Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 29, 2021 11:57 PM
Jul 2021
why ppl like her? im so confused, every time shes on screen i just wanna smack her around lol bruh shes annoying. how can i enjoy this show when she's overreact everything. im the only one feeling this.right? i had to ask anyone since i dont want to think im weird for hating a character lol
Jul 30, 2021 12:05 AM
Feb 2021
Well u hate her ur opinion but she's so sweet and the why she talks like that has a Reason I love her and i don't trust people who dont
Jul 30, 2021 12:09 AM
Jan 2021
slabhead69 said:
why ppl like her? im so confused, every time shes on screen i just wanna smack her around lol bruh shes annoying. how can i enjoy this show when she's overreact everything. im the only one feeling this.right? i had to ask anyone since i dont want to think im weird for hating a character lol
bro you are not alone...I also feel the same
Jul 30, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2020
slabhead69 said:
and that's why she is liked by many PPL, she is a perfect protagonist of this series just you can't find any other word than perfect, she develops the story so nicely and her kindness is the reason PPL like her, if someone is kind and little bit clumsy that doesn't make someone annoying or better, " she is very annoying" is a pov of a person,and I don't think many PPL think this way, she suffered herself because of her kindness but she was gifted more because of that kindness. She isn't like Tanjiro who even shows kindness to man eating demons to be annoying or not as stupid as Zenitsu to be annoying, she is a good character with a perfect personality for such a story, remember this show is also a ROM-COM so I couldn't find anyone alse who can bring up a happy scene or a joke in front of a sad family where everyone have got sad backstories. Withouther this anime won't be comedy anymore. Her kindness, clumsiness, idiotic behaviour is the cause most zodiac members could break the curse. Your reason for hating someone is very poor when you've never watched many shows have so lot annoying characters u r talking about Tohru...smh
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 30, 2021 12:36 AM
Feb 2021
Because while sometimes she can be a bit of an airhead, she is extremely strong-willed and kind when it matters. She helps the Somas and her friends when they are down with her empathy and affection. Tohru is one of the better traditional female characters in anime.
Jul 30, 2021 1:12 AM
Mar 2021
slabhead69 said:

What did u say ?? I am hurt bro . Aargh
Jul 30, 2021 1:44 AM
Jul 2021
Kazuma134 said:
slabhead69 said:

What did u say ?? I am hurt bro . Aargh

me too man. this character should be abused like aqua lol
Jul 30, 2021 2:18 AM
Dec 2020
slabhead69 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
and that's why she is liked by many PPL, she is a perfect protagonist of this series just you can't find any other word than perfect, she develops the story so nicely and her kindness is the reason PPL like her, if someone is kind and little bit clumsy that doesn't make someone annoying or better, " she is very annoying" is a pov of a person,and I don't think many PPL think this way, she suffered herself because of her kindness but she was gifted more because of that kindness. She isn't like Tanjiro who even shows kindness to man eating demons to be annoying or not as stupid as Zenitsu to be annoying, she is a good character with a perfect personality for such a story, remember this show is also a ROM-COM so I couldn't find anyone alse who can bring up a happy scene or a joke in front of a sad family where everyone have got sad backstories. Withouther this anime won't be comedy anymore. Her kindness, clumsiness, idiotic behaviour is the cause most zodiac members could break the curse. Your reason for hating someone is very poor when you've never watched many shows have so lot annoying characters u r talking about Tohru...smh

u like kirito so i wont take ur opinion lmao
you gave shows 0, I won’t take your opinion. you are so biased.
Jul 30, 2021 2:19 AM
Jan 2021
slabhead69 said:

She's cute as hell, you need other reason?
Jul 30, 2021 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Because she's sweet and kind.
Jul 30, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
slabhead69 said:

that doesnt mean shes not annoying
Jul 30, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 2021
Strengthen said:
Because she's sweet and kind.

shes naive, too nice and too perfect
Jul 30, 2021 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Man, did you really create this thread so that you can bash people with a different opinion? Then, I surely wasted my time posting here.
Jul 30, 2021 2:38 AM
Jan 2021
slabhead69 said:
Mr_Giraffa said:

that doesnt mean shes not annoying

Nahh, she isn't annoying, she's just a lovely girl that deserves a lot of love. You disliking her doesn't mean she is annoying. But it's ok, you can dislike her, there is nothing wrong about this, i personally hate Emília (Re:Zero), Nagisa (Clannad) and Taiga (Toradora) and it's totally ok.
Jul 30, 2021 4:17 AM
Jun 2020
Well, I kind of agree with the OP. There are many things I do not like about this show, but the two most prominent ones are Tohru and the dialogue for sure.

