Forum Settings
Forums

Disney remakes and the never ending lazy pattern of remakes.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 29, 2021 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
RuneRem said:
Lucifrost said:
@SomeRandomNerd
An actual good Cinderella remake with a black Cinderella was made in 1997. It was even produced by Disney, and starred Whitney Houston as the Fairy Godmother. Funny how this was never brought up when Disney's 2015 remake cast a white Cinderella.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_(1997_film)

Cinderella was European, casting an African-American as Cinderella is racewashing.

@Hazarddex

Snow White was German White European, not Amerindian Columbian Polish.

only 4.31% of Columbia is Amerindian.

the majority of Columbian are Spaniards and Spain is from Europe same with Poland (which isn't to far from Germany and considering Poland's history wouldn't be surprise if her dad has some German ancestry.)

that's still not African American and is still European.

RuneRem said:

Well I wouldn't call this new movie snow white, but rather black ice.

you were literally also saying "black ice." when she's clearly not African American.

also getting ethnicity exact for acting is a dumb idea. unless you want people to literally try and find an Atlantean for whenever or if Disney does an Atlantis remake I suggest you not make yourself this big a fool. at this point I'm more concerned with the actress' lack of experience then any race war bs.
GrimAtramentJun 29, 2021 12:37 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 30, 2021 12:37 AM

Apr 2012
@hazarddex Do you seriously think that people will forget that she is a latina if you refer to the percentage of whites in her homeland? I live in a region where Muslims make up 30% of the population, does that make me a good choice for the role of Salladin?
Jun 30, 2021 1:49 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
ArabianLuffy said:
When Disney is out of ideas, but remake is the only last card it has. I can't wait to see Disney goes bankrupt. It's one of my dreams. We burned a lot of Elmo toys. Time to burn Mickey and his shit folks.

I bring bad news for you.

Jun 30, 2021 1:59 AM

Dec 2008
149597871 said:
ArabianLuffy said:
When Disney is out of ideas, but remake is the only last card it has. I can't wait to see Disney goes bankrupt. It's one of my dreams. We burned a lot of Elmo toys. Time to burn Mickey and his shit folks.

I bring bad news for you.

Shit! I guess the only plan left is to crash-land a plane on Disney's main building.
Jun 30, 2021 8:34 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread moved from Casual Discussion
Jun 30, 2021 11:53 AM

Feb 2010
RobertBobert said:
@hazarddex Do you seriously think that people will forget that she is a latina if you refer to the percentage of whites in her homeland? I live in a region where Muslims make up 30% of the population, does that make me a good choice for the role of Salladin?
When your father is polish and your mother Colombian I don't think it matters much all that matters is your acting experience. Scott Weinger and Robin Williams would like to know your location.
GrimAtramentJun 30, 2021 12:05 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 30, 2021 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
hazarddex said:
RobertBobert said:
When your father is polish and your mother Colombian I don't think it matters much all that matters is your acting experience. Scott Weinger and Robin Williams would like to know your location.

AND? What does it change? She is a person of color, while the original character is canonically so pale that she was even named after the snow. And this is in an era when even black actors are accused of not being black enough to play black characters.
Jul 1, 2021 10:29 AM

Aug 2018
Disney really seems to be suffering creativity crisis, the never ending milking of Star Wars and Marvel content will come to an end one day. Lets not even talk about the embarrasing remakes of famous animated films.

Then theres their rely on Pixar to make quality animated films that seems to be working till top pixar animators decide to leave one day.

The company itself became a soulless brand that never had a chance to beat their competitors so they bought them instead and now we see the results of this.
Jul 1, 2021 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
If it means we get Atlantis remake/reboot/whatever, why not.
Jul 11, 2021 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
hazarddex said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
so a literal girl named snow white. is not even white?
RobertBobert said:
To be honest, I don't understand why diversity should move through the gradual transformation of European enjoyment into quasi-American or Asian. If you talk so much about representing non-white audiences and the importance of their culture, why don't you let their culture be heard? I think it would be much more interesting than another recoloring of white characters.

Or are you suggesting that African culture is not so interesting and developed for Western audiences that black audiences are still represented solely through the blackwashing of white works?

Not sure where you people are getting this idea that the actress is a African woman when she Colombian-American. Colombia's population literally being 87.58% White or Mestizo. Also her father is literally polish. You would think you would check before making yourself look foolish
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Zegler#Theatre

HenrikDK said:
Animation to live-action has never worked, it always feels lifeless and lose its flair

One of the few good takes in here.
hazarddex said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
so a literal girl named snow white. is not even white?
RobertBobert said:
To be honest, I don't understand why diversity should move through the gradual transformation of European enjoyment into quasi-American or Asian. If you talk so much about representing non-white audiences and the importance of their culture, why don't you let their culture be heard? I think it would be much more interesting than another recoloring of white characters.

Or are you suggesting that African culture is not so interesting and developed for Western audiences that black audiences are still represented solely through the blackwashing of white works?

Not sure where you people are getting this idea that the actress is a African woman when she Colombian-American. Colombia's population literally being 87.58% White or Mestizo. Also her father is literally polish. You would think you would check before making yourself look foolish
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Zegler#Theatre

HenrikDK said:
Animation to live-action has never worked, it always feels lifeless and lose its flair

One of the few good takes in here.
thats no the point thoigh.

if, IF she was black but had the same skin tone as michael jackson, that would be okay, I mean he was white as snow
Jul 11, 2021 8:00 PM

Feb 2010
KuroudoAkabane said:

if, IF she was black but had the same skin tone as michael jackson, that would be okay, I mean he was white as snow

then not sure what problems is then.

Jul 12, 2021 3:48 AM

Apr 2020
It really bugs me how everyone hates them but they still make insane profit.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4839 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

43 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago

» Telenovelas and Soap operas intro songs

EarthHero - 3 hours ago

0 by EarthHero »»
3 hours ago

» Non anime Japanese Movies recommendations

Akuho993 - May 8

9 by Lucifrost »»
7 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7772 by Dumb »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.