Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 10, 2021 12:44 AM
Oct 2021
I am currently watching Monogatari Second Season. Finished Onimomonogatari a few hours ago but it is not a continuity of the Otorimonogatari. I searched online and some sites suggest watching Hanamonogatari after Otorimonogatari. I am a bit confused right now. Should I continue to follow the release order of second season or is there any other ways to do so? Somebody give me an insight. Thank you in advance.
Nov 10, 2021 12:51 AM

Feb 2021
If you go with LN Order Second Season its like this:
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari
(Monogatari Second Season Eps 1-11 > Hanamonogatari > Monogatari Second Season Eps 12-26)

Its not obligatory, so you can watch with release order Anime. But i really suggest you to watch with LN order.
Nov 10, 2021 1:30 AM
Oct 2021
LyNChE17 said:
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari
(Monogatari Second Season Eps 1-11 > Hanamonogatari > Monogatari Second Season Eps 12-26)

Its not obligatory, so you can watch with release order Anime. But i really suggest you to watch with LN order.

I have no idea why they skipped an entire arc at such a heated moment. Thanks a lot for the suggestion bro.
Nov 10, 2021 1:34 AM

Feb 2021
mai_na_baka said:
LyNChE17 said:
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari

I have no idea why they skipped an entire arc at such a heated moment. Thanks a lot for the suggestion bro.

Its because the maximal episode for tv show with 2 cour is 26. so they made Hanamonogatari into different series.

Yea, No Problem.
Nov 10, 2021 1:42 AM
Feb 2019
Tbf, timeline wise hana shouldn’t be in second season at all if you’re looking for a direct sequal to otori it is oni chronological wise, for the sequal of events to otori koi is the one that follows up on that end then you can move into final season after watching hana, honestly it’s up to preference if you watch it LN or anime release order wise but if you wanted to do the ladder you’re already past where you should’ve watched hana so I recommend you just keep going (wow that was long, sorry)
Nov 10, 2021 2:10 AM
Oct 2021
Perfectrockstar said:
Tbf, timeline wise hana shouldn’t be in second season at all if you’re looking for a direct sequal to otori it is oni chronological wise, for the sequal of events to otori koi is the one that follows up on that end then you can move into final season after watching hana, honestly it’s up to preference if you watch it LN or anime release order wise but if you wanted to do the ladder you’re already past where you should’ve watched hana so I recommend you just keep going (wow that was long, sorry)

It looks like chronological order is the wise choice for watching 2nd season. I don't mind random timelines but this one is bothering me. I watched Kizu after Bake and that was perfectly fine for me. I really wanted to know sengoku arc's ending. Anyway I am gonna continue the chronological order for now. Thanks for the help.
Nov 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Mar 2021
I watched Hana last since it's last chronologically
Nov 11, 2021 9:01 PM
Jan 2021
According to its timeline Hanamonogatari happens at the end of the whole monogatari series . But can watch it after monogatari s2 it really doesn't matter that much.
Apr 17, 2022 5:09 AM
Nov 2014
-prithivi- said:
I am currently watching Monogatari Second Season. Finished Onimomonogatari a few hours ago but it is not a continuity of the Otorimonogatari. I searched online and some sites suggest watching Hanamonogatari after Otorimonogatari. I am a bit confused right now. Should I continue to follow the release order of second season or is there any other ways to do so? Somebody give me an insight. Thank you in advance.

Super late to the thread, but I just finished watching Hanamonogatari yesterday and am continuing this from episode 12. I have to say that while I understand the LN order is different, I don't get the reason to watch Hana in the middle other than to protect the LN order. That's nothing against Hana btw, I really liked it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.