Don’t get me wrong, the dialogue for example isn’t always bad, but at the supposed “emotional” scenes, it just gets cringe as hell. I mean you have to seriously look at what they say. It’s stuff you would never say to anyone else, because it’s just stupid. Only the extremely good OST makes it bearable.

And then there is Tohru. I admit I’m also a bit biased because I hate her voice, but I think her character is still very bad and yeah also annoying. She is TOO nice, which is just annoying to watch. I mean I know she will cry, say sorry, comfort someone else or whatsoever at least once per episode and even for the stupidest reasons – for 63 episodes straight! Talk about a monotone way of telling the story… btw, that makes it also boring to watch.
I don’t even know why the characters in the story like her. Yeah, she is nice… and she is smiling … and that’s it. Well not exactly, she miraculously also finds the right words in the right situations, but as I said above, the dialogue is super cringe in those situations, especially when Tohru is part of it.
But do you seriously like someone just because they are smiling and being nice? Of course not, there has to be more. Look at Arisa and Saki for example. I always wonder how their friendship to Tohru can be seen as “deep. Yeah, Tohru was nice to them… but then what? You aren’t friends with someone because they were just nice to you once. And their friendship nowadays just consists of them saying how amazing their friendship is and that they appreciate themselves. They always say how much they love their oh so dear Tohru, but Tohru is just there. She never says funny things, nor makes jokes. This and many other factors make their friendship very artificial in my opinion. And that can be translated to the relationships between Tohru and many other characters in the show.
In the third season she is at least a bit more bearable, as it is explained why she behaves that way. The explanation is a bit unsatisfying though and that doesn’t change how annoying she is during the series.

Ok, now you see why I and maybe some others think Tohru's character is stupid. That was btw just a brief take on it, I could very well write several pages about that. Please don’t hate me for that opinion or call my opinion invalid. I mean I also see why people like Tohru.

And I know I use the word “stupid” often, but there is sometimes no other word to describe it. And I’m not a native speaker, so my word pool isn’t that great : )
Jul 30, 2021 4:34 AM
Feb 2021
slabhead69 said:
it’s say just not your preference dude, but don’t asking why the others likings her cause it’s their preference lol. If you just got annoyed from her overreacting, but im not lol. She just wanna make good atmosphere cause small things that anyone think, but who know it’s not just small things for the others??
Jul 30, 2021 4:42 AM

Apr 2015
Because Tohru is mother.
Jul 30, 2021 5:50 AM
Dec 2019
She's cute, hardworking and innocent.
Jul 30, 2021 5:51 AM

Dec 2020
i feel the same way bro
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 30, 2021 6:36 AM
Jul 2021
slabhead69 said:

at first i found it hard to like her too. i never really hated her like you say but it's hard to like a character that is so passive and just gives speeches every five mins. but i guess that as the seasons went on and she actually became to struggle with things and we got to see a bit of a more depressed and coping side of her, i grew to like her. i guess it was the fact that i realized that she wasn't just a sweet girl, there was a bit more to it.

but i guess this type of character is not for everyon so, if u dont like her well, shit happens 😂 i hope she doesnt ruin the show for u tho
Jul 30, 2021 6:54 AM
Jan 2019
Ayo don’t hate on other people’s taste for anime or characters like that. Jeez keep it to yourself. Tohru does have her moments but she still cute but are you kidding :/ there’s so many more characters worse so chill.
Also stfu about an individual’s opinion being invalid based on liking Kirito. Like who the hell are you to dismiss and invalid anyone in the first place ? Let alone with such poor, petty and unreliable reasoning.
What a joke.
Tohru and Kirito are sweeties. Can’t hate on them.
If you do don’t like a character then that’s because everyone else likes them.
Take a seat son you ain’t shit
Jul 30, 2021 7:18 AM

Apr 2017
I personally wasn’t a fan of her either, I preferred the stories of all the other characters and found her at times to be a bit of a downer who is programmed to cry to and be nice to everyone.

I understand that’s just part of her struggle and her character, yet even still I’m not that much a fan of slice of life’s and whatnot because of this deep stuff which gets dragged on, but with that in mind even still I did find the other characters story’s interesting and heartwarming considering I went in with doubts but when it came to the main character I just wasn’t interested mostly because her job for the story seemed to be the pity piece and there to exist to offer kindness to others blindly when they need it which might be wholesome to some people and that’s why they like her but to me it’s just a bit 1 dimensional because I’m not a fan really of ditzy characters or shows where everyone circle jerks for a season about how thankful and sorry they are every 5 seconds without moving forward and that’s just how I felt about her.

