Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think it's wrong for a girl to go to be in University even tho she wants to be a housewife

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2020 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Lalala1412 said:
Well not really "wrong" just "useless" you know, since its expensive and very tough. I don't know i just want your opinion as male or female who live in this century, preferably with gender reveal, thank you

female here - I think that's fine as long as she does what she wants because if she's feeling forced to go to college but doesn't want that then she's going to waste alot of money and time. I don't think it's the smartest path but everyone finds their own way.
Oct 26, 2020 12:38 PM

Nov 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:
Wish I could be a housewife, but I'm a straight man so that option isn't available to me. We're expected to work ourselves to death and die early because of our sex. Choices aren't available to us.

We hold open doors, we pay checks, we don't cry and stay strong, we go to war, we keep our emotions all bottled up...but somebody wants to stay home all day 'looking after the kids'.

Hell yes you should get an education...Jesus, if you have the opportunity then take it. Are you kidding me? What if you get divorced or the guy cheats on you or some other bad thing happens? You want something to fall back on. Don't be a passive houseplant, help your kids, education is good for you, be a model citizen. Education can only make you better. It will make you a better person, mother, citizen, partner etc etc for your community, your family and yourself and your own aspirations.

When some dude says, "I want to geek out and play video games for the rest of my life," he's an immediate outcast. When a girl says, "I want to pump out babies and stay at home," it's golden trophies. This fucking world.

I mean goshdarn, the double fucking standard. And now women work and single income homes are gone so they want two incomes...shit right there, great reason to get an education. Make sure you can imagine the position you want somewhere before you start, research the job market! Get an internship! Start applying summer after freshman year for training, because once you graduate they want years of experience.

People are desperate out there and can't afford an education and you're saying it's not worth the effort...I guess Xbox is worth the effort and cheeto hands.

What an utterly repulsive way of speaking about women who have chosen to embrace their femininity despite all the social pressures of society today trying to steer them away from it. You should be honored to find a woman who is eager to be the mother of your children instead of thinking in such a myopic way about whether your wife is working exactly the same amount of hours as you are or whether you are expected to show basic manners to a woman.

The fact is that there is a price for being able to enjoy a woman who cultivates her beauty, sweetness, and sensuality. The price is that you take on most of the responsibility for her so that when you come home, you return to an adorable wife who's been waiting all day for you.

Perhaps if we didn't have so many neutered men these days with a sex drive resembling a man in their 60s instead of their 20s they would be able to appreciate that life but instead we've got a generation of broken men with no life spirit in them who just want to sit around playing video games all day for the rest of their life.

Exactly, thank you for agreeing with me, well done.

Of course you appear to be a conservative and talking crap a little bit, which is fine. But single income households would be a good step towards the paradise you're speaking of.
Oct 26, 2020 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
well thats a lot of money being wasted for nothing...
Oct 26, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
@AnimeFeminist

I'm not a corporate/free market dick sucker, I am more centrist or centre-right on economic issues. Quite frankly I view excessive corporate culture as being just as much of a threat to the nuclear family and traditional relationships as feminism is because their goal is essentially to have people dedicate as much of their lives to work and the success of the company as possible and my goal is for people to dedicate themselves to their children and spouse. Your spouse and your children should be #1 in your life.

Not a fan of communism either though as that is dedicating yourself to the state.

You have no evidence that domestic abuse was any worse in the 1950s or 1960s than it is now. I actually suspect that its worse today because chivalry is dead. Men from traditional families are taught not to hit women and to be gentlemen.

Given that there are no statistics from the 1950s on domestic violence prevalence that I can find. The best substitute we can use is religious families vs non-religious families and studies indicate that there is essentially no difference...

https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-ties-that-bind

However, religious women did report being 50% more likely to be satisfied with their sexual relationship. 38% of highly religious women report being sexually satisfied compared to 23% of secular women. Although religious men cheated more often than secular men... Secular women were by far the most likely to cheat in a relationship. Nearly all groups with gender traditional relationships were more satisfied with their relationships, except for secular women in gender traditional relationships. Religious relationships overall faired the best though.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/the-sexual-revolutionaries-got-sexual-satisfaction-all-wrong/

This quote below sums up my entire feelings on "the sexual revolution."

"Sexual liberation has all too often brought neither sex nor liberation, and thanks to the work of the IFS, we can respond to felt need with real data. Are you seeking love in this life? The church doors are always open, and while matchmaking isn’t its purpose, the connection to a holy God carries with it connection to his flawed people, and in those connections you can find profound joy."

