Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This crossed my mind before, but I'm thinking that Total Eclipse & Schwarzesmarken will likely function much better as anime

New
Oct 17, 2021 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
As someone who didn't play the VNs but read a quite a few summaries waaay back , and 1st introduction to the franchise was Total Eclipse anime, Imma just say how I think that + Schwarzesmarken will be superior as anime adaptation.

Those can function as their own contained storylines and maybe TE at least, can serve as a solid mecha anime for someone new to the franchise, at least that was my thought. It has tons of flaws, but I found Yuuya's development to be quite solid, as well as the development of his bonds with his team mates, and especially Yui, Cryska & Ininia. Seeing them start off from bickering beginnings, to acceptance, to caring for each other & all that jazz was quite the satisfying journey, IMO.

What does the audience see here tho' ? "Okay, so our MC , this Takeru dude, yea I heard he's the MC of the main VN trilogy but here I just saw him pop out and dump a shit ton of exposition on us and even if we get it, we're supposed to be emotionally attached to his struggle or something? Also he clearly knows a lot of things we don't." (I know why, just saying how it looks for most ppl)."

Curious if anyone else felt like this. For hardcore fans of the franchise who've went through all the VNs, starting with the OG Muv-Luv, remember we don't have your nostalgia factor attachment, we just see what we get here.
Oct 17, 2021 1:42 PM
Feb 2016
The problem adaptating Alternative without Extra and Unlimited is, you lost expalanation about characters and those stuffs. I Was thinking they were going to hide infos about Extra and Unlimited for making the anime more understandable for newcomers or anime only, but noooooooooooooo, they keep those infos.
Oct 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
NeloRosso said:
The problem adaptating Alternative without Extra and Unlimited is, you lost expalanation about characters and those stuffs. I Was thinking they were going to hide infos about Extra and Unlimited for making the anime more understandable for newcomers or anime only, but noooooooooooooo, they keep those infos.

Explaining wouldn't cut it here tbh, because they tried to (well, a very summary version I assume) - but it won't matter too much since there'll be no emotional attachment to the audience, thus no connection to Takeru nor the girls.

Hence why it feels like this was a doomed adaptation from the start. The main storyline of Muv-Alt would legit need several seasons, because you can't form attachment through explanations alone. The other two I mentioned felt like they could do with much less, IMO, even if their potential is less.
Oct 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Feb 2016
The reviews I've read say that Total Eclipse has no ending. It's merely an ad for a Total Eclipse visual novel.
It is regrettable that Takeru's backstory has been skipped, but I felt no attachment to his character even after playing through the game.
その目だれの目?
Oct 17, 2021 8:36 PM
Feb 2015
Lucifrost said:
The reviews I've read say that Total Eclipse has no ending. It's merely an ad for a Total Eclipse visual novel.
It is regrettable that Takeru's backstory has been skipped, but I felt no attachment to his character even after playing through the game.

Well those review may hate TE if it continues further.
Actually, a part of me is actually more attached to Unlimited Takeru (2 years later) over Alternative Takeru. I kinda wish we had Unlimited Takeru reloop with all his memories and feelings instead of having Alternative Takeru. It's most likely impossible due to there being multiple heroines (and Alternative being a certain person's route), but sometimes i can't help but wonder how it'll be like if Unlimited Takeru instead of Alternative Takeru.
ixarisingOct 17, 2021 8:40 PM
Oct 20, 2021 11:57 PM
Sep 2014
ixarising said:
Lucifrost said:

Actually, a part of me is actually more attached to Unlimited Takeru (2 years later) over Alternative Takeru. I kinda wish we had Unlimited Takeru reloop with all his memories and feelings instead of having Alternative Takeru. It's most likely impossible due to there being multiple heroines (and Alternative being a certain person's route), but sometimes i can't help but wonder how it'll be like if Unlimited Takeru instead of Alternative Takeru.

what you're looking for is The Day After
Oct 21, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2019
What do you mean, "will?" They did function better, granted Eclipse less so than Schwarzesmarken, and granted literally anything is better than this shit, but I don't see why that's being asked as if they're hypotheticals.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 21, 2021 2:55 AM
Feb 2015
BakaDood said:
ixarising said:

what you're looking for is The Day After

Too little detail on TDA Takeru, his role seem to fluctuate or change from beginning of TDA03 and end of TDA03.
They make him seem like very complicated but at the same time, it's like he hasn't change.
I'm really looking forward to how Resonative will handle Takeru since Yoshimune will be taking over again for the final chapter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.