Call me cold hearted fine, maybe I’ve been dumbed down by various shounens and actions that move too fast for me to stop to think for the human aspects and the feelings of others in these stories but to that I say that I can, it’s just that Tohru’s scenes in this series are my least favourite compared to literally anyone else simply because they’re more interesting.

The people who scour profiles and whatnot looking for some kind of material to bash your ‘taste’ with and discredit you for holding a simple opinion other than theirs are not the ones with the common sense to get out of their shell or ones you should be taking criticism for. It’s okay to have a different view of series and characters, but of course the reminder we have to keep bringing up is that there is no objective good or bad, masterpiece or shitter. A lot of the time the people who blindly shout masterpiece are saying it after their emotions are high from just finishing it, it simply because they connect with the stories told deeper than others and assume that just because they see themselves in a character that it’s an insult for anyone else not to.

Tl:dr I prefer other characters to her as well, there’s no objective good/masterpiece, ignore the cloud 9 emotional rollercoaster trolls who take insult to you not seeing the same as them.
Jul 30, 2021 7:33 AM
Jul 2021
akis_topknot said:
slabhead69 said:

at first i found it hard to like her too. i never really hated her like you say but it's hard to like a character that is so passive and just gives speeches every five mins. but i guess that as the seasons went on and she actually became to struggle with things and we got to see a bit of a more depressed and coping side of her, i grew to like her. i guess it was the fact that i realized that she wasn't just a sweet girl, there was a bit more to it.

but i guess this type of character is not for everyon so, if u dont like her well, shit happens 😂 i hope she doesnt ruin the show for u tho

of course, it didnt ruin it but bruhh i almost smash my laptop lmao. last season, she was bearable but argh haha i like her friends tho, i much prefer them as mc than her lol
Jul 30, 2021 7:34 AM
Jul 2021
MK17_2 said:
Ayo don’t hate on other people’s taste for anime or characters like that. Jeez keep it to yourself. Tohru does have her moments but she still cute but are you kidding :/ there’s so many more characters worse so chill.
Also stfu about an individual’s opinion being invalid based on liking Kirito. Like who the hell are you to dismiss and invalid anyone in the first place ? Let alone with such poor, petty and unreliable reasoning.
What a joke.
Tohru and Kirito are sweeties. Can’t hate on them.
If you do don’t like a character then that’s because everyone else likes them.
Take a seat son you ain’t shit

i already know what taste u have if u like sao lmao so shut up lol
its a discussion so its not unnecessary to this forum lol
Jul 30, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2021
slabhead69 said:
akis_topknot said:

of course, it didnt ruin it but bruhh i almost smash my laptop lmao. last season, she was bearable but argh haha i like her friends tho, i much prefer them as mc than her lol

oh for suuuuree. hanajima is a queen 😂
Jul 30, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2021
Strengthen said:
Man, did you really create this thread so that you can bash people with a different opinion? Then, I surely wasted my time posting here.

i think u blind mate. im not bashing anyone, i didnt say u are a horrible person or something similiar. all i said she was annoying and thats it.
Jul 30, 2021 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
slabhead69 said:
Strengthen said:

i think u blind mate. im not bashing anyone, i didnt say u are a horrible person or something similiar. all i said she was annoying and thats it.

The way you reply to people by talking shit about their favs, their taste tells that. Go read your own replies if you don't know what you've done
removed-userJul 30, 2021 10:45 AM
Dec 8, 2021 5:43 PM
Apr 2020
slabhead69 said:

Yes yes yes i feel you bruh. Wah i think it's just me feel annoying with her. She's very annoying and sometimes cringe. I don't know why i annoying with her. Well she's annoying without the reason. The more episode i watched, more annoying she be. And s2 Tohru became more more more annoying
Dec 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Jul 2021
Well duh that's because she's the protagonist or you can say the main subject of the whole series; who has a very soft trait, a hard worker, lovely butterfly girl, she has all of these traits and personalities because it's a purpose for her to to get rid of the past and so no one can figure about her past life I guess which is why most of the time, as you can tell, she's mostly just happy, can be annoying but in a hilarious way and that's basically someone wanting to mask themself to not show their true character and she wants to cherish her objectives in making others happy and also having fun but eventually that true identity of hers will soon be revealed or be hinted once you watch the series moreover so you don't need to feel annoyed anymore I guess? That remains subjective though.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 8, 2022 3:41 PM

Oct 2020
I just feel like she is stupid af, like really really dumb. How come she doesnt understand Akito isnt a good person for example
Jan 13, 2022 12:51 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
I love her relationship with Kyo, but she's way too forgiving. She needs some boundaries.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.