Forum Settings
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2021 1:13 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Siesta was still alive after her heart had returned to her body. (What does that mean? Even if her heart is separated from Siesta's body, her consciousness will still be in her heart. If you want to revive her, you just have to put the heart back on. It's all thanks to the seed from SPES that she stole six years ago and also SPES leader has been defeated.

Kimizuka and Siesta go to a 12-member Tuner meeting to report SPES's defeat and find a way to bring Nagisa back to life. It is known that the future where Siesta dies will exist because her death could destroy the remaining seeds.

Scarlett told Kimizuka that the Tuner master had died a month earlier. Everything happened because of Arsane the shadow thief. He has extraordinary abilities, because he can steal anything, including human memories. Last seen in New York pretending to be the most influential person there.

In the room, Siesta and Kimizuka have been in love with each other for a long time. But now Siesta knew that Kimizuka seemed to like Nagisa. Slightly jealous, Siesta asked Kimizuka to look after Nagisa. Then in the morning, Siesta disappeared. Siesta's disappearance wakes up Nagisa.

Siesta went to commit suicide because her heart was affected by the seed. If she didn't rush to death, she could turn into a mutant. Kimizuka confess to Siesta, damn true loves. Nagisa injects anesthetic into Siesta to weaken her consciousness. Kimizuka asked Siesta to patiently wait for the antidote so that she wouldn't become a mutant. Siesta began to fall asleep.

Siesta who was sleeping in the hospital, was visited by Kimizuka every day. Until Kimizuka went to Singapore to have a big meeting because the threat of the world will never go away. woahhhh saddddd please wake up Siesta.

End of SPES Arc, next Turner arc ~

Jun 27, 2021 7:50 PM
Dec 2016
The end of the arc SPES was full of emotion. His friendship & love was interesting. Although it's rather unfortunate, why would Nigojyuu end it so quickly. One more thing, I don't understand with the characteristics of Kimizuka. Of the five volumes, volume 5 is the worst. I still like the story, though. Can't wait with volume 6!
Jul 5, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2020
Where did you find translations for vol.5 i can only found for first 4
Jul 5, 2021 7:06 PM

Feb 2018
BlackBird1234 said:
it's a secret :") I hope you are patient and wait for the Helping fansub to translate until volume 5 :")
Jul 6, 2021 12:16 AM
Jul 2020
Syureria said:
BlackBird1234 said:
it's a secret :") I hope you are patient and wait for the Helping fansub to translate until volume 5 :")
yeah i hope it doesnt take too long.Looking at content of vol 5 i am exicted
Jul 6, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 2020
I swear, this series is gonna kill me
Jul 6, 2021 12:19 PM
Jul 2020
Just finished it what a ride.First half with seed was peak of the show for me.I didnt like few dialouges when Siesta said that Nagisa has a lot of rivals because i ship Siesta and kimi and i hope he doesnt end with Nagisa...But that out of the way i would rank the novels 2>=5>4>3>1.I hope we dont wait too long for vol 6
Jul 9, 2021 12:52 AM
Apr 2019
Is there going to be a volume 6? Has it been confirmed yet?
Jul 9, 2021 1:16 AM
Jul 2020
Yumni said:
Is there going to be a volume 6? Has it been confirmed yet?
there is no conformation but considering that light novels are pretty popular in japan of course there will.Probably in october i would say
Jul 9, 2021 3:53 AM

Feb 2018
An additional.... Seeing the many responses, I wanted to add something.

Before Natsunagi fell asleep, Natsunagi had a fight so yeah, she was die... Natsunagi vs Seed, Natsunagi died fighting Seed. It wasn't death, rather so that the brain, Natsunagi fell into a coma. As a result, Natsunagi is in a coma and concussion, Natsunagi have to fall asleep. Natsunagi's heart was temporarily transferred to Siesta's body, Siesta died but her body wasn't destroyed, Hel just stabbed Siesta. Siesta's body was preserved or rather frozen. And with that Siesta back to life. Siesta Robot (Noches) Since Siesta has awakened Noches is transferred to an artificial body.

