Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2022 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
that, was an amazing fight, + new villain?
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Jan 28, 2023 11:57 PM
Oct 2019
one of my biggest dislikes with a lot of donghua is how they feel "choppy" when you watch it. it doesn't always "flow" smoothly from one scene to the next, and especially not always one episode to the next. the "transitions" can be poor

for instance, this show has already had 4 time jumps in 4 episodes (the 2-year skip in the misty villa, the ~1 year fastforward with his teacher, the 3 years after that, and however many years he was just away before returning prior to his coming of age ceremony). except, this show makes them all work. they all feel pretty natural. they aren't "forced" or rushed. they aren't "choppy"

on top of that, this kid's backstory is great. they are really doing a good job of developing his character.

as for this episode, his future wife's(?) arm was cut off. he killed 2 bandits who were stronger than him with his assassination skills. i have no idea what happened with the second guy's attack, where the sword bent all out of shape and knicked the mc's throat/neck though. i couldn't understand what happened. after the bandit attack, he learned that killing bad people saves good people from being injured by them. the bird has grown into some giant thing. and mc seems primed to start taking on more responsibility within the kingdom, more fighting strong opponents. and a new enemy was introduced (i wonder if he played a role in the mother's death?)

still 7/10, but close to 8/10 territory

More topics from this board

Poll: » Xingchen Bian Episode 5 Discussion

becool - Feb 10, 2022

1 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Xingchen Bian Episode 2 Discussion

becool - Feb 10, 2022

2 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Xingchen Bian Episode 1 Discussion

becool - Feb 10, 2022

3 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Xingchen Bian Episode 12 Discussion

becool - Feb 11, 2022

1 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Xingchen Bian Episode 11 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Jan 30, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.