Finding reliable statistics from that period is going to be difficult partially because a lot of domestic abuse went unreported and partially because during that time period domestic violence was considered a form of therapy.
"‘The periods of violent behavior by the husband,’ the doctors observed, ‘served to release him momentarily from his anxiety about his ineffectiveness as a man, while giving his wife apparent masochistic gratification and helping probably to deal with the guilt arising from the intense hostility expressed in her controlling, castrating behavior.’"
https://time.com/3426225/domestic-violence-therapy/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2137649/Only-Mad-Woman-50s-golden-age-No-career-No-mortgage-No-bank-account-A-husband-wouldnt-lift-finger--dont-started-girdles-A-new-book-says-forget-nostalgia.html
https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/long-history-of-silence-on-domestic-violence/article_d21297c8-f870-51c4-b88c-14dbba695142.html

Is that really the time period that we should strive to comeback to?
It's interesting to note that throughout every era there were those who believed that previous eras are superior.
The quote "Nothing is more responsible for the good old days that a bad memory" is a quote that has been repeated in one form or another regularly throughout 20 century as least as far back as may of 1913.
So there were people in 1913 wanting to go back to good old days.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/05/04/old-days/
It seems we will always suffer people with this mistaken believes about the past.
Were our values really better in 50s?
Back then being openly racist was much more socially acceptable, black people had to endure violence and injustice as they fought for basic equal treatment under the law let alone fighting for basic social equality, gay people were wildly discriminated against, castigated and had to stay in closet.
I guess some people want to go back to that time period because people of their demographic held more power and influence, never mind that it was demonstrably worse, less safe and less free time to be alive.

You say you're against big government, but what even is a big government?
For example republicans claim that they are in favor small government, but they spend insane amount of money on military over 50% of budget, they bailout corporations and banks and are in favor of corporate welfare.
When they say small government what they really mean no social safety nets like healthcare, minimum wage(if minimum wage kept up with inflation today it would be around $20 per hour), welfare they give massive tax cuts to the rich that are already tax dodger.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/minimum-wage-productivity_n_2680639?guccounter=1
Just look at our current crisis and who mostly profited from it.
It was the 1%. Jeff Bezos doubled his net worth all the while people are losing their jobs and being evicted from their homes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2020/08/26/worlds-richest-billionaire-jeff-bezos-first-200-billion/
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/why-amazon-paid-no-federal-income-tax.html
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/feb/15/amazon-tax-bill-2018-no-taxes-despite-billions-profit

They are a party of 1% they don't care about common people.
Nuclear family that you envisioned isn't even feasible for most people in our current economic system considering how expensive it is to raise children and how much money would they have to make and add to that the fact that wages have been stagnant for 40 years already no in small thanks to republicans like Ronald Reagan and other neoliberals that followed him that destroyed US economy.
Even if they mange to get a job, keeping it is whole other issue.
What is family going to do when corporation decided to do some downsizing and fire their employees who have no protection thanks to employment at will and right to work laws?
Like Activision did during the year that they had record profits.
https://www.engadget.com/2019-02-12-activision-blizzard-layoffs-800-employees-record-2018.html
There are many other problems that I talked about in my other post like what would happen to a wife if she got divorced or husband dies, how is she going to support herself and children?

Out of curiosity would you be ok with reverse scenario one where wife works and husband stays at home?
How about if wife works from home or both parents work from home?

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Oct 26, 2020 2:59 PM

May 2016
Just because she wants to be a housewife doesn't mean she will succeed in that, or it may take a while for her to succeed.

Always best to have contingency plans.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 26, 2020 8:14 PM

Mar 2019
@AnimeFeminist

If the wife worked and the husband stayed at home it would be fine if not for the fact that women's attraction to their husband tends to plummet faster than a boulder rolled off a cliff when that happens.

Having a similar mindset does not imply factual inaccuracy. The past can be better but it can also be worse.

The 1950s was openly racist against black people and the 2010s and 2020s are openly racist towards white people so as far as I am concerned we haven't made much progress on that front we've just exchanged one culture of discrimination for another. Now if you compared the 2000s to the 1950s, you would've had a good case to make.

To answer your questions though, you don't have to resurrect literally everything from the 1950s including the corporal punishment and racism. You look at what worked and what didn't work and incorporate those lessons into your future plans. You don't just look at a system which largely did work pretty well and dismiss the whole thing as a failure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2020 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
Yep. More debt for your husband to inherit đź‘Ť
oh snap
Oct 26, 2020 8:22 PM

Apr 2020
If its a useful degree and she pays it off or helps pay it off then I see no problem, its good to have that security just in case, and I don't see what's wrong with it.

But the responsibility of paying shouldn't be on the husband, she would also have to contribute that would only be fair.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Should we drop medicine on the North Sentinel Islands?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

16 by Rinrinka »»
17 minutes ago

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

24 by 9765 »»
2 hours ago

» External SSD

RudeRedis - Yesterday

7 by RudeRedis »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Let's appreciate MAL

Shizuna - Jun 6

22 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
3 hours ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

57 by truaquapolis »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.