How about Natsunagi? Will Natsunagi die from not having a heart? Natsunagi is still alive, Natsunagi uses Alicia's heart found in the lab. It's just that Natsunagi is still lying in a coma. and thus Natsunagi would rise to stop Siesta from planning to commit suicide. The rest has been explained above.
Jul 9, 2021 10:46 PM
Jun 2021
I hope there will be release vol 6..just by read this vol 5..it's so damn good..hoping for vol 6 soon:)
Jul 10, 2021 3:09 AM

Feb 2018
Vivy61411 said:
I hope there will be release vol 6..just by read this vol 5..it's so damn good..hoping for vol 6 soon:)
yeah, but it will take some time because vol 5 just released at the 28 may.... The ending of volume 5 is also good, I actually wish LN ended here, lol.
Jul 10, 2021 12:11 PM
Sep 2020
Syureria said:
Vivy61411 said:
yeah, but it will take some time because vol 5 just released at the 28 may.... The ending of volume 5 is also good, I actually wish LN ended here, lol.

How does the arc end? Will you expand on the summary of this arc and the two previous arcs in the future?
Your summaries have been very helpful!
Jul 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Feb 2018
conquerator2 said:
How does the arc end? Will you expand on the summary of this arc and the two previous arcs in the future?
Your summaries have been very helpful!
Nah :( I've do a lot of summaries for LN, and for 1 thread it takes a few hours to type, if I have some spare time I'll definitely do it :")

I'm not sure whether to write or edit some :") Because I've also forgotten this LN in detail. The arc ended after they defeated SEED and Sista who rested her head on Kimihiko... Let's just say that Siesta is now asleep / coma
Jul 12, 2021 7:29 AM
Aug 2018
So, to be sure... Siesta is alive in the LN, but i the latest volume she went into a coma and they are working to cure her, right?
Jul 12, 2021 4:17 PM

Feb 2018
SloaneST said:
So, to be sure... Siesta is alive in the LN, but i the latest volume she went into a coma and they are working to cure her, right?
yeah, that's right...m
Jul 18, 2021 11:06 PM
Apr 2019
I have been reading the translated LNs since I watched the first 3 episodes of this anime yesterday and I have been loving what I have read so far. I would go so far as to say this is the best LN I have ever read when I don't usually like reading only text-filled books. The story and the characters were really memorable to me and full of characters each with their own problems and ways to face their past, present, and future problems. I have high hopes for the anime adaptation of this series as so far it has shown good results that live up to the series' name but that is what I think and not everyone has the same opinion as me. All I can say is that I can guarantee to anyone that reads the LN will have an amazing experience but then again that is just my opinion.
Jul 19, 2021 12:17 AM

Feb 2018
DivineBlizzard said:
All I can say is that I can guarantee to anyone that reads the LN will have an amazing experience but then again that is just my opinion.
yeah, they can achieve trending in Japan not a bullsht, this LN are masterpiece
Jul 19, 2021 12:33 AM
Apr 2019
Syureria said:
DivineBlizzard said:
All I can say is that I can guarantee to anyone that reads the LN will have an amazing experience but then again that is just my opinion.

Lately I have started to regain my motivation to watch anime the past few days by watching the Monogatari series for the first time and so to speak that made me regain my "Anime drive" which made me start to explore the more recent anime releases that caught my attention which what led me to this series. I am glad that I brought up enough motivation that made me find this gem.
Jul 19, 2021 11:27 PM
Mar 2019
DivineBlizzard said:
Syureria said:

Lately I have started to regain my motivation to watch anime the past few days by watching the Monogatari series for the first time and so to speak that made me regain my "Anime drive" which made me start to explore the more recent anime releases that caught my attention which what led me to this series. I am glad that I brought up enough motivation that made me find this gem.

