Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 7, 2021 5:13 PM

Feb 2021
I agree with a lot of what you say, especially with its visuals (probably) being its greatest asset. I think the story and cast performance beats it, but even people who don't tend to like Arcane enjoy the animation and visuals to a crazy extent. They very clearly struck gold with Fortiche and showed, easily, that animated shows do not have to be an eye sore or a crunch between story and quality.

And to think...they built ALL of it off of 10 years of voice lines, loading art and VERY small original fiction for some of the characters. People can say the story is simple all they want, but it's how its really and intersects with so many other characters and how beautifully they manage to tell it that makes it intricate and incredible. If it were a simple, boring or meh show, it wouldn't have become a crash hit immediately. And I think a lot of people don't realize that.

Florent3571 said:
There are pieces of fiction that I love deeply and that fill me with joy everytime I think about them, Haikyuu, Breaking Bad, Mass Effect, etc...

Then there are stories that completly steal my soul, my heart and my brain, and that don't let them go for at the very least a week after I've finished them, and that week is actual hell. You just can't think about anything else, you're a complete mess, there's this insane pressure in your guts that you desperatly want to evacuate because it actually HURTS. So you want to talk about it to your friends, or anyone who would listen because you have to let it out, you listen to the ost to make you cry because you HAVE TO LET IT OUT.

This happened to me with Wakfu, Undertale, My Hero Academia, and now Arcane.

Yes. That's exactly how I feel, too! Only I have the tendency to never really let go of the things I really, really enjoy (the last thing I got attached to came out in the 90s so lol). It's like brain rot. It just won't go away. Thankfully there's not much that actually managed to get me that attached, but Arcane pulled a rug out from under me and I wasn't expecting it at all. Unfortunately for me, none of my friends care for animated media (in any fashion), so they don't appreciate my spammage on the matter. lol I'm stuck in my own with my excitement for the show. And it sucks. xD

It's probably silly to a lot of people to see that someone can get so attached and excited over something, but hey, it happens. And it's both a great feeling and strangely exhausting.
Dec 7, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2021
I finished watching it yesterday and I liked it.

<°))))彡<°))))彡<°))))彡

Dec 8, 2021 3:46 AM

Aug 2017
RobertBobert said:
Why does it seem to me that 95% of the people who are crazy about it are either hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls.

I played League a lot, i have 0 plans to watch this since I decided to bury most of my League stuff in the past. It doesn't help I don't like League anymore since it brings me bad memories due how toxic the game and the player base are and I absolutely despise western animation now.

This thing is just the popular stuff of the moment, probably its going stay relevant for a while unlike that forgettable trash known as Invincible from months ago.
NurguburuDec 8, 2021 3:57 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2021 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
Nurguburu said:
RobertBobert said:
Why does it seem to me that 95% of the people who are crazy about it are either hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls.

I played League a lot, i have 0 plans to watch this since I decided to bury most of my League stuff in the past. It doesn't help I don't like League anymore since it brings me bad memories due how toxic the game and some players were and I absolutely despise western animation now.

This thing is just the popular stuff of the moment, probably its going stay relevant for a while unlike that forgettable trash known as Invincible from months ago.

That is why at the moment I am hiding any news about Arcane in my feed. I like to watch loud content in silence, when no one else will shout in my ear about it. Especially when you are already too experienced to participate in it yourself.
RobertBobertDec 8, 2021 3:56 AM
Dec 8, 2021 4:34 AM

Nov 2021
I don't know, just the fact that it's about league, sounds kind of cringe.
Take it from someone who was actually a league player and a good one.

Dec 10, 2021 11:18 PM
Jan 2013
Florent3571 said:
There are pieces of fiction that I love deeply and that fill me with joy everytime I think about them, Haikyuu, Breaking Bad, Mass Effect, etc...

Very well said! Your entire post sums up my reaction perfectly, especially this bit:

Florent3571 said:
Every moment feels earned and when characters fail to achieve their goal, you know that they still did everything they could.

Every character felt very human, and most people can relate to at least one of them in some way. They made the choices they thought were correct, even the "villain," and everything still goes wrong.

To quote Captain Picard: "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

Nothing about the show felt cheap or forced for the sake of dramatization/plot, it was just a beautifully executed tragedy.

Rhyagell said:
It's like brain rot. It just won't go away.

Arcane has given me brain rot like no other show, to the point where it's unhealthy. Still trying to cope!

Feircei said:
I don't know, just the fact that it's about league, sounds kind of cringe.

As someone who is very critical of Riot and went in with very, very low expectations, you're going to be incredibly surprised. It's as far from cringe as you can get. You don't need to know anything about LoL to enjoy it, some might even argue it's better to go in blind. Watch the first 3 episodes and you'll realize it's nothing like you could've expected.
Dec 11, 2021 4:16 PM

Feb 2021
People who skip it because of the game or they think it is cringe are missing out. Their mamas ain't ever told him not to judge a book by its cover, I guess. :(

Nubl33t said:

Rhyagell said:
It's like brain rot. It just won't go away.

Arcane has given me brain rot like no other show, to the point where it's unhealthy. Still trying to cope!

Same! It's definitely not healthy for me. -sigh-

I can't even admit how many times I've re-watched it. lol though to be fair, I mostly do because the writers said there's tons of things they hid away etc and I'd just like to catch them all. xD
Dec 12, 2021 12:24 AM
Jan 2013
Rhyagell said:
I can't even admit how many times I've re-watched it. lol though to be fair, I mostly do because the writers said there's tons of things they hid away etc and I'd just like to catch them all. xD

I'm doing a rewatch with my siblings, but other than that I haven't rewatched it just by myself yet. Too painful! Just thinking about some of the scenes rips me apart.
Dec 12, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 2021
Nubl33t said:
Rhyagell said:

I'm doing a rewatch with my siblings, but other than that I haven't rewatched it just by myself yet. Too painful! Just thinking about some of the scenes rips me apart.

Bah! You're lucky! My siblings and most of my friends think anime, cartoons and animated content is "all bad" and refuse to watch it. lol I gotta rewatch the pain, by myself! xD
Dec 12, 2021 4:43 PM
Jan 2013
Rhyagell said:
Bah! You're lucky! My siblings and most of my friends think anime, cartoons and animated content is "all bad" and refuse to watch it. lol I gotta rewatch the pain, by myself! xD

I'm pretty much trying to get anyone to watch it, misery loves company!
Nov 1, 2022 4:08 AM
Nov 2022
I just wanted to share this music video I made. Arcane is amazing :)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

40 by JoySeeker »»
4 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3499 by Dumb »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7770 by enigmasauce »»
10 hours ago

» What are your favorite western cartoons? ( 1 2 )

Deadaccount2974 - Mar 15, 2021

77 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » do you use TikTok?

DreamingBeats - Mar 16

32 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.