Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2020 4:56 PM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cute ending, perfect for a cute fantasy story. The real mystery left is, how the heck did Yuki grow all that hair just in two years?! I wanna know her secret~

I liked that she and Takaomi reunited at the end, he got his Takamagahara memories back as well, so that's nice. In the end I didn't really understand why his Nakatsukuni version had such a different personality compared to what he was like in Takamagahara. I guess that's one of the weakest points of this series - we didn't really get to know most of the secondary characters. It was mainly all about Yuki and one of Takaomi's versions. And that's a shame, I really liked Nachi or Shouta, they had something going on, too bad they didn't really get their own storylines...

For what it was though, I enjoyed it. Simple story with fantasy setting inspired by (mainly) Japanese mythology, with adorable, old-school drawings and nice ecological message for younger kids. Cute and fun. 7/10
Jul 13, 2022 8:56 AM
Jul 2020
The reason why Takaomi in the real world was different from his version in Takamagahara is because he didn’t have any memories of Takamagahara. Both Takaomis are technically different people, just like how the other boys are different people in Takamagahara; however, those kids shared memories with their counterparts in Takamagahara. In the books, the character profiles showed different birthdays for literally every single character, even the counterparts in Takamagahara had different birthdays. They are all different people, and it is confusing. Heck even the elementary school teacher had her own counterpart in Takamagahara but literally nothing was said in the story to mention it otherwise.

Anyway, this story was hard to follow, especially for a childrens manga. The story was set to read like an RPG; basically a video game format that just got too repetitive, dialogues were confusing, and each chapter would end with a monster or human saying “thank you, take this item, now we don’t hate (other) humans anymore”. The first 4 volumes felt like side quests, and those side quests didn’t establish much at all. The whole adventure process was incredibly bland and went in circles. The story doesn’t really progress until the final volume.

It was a waste of time reading how the kids had to hunt down the second mirror when Tsukuyomi had it the entire time. In fact, Tsukuyomi as a villain was so underwhelming. He was deemed “threatening” when he did absolutely nothing this entire time. His villainous acts were predictable and minor. In practically every chapter, his servant would magically know where the main characters were, reports it to Tsukuyomi, then Tsukuyomi makes some empty threat about taking over Takamagahara, and he eventually dies. This repetitive scenario prior to his death was not needed.

I really didn’t like Yuuki as the main protagonist. She was absolutely a Mary Sue with little to no personality, cries over Takaomi in almost every chapter; screams at the boys often as if that’s her only character trait; her role to the story is to save the world, but doesn’t. There was this build up for her but she does absolutely nothing in the end. It was all Takaomi. She was an underwhelming character altogether. Her “romance” with Takaomi had literally no chemistry either. The fact he’s 15 and she’s 10 is a gross age gap; and he kissed her and tried to make moves on her before. Why even depict this kind of “romance” in a childrens manga? This is not a good look lol

I always wanted to read this as a kid, but knowing me I probably would never have understood what was going on. I’m glad I saved myself until I was an adult to read this. Unfortunately, I’m rating this 3/10. It was just not as good as I thought it’d be.
azenobioJul 31, 2022 7:24 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen Densetsu Takamagahara Chapter 21 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 29, 2020

1 by azenobio »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:02 AM

Poll: » Mugen Densetsu Takamagahara Chapter 10 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 28, 2020

1 by azenobio »»
Jul 11, 2022 9:40 AM

Poll: » Mugen Densetsu Takamagahara Chapter 15 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 28, 2020

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 28, 2020 7:33 PM

Poll: » Mugen Densetsu Takamagahara Chapter 5 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 24, 2020

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 24, 2020 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.