Me too! I haven't been watching and reading anime for awhile. I don't know how I manage to find this gem, but the first episode really gave me the push to check out the LN! I hope the author has fun and won't rush Vol. 6; and I hope people will find happiness reading his/her work :)

It's been a fun and lonely week reading this!
Jul 19, 2021 11:31 PM
Apr 2019
JuiceForyou said:
DivineBlizzard said:

Me too! I haven't been watching and reading anime for awhile. I don't know how I manage to find this gem, but the first episode really gave me the push to check out the LN! I hope the author has fun and won't rush Vol. 6; and I hope people will find happiness reading his/her work :)

It's been a fun and lonely week reading this!

Yeah the first episode really brought me to check out the LN and when I did, I can't stop myself from reading all 5 volumes for two days straight. I am really excited for when volume 6 will be released although volume 5 may as well be the ending from how the epilogue made it sound. Regardless I am still quite optimistic on how the anime will adapt this gem of a LN and the first 3 episodes aren't that bad on my opinion.
Aug 1, 2021 10:55 AM
Jan 2011
Syureria said:
SloaneST said:
yeah, that's right...m

So she isnt really dead? Or is she suppose to die later?
Aug 1, 2021 5:36 PM

Feb 2018
xsilicon9 said:
so she isnt really dead? Or is she suppose to die later?
she just fell into coma, she didn't to die because Siesta's heart had returned.

Because the detective is not dead, not anymore.
SyureriaAug 1, 2021 11:46 PM
Oct 8, 2021 9:20 AM
Oct 2021
Syureria said:
BlackBird1234 said:

Whom do you think kimikaze love seista or nagisa and whom will he end up and does he has started to acquire feeling for nagisa plz reply me syureria
Oct 8, 2021 4:46 PM

Feb 2018
Narutooo0 said:
Whom do you think kimikaze love seista or nagisa and whom will he end up and does he has started to acquire feeling for nagisa plz reply me syureria
Hhmm.... Yeah, this is hard quest, xD... after Siesta wakes up it's hard, if Siesta dies then Kimizuka will end up with Natsunagi because love starts to grow between them... But yeah, It would end with Siesta, because Kimizuka confessed his feelings for Siesta. If looking from the ending of volume 5, Kimizuka still harbors love for Siesta, so yeah, it will end with Siesta :")
Oct 14, 2021 6:20 AM

Nov 2015
Did you watch the anime?
Did the animr adapt up to this volume?
Oct 14, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2018
This arc is amazing, how everything connected was splendid. The anime should have had 25 episodes and faithfully adapted everything with a good studio.
I believe volume 6 will be the turning point for LN. As this will decide whether or not to maintain the quality. As everything was so well concluded, the author could not use the same form of writing, with everything connecting with time.
One way to get around this a bit would be to have a skip time and similarly tell what happened during that time.
Oct 22, 2021 2:48 AM
Sep 2020
Thank you so much for making this discussion man.. this make my heart at ease...just finished the anime today and became so confused about what gonna happend next...
Oct 22, 2021 2:52 AM

Feb 2018
HikarieChan said:
Did you watch the anime?
Did the animr adapt up to this volume?
nah, anime just cover for 2nd volume

. You can start read on v3

ExceedWatcher said:
Thank you so much for making this discussion man.. this make my heart at ease...just finished the anime today and became so confused about what gonna happend next...
No prob, I regret watching anime but I've read LN first so I think anime adaptations are trash.... Ma, hope this can help because anime is not a full adaptation. And yeah, Siesta still alive but she's fall a sleep
Feb 2, 2023 2:15 AM

Apr 2020
Seista went back to sleep. Nagisa is the new ace detective finally.
Also, Kimizuka confessed/proposed to siesta.

The phantom thief arc next probably.  

Hel is gone for good :(    (with her father)
water

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Volume 4 Discussion

Syureria - Jun 13, 2021

4 by Syureria »»
Feb 4, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Volume 3 Discussion

Syureria - Jun 13, 2021

1 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Jan 28, 2023 1:16 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Volume 2 Discussion

Syureria - Jun 6, 2021

2 by Syureria »»
Jan 25, 2023 2:48 AM

» Anime adaptation

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2021

11 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Jan 25, 2023 1:31 AM

» main characters love interest

benyamin1381 - Feb 15, 2022

2 by benyamin1381 »»
Feb 21, 2022 5:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.