Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2019
I had really positive thoughts on this drama since all you guys were saying how it's not made by Netflix or how they put lots of money per episode, but imo, this kinda sucked.

the shadows and lights were all off on the monsters, they felt not "real", you know, I was easily able to see the flaws. All those years of watching Corridor Crew has paid off lol.

The first 2 episodes felt fine, maybe episode 1 was way too slow idk, but everything else felt wayyy too rushed. The ending was not even the same, I didn't really get to see much of the characters really.

All in all, not really so satisfied with this lol. I would've preferred it better if they spent more of their budget on the monsters. That kinda threw me off from watching this.

I still love the manhwa tho, even if this drama was the last thing I expected.
Dec 19, 2020 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
where did live actions stoped
Dec 19, 2020 11:15 PM

Dec 2019
I haven't watch it yet, but that line with the monsters didn't felt real? that is the last thing I want to hear from this adaptation
Dec 20, 2020 3:52 AM

Jan 2018
I think it was fucking awesome. One of my favourite kdramas out of the 75 I've seen.
Dec 20, 2020 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
So, was it shit or not? More opinions,please.
Dec 24, 2020 4:37 AM

Sep 2013
I haven't read this yet, but it was better than expected. I think the monsters were the best part of this, i liked their designs. I didn't like the two actors playing the firefighter and the leader of the group with the glasses (maybe it's just his character), they were lifeless. I hated that characters take so long to react to something and just stand there watching. Overall its a fun drama for killing time.
Dec 24, 2020 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
I also have watched quite a fair share of Kdramas myself. I think the adaptation is quite good. Although a typical 16 episodes would have been better imo. But all in all pretty damn good, gave me Stranger from hell vibe.
Dec 26, 2020 6:53 PM
Dec 2018
Personally, I was not a fan. I didn't mind the poor animation or the slight changes made in the first half of the adaptation. That being said, the last three episodes severely disappointed me. They wandered way to far from the story and destroyed the ending thus ruining the theme and overall feeling and emotion of Sweet Home all together.

Also, it was very rushed. The characters didn't receive the proper attention and characterization. I had no connection to the characters in the adaptation compared to the original characters.
Dec 30, 2021 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
Hydroalbidius said:
where did live actions stoped

When the MC was in front of all the people with lights facing him. He walked out of the building, under the bridge and kept on walking.
Jan 11, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
I watched some episodes but i was seriously disappointed how they changed one major character entirely? Or did i quit too early to see Wook Pyeon (https://myanimelist.net/character/180815/Wook_Pyeon) anywhere?
Jun 21, 2022 2:44 AM
Dec 2015
I actually liked the Netflix adaptation(back then didn't know it was based on manhwa) at 1st but now after finishing the original manhwa I'm actually disappointed they changed everything except for the beginning parts hell even when there are plenty of characters they still went & created a new female MC who took major screen time & credit for the stuff done by others in the manhwa.
Dont bother with the series the original is way better in every way possible
Jul 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Jun 2015
_Exactly said:
I had really positive thoughts on this drama since all you guys were saying how it's not made by Netflix or how they put lots of money per episode, but imo, this kinda sucked.

the shadows and lights were all off on the monsters, they felt not "real", you know, I was easily able to see the flaws. All those years of watching Corridor Crew has paid off lol.

The first 2 episodes felt fine, maybe episode 1 was way too slow idk, but everything else felt wayyy too rushed. The ending was not even the same, I didn't really get to see much of the characters really.

All in all, not really so satisfied with this lol. I would've preferred it better if they spent more of their budget on the monsters. That kinda threw me off from watching this.

I still love the manhwa tho, even if this drama was the last thing I expected.
Personally, there were moments in the live adaptation where it felt kinda off when I compare it to the comic, some moments where it felt like they skipped some minor shit. Yeah, it felt like that at different moments. The flow of the live adaptation was not there. However, overall, I've watched until the 8th episode? It's alright, I guess. I can see how someone who hasn't read the comic can enjoy this without looking too much into the details. For me, once I'm done with the live adaptation, I'm diving straight back to finishing the webcomic. I have a few chapters to finish up!!!! Let's go!!
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.

More topics from this board

» Should I have to read Shotgun boy before this?

Shaghaf - Oct 28, 2022

5 by Alexioos95 »»
May 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 141 Discussion

waalex11 - Aug 31, 2020

31 by astoneon »»
Mar 12, 2:18 PM

» Live Action Season 02: Worth a Shot?

Allen_014 - Dec 7, 2023

3 by asdfkata »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:11 AM

» Netflix Adaption

removed-user - May 21, 2020

37 by p4ssionyoung »»
Aug 4, 2022 12:43 PM

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 19 Discussion

MysticGekkougaZ - Dec 26, 2021

0 by MysticGekkougaZ »»
Dec 26, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.