Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 3, 2021 5:18 AM
Jun 2020
I hope not the writing was shit I really don't understand why this is so loved the first season had bad writing too but it was actually enjoyable
Dec 4, 2021 8:35 PM
Dec 2019
NickCipolla said:
Its really only competing with A Silent Voice for the #1 spot for movies.

Nobody seriously considers a Gintama movie, seen by 20k people, to be the best anime movie of all time
by that logic this movie shouldn't be considered as it is sequel and has only 100k votes compared to silent voice which has over a million votes
Dec 4, 2021 9:53 PM

May 2020
Hentai_heaven said:
NickCipolla said:
Its really only competing with A Silent Voice for the #1 spot for movies.

Nobody seriously considers a Gintama movie, seen by 20k people, to be the best anime movie of all time
by that logic this movie shouldn't be considered as it is sequel and has only 100k votes compared to silent voice which has over a million votes

100k in a month of airing compared to Gintama movie which came out wayy earlier and is being out performed by 90% of seasonal anime in terms of viewership
Dec 5, 2021 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
We also have to take account that Gintama: The Final has a much higher score than what's being shown, as proven by a more trustwhorthy top ranking on Anilist. But honestly, I'm fine with Violet being in second. It's a masterpiece regardless
Dec 29, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2021
nope no chance its beating gintama

Jan 3, 2022 3:47 AM

Apr 2021
No, pretty clear "no" since the score has decreased considerably with stats right now while Gintama: The Final increased. I see it falling below Gintama 2 movie. While Gintama the Final is right now coming back to itself as 1s disappear from pathetic bots.
Feb 8, 2022 6:35 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
themashupkq said:
No, pretty clear "no" since the score has decreased considerably with stats right now while Gintama: The Final increased. I see it falling below Gintama 2 movie. While Gintama the Final is right now coming back to itself as 1s disappear from pathetic bots.
Yeah, Gintama Movie 2 is at least ten times better than this
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 8, 2022 6:58 AM

Apr 2021
I have no hatred towards violet Evergarden BTW and it's doing well even ith reiew bombing btw
Feb 10, 2022 9:39 PM

Mar 2016
Unfortunately no, cause there's still review bombing and such, cause many people including some of my mutuals are not too fond of the "ugly cry" drama this allegedly has, which is understandable, tbh. Gintama The Final probably will retain that position for the time being, although I truthfully don't think that film deserves it any more than this one. Obviously it's the bloated Gintama love, for better or worse, and I was just not a fan of the later arcs of that series.
Feb 17, 2022 2:08 PM

Oct 2017
Ok I got to say this done WAY BETTER than the TV series.

The pacing and length is just perfect for this type of contend story.
The episodic format of TV series of Violet Evergarden kinda kill the momentum and pacing.
The music, the visual , the pacing, the story, the dialogue are just perfection

The Violet Gilbert plot is decent, but I think what this story truly shine is the sub plot of Yuris.
This part really makes me cry like a baby. Way more so than the mother daughter letter part in the TV series.
If I watch this in a theatre, I suspect we'd get lots of crying noise for sure.
Too bad my country don't have this in movie theatre.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aku_mado - Sep 18, 2020

324 by Weasel244 »»
May 21, 1:27 AM

» Romance between gilbert and violet ( 1 2 )

NaCreamy - May 7, 2021

75 by Arminken »»
May 3, 2:42 AM

» The ending is horrible in my opinion ( 1 2 3 )

GRG3 - Sep 3, 2023

104 by EntireInternet »»
Mar 24, 2:33 PM

» Usagi Drop similarities (spoiler)

RealNath - Jan 26

14 by veroubri »»
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

» Should I watch the movie or TV show first?

Damon_dinh - Aug 9, 2023

29 by Ronaldthompson »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.