Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is Ash stupid?
Oct 9, 2021 2:43 AM

Sep 2018
Is knocking down a few hundred trees and destroying one small and measly habitat that really big of a deal, when potentially the future of medicine could increase tenfold with the analysis done of the samples collected? They're fricking inferior animals, they should know their place tbh

Or is this all too big brained for Ash to realize? Why does he go along and play the "hero" all the time? Potentially saves millions of human lives > harvest healing source and wipe out the nuisances.
Oct 9, 2021 2:52 AM

Sep 2018
Z was so right and this movie shits all over him, unfortunate. This movie is just crappy hero propaganda BS.
Oct 9, 2021 3:12 AM

Sep 2018
Honestly, this movie would have been better if Go was here, proclaiming all throughout the movie about how he was gonna catch a Zarude and then Celebi lol
Oct 9, 2021 3:46 AM
Sep 2019
I mean
I would put it down to him being like, 10, but I don't think 10 year olds are THAT stupid
I'm scared to watch this movie now-
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Oct 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Sep 2018
JesusIsYes said:
I mean
I would put it down to him being like, 10, but I don't think 10 year olds are THAT stupid
We all know that his "age" is just an arbitrary number at this point, doesn't mean anything.
Oct 9, 2021 3:53 AM
Sep 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
JesusIsYes said:
I mean
We all know that his "age" is just an arbitrary number at this point, doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, that kid's probably a grandpa at this point-
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Oct 9, 2021 5:37 AM
May 2021
I mean he IS stupid just not for those reasons lol
Oct 9, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2014
If a person talks about "beta person" and "alpha person" I already know that he is a loser

Stop watching redpill video and these other crap because you might end up getting retarded
Oct 9, 2021 7:48 PM
Mar 2014
well tbf killing the tree and/or taking all the water would ruin it for everyone
Oct 11, 2021 2:33 AM
Oct 2018
Uhm this is a pokemon movie for kids dude maybe go outside for a bit
Oct 11, 2021 3:01 AM

Sep 2021
Pokemon is for kids. So ofc the MC is stupid and all.
Oct 11, 2021 3:03 AM

May 2021
Weeaboo_Desu said:
If a person talks about "beta person" and "alpha person" I already know that he is a loser

Stop watching redpill video and these other crap because you might end up getting retarded

I agree with this too much lmao

Oct 15, 2021 5:14 AM

Sep 2007
y'all why are you mad its just an original movie aimed for kids and preteens in the first place lmao

believe me if there was a real healing water on earth evil pharmas would charge millions for it and you will die because you are poor thats the reality

shit like saving millions of lives is as unrealistic as your hero propaganda 😂
Nov 8, 2021 10:34 AM
Mar 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Is knocking down a few hundred trees and destroying one small and measly habitat that really big of a deal, when potentially the future of medicine could increase tenfold with the analysis done of the samples collected? They're fricking inferior animals, they should know their place tbh

Or is this all too big brained for Ash to realize? Why does he go along and play the "hero" all the time? Potentially saves millions of human lives > harvest healing source and wipe out the nuisances.

I can't believe it! Are you actually trying to debate the moral/ethics of a POKÉMON movie? Did this really upset you? The Internet sure is a weird place...
Nov 8, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2020
You clearly haven't payed attention to the past episodes if you realized JUST now he is dumb when he has been dumb since the first episode and hasn't even improved at all.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 8, 2021 11:44 AM

Sep 2018
Scordolo said:
You clearly haven't payed attention to the past episodes if you realized JUST now he is dumb when he has been dumb since the first episode and hasn't even improved at all.
lol, buddy I was watching and playing Pokemon before you were born. I know it's not news that Ash is an idiot.
Mar 16, 2022 5:14 PM

Aug 2019
Lol @ the OP talking to themselves for 3 posts in a row. What Ash did in this movie might not have been practical by real life standards, but by anime standards he had every right to oppose Dr. Zed.

I mean, suggesting that Ash should've just let the villain of the movie get his way is ridiculous. The man literally killed Koko's parents and his goal was completely self-serving to begin with.
Apr 17, 2022 8:55 AM

Aug 2011
Humanity my ass. All he cared was "he's right".

Guys like that really should be treated as trash.

Anyway, if they were real scientists, they wouldn't destroy forest like that to get the elixir. Real scientists wouldn't take risky move like this.
Because this elixir might actually be connected to the environment.
For this movie, it was.
Sorry for my bad English.
Oct 28, 2022 3:18 AM

Apr 2016
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Is knocking down a few hundred trees and destroying one small and measly habitat that really big of a deal

The Pokemon franchise subscribes to tree hugger ideology. Mother earth worship and all that.

No, knocking down a few trees isn't a big deal.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
the future of medicine could increase tenfold with the analysis done of the samples collected

I am reminded of the Star Trek Insurrection movie, where a Starfleet admiral tries to non-violently relocate a couple hundred colonists off of a super special planet because if the planet's unique properties could be harvested, it could revolutionize medicine and save trillions of lives, but the heroes decide to rebel against Starfleet and fight him. Makes you think.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
They're fricking inferior animals, they should know their place tbh

Again, treehugger franchise created by people who don't believe that humans have souls that differentiate themselves from animals.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
Or is this all too big brained for Ash to realize?

In universe, Ash is such a pokephile that if he sees a human and a Pokemon fighting, he will always presume that the Pokemon is in the right and that the human is the bad guy, no qeustions asked.

Out of universe, Ash is just being used as a mouthpiece by the writers. He's the likeable protagonist, so whichever side the writers decide to put him on automatically makes that side "right".

GakutoDeathGlare said:
Honestly, this movie would have been better if Go was here, proclaiming all throughout the movie about how he was gonna catch a Zarude and then Celebi lol

I think they rebooted the movie continuity because they didn't want to be forced to include current generation characters.
Dec 31, 2022 6:47 PM

Jan 2016
Valyrian1124 said:
I think they rebooted the movie continuity because they didn't want to be forced to include current generation characters.
Movie continuity? There was never movie continuity. Even when some pokemons appeared in later movies again (like Mewtwo, Latios, Latias) they didn't remembered neither Ash nor any of their lessons from past. You should treat every movie as separate universe.

As for movie, you could resolve goals of both sides without making forced drama out of it. There wasn't really any real moral choice there that pushed anybody to do what they did. From one side some arbitrary jungle law that forced apex pokemon tribe to be basically d!cks without clear reasons, because reasons. And from other side stupid scientists who couldn't make their research without destroying half of the jungle.
Conflict of the main plot was badly written as an excuse to make drama out of it. Movie in itself wasn't bad when it comes to portraying motives of family, father-child relationship, what it means to be father, searching your identity, growing up and leaving home. The main conflict of movie seems to be more like background of family drama.
ArthassDec 31, 2022 6:56 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Movie 23: Koko Episode 1 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 21, 2021

10 by Nerdason »»
Mar 20, 6:41 AM

» Theory on the Sacred Tree

curvedtree - Aug 13, 2022

1 by SledMasterFemboy »»
Aug 13, 2022 4:08 PM

» So what are your thoughts on new movie so far?

Ri22rk - Feb 28, 2020

29 by JoeRequiem »»
Oct 26, 2021 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.