengths remain strong and its weak points remain weak.
So coming back after movie and a new season to repeat the same old tune in the guise of"criticism" is just pathetic. Any normal human either accepts the show for what it is or drop it if they can't stand it.
So, yes, hating on DS is a cool thing to do cos it has become aniculture to hate on any popular show.
Feb 15, 2022 2:47 PM

Apr 2019
I like this series, but mega Kna fans must also understand that people have different opinions. Writing that this anime is average giving your reasons for example: childish humor, flat characters, a lot of illogicality, etc. It's not hate, it's an opinion. It is enough for someone to write something like this and there is already a rally of crazy fans who call these people to be haters. And their only line is "Have you seen other anime?" Now hating Kna is fashionable etc '' As if everyone had to praise this series to the heavens.
Sorry but it works both ways. There are many unnecessary unfavorable comments, but just as many defenders' comments are based on the same attack.
Feb 16, 2022 1:41 PM
Jun 2020
I don’t think it’s hate necessarily. People can have valid criticism for the show just as much as fans can have reasons to like the show. It’s like this for every series anime or not. It’s just that when DS is so popular it’s gonna have a larger number of people praising it/not praising it. DS fans just pivot to saying it’s hated on bc it’s popular cause it’s the easiest way to defend it. Personally think it’s a good 7/10 manga that gets bumped up to a 8/10 anime cause of the stellar adaptation. It’s got pros and cons but isn’t really that special compared to most shonen out there. I feel like most people would agree with that assessment that aren’t super fans of the series or super haters
Feb 16, 2022 5:03 PM

Jun 2017
oh yes it's completely true
Feb 16, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
yea unfortunately
Feb 17, 2022 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
treejoh said:
I don’t think it’s hate necessarily. People can have valid criticism for the show just as much as fans can have reasons to like the show. It’s like this for every series anime or not. It’s just that when DS is so popular it’s gonna have a larger number of people praising it/not praising it. DS fans just pivot to saying it’s hated on bc it’s popular cause it’s the easiest way to defend it. Personally think it’s a good 7/10 manga that gets bumped up to a 8/10 anime cause of the stellar adaptation. It’s got pros and cons but isn’t really that special compared to most shonen out there. I feel like most people would agree with that assessment that aren’t super fans of the series or super haters

You put it perfectly
Feb 17, 2022 9:15 PM
Jul 2021
GeekNewz said:
TheWeebReport said:

that backstories are showing their regrets for choosing the demon form
Now it's their mistake for being tempted by muzan so i don't understand why they have regrets for making their own decisions

Regretting your decisions is bullshit crap because you yourself chose them no matter what were circumstances
It's better if ds tried to show what they did wrong in their decision making, that won't depict them as regretting, but as the moment where they became Demon just for some petty selfish reasons which influenced their decisions,this might be a very good and mature theme and might give backstory a meaning
Rather than regretting, evaluating but being satisfied is the best way , that gives watcher a better insight about the character as whole

But imo regretting your decisions and dying is bullshit crap
I never support that

Rather than tragic backstories, backstory being a backstory like past experience and memories is a better way to improve the whole concept

I find other new gens wayyy better in this concept
Ginpachi_1234Feb 17, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 18, 2022 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
Hating a anime for no reason is stupid. Every anime is good in his own way
Feb 18, 2022 3:35 AM
Jul 2013
No, there are legitimate reasons to hate this series. I would've thought the writing is complete ass even if it wouldn't have been popular, because the writing is indeed bad.
Feb 18, 2022 8:32 PM

Dec 2021
this might be an absolute shock but there are many valid criticisms to the show
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Feb 18, 2022 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
I personally think so. The criticisms for Demon Slayer are the same ones you hear for any other popular shounen anime. I don't have a problem with people not liking shounen. But what I don't understand is why these people continue to watch them if they feel like they don't offer anything new. If they feel like the hype and attention for them is unwarranted, then they can simply find something else that's worth their time. It just seems like they intentionally set themselves up for disappointment just to have something to rant about. And because these shows are so popular, it gives them a platform for projecting their tastes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

264 by snuskorvar »»
Jun 3, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.