Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2017
While they only released 5 soundtracks made by Kajiura in Vol.1, now we have +40 by Go Shiina, we can pretty much say he's actually carrying the soundtrack almost by himself!!
This is probably his best work, at least for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mat8Aos2hg

I don't know if we'll get more Kajiura tracks but I hope so, Zenitsu's theme isn't here, for example. BD vol.3 won't contain music, we'll see after that.
KaiserFGOAug 30, 2019 3:15 PM
Aug 30, 2019 2:55 PM

Jun 2019
Thanks! I'd have been nice to know the name of soundtracks too but it doesn't matter that much.
Aug 31, 2019 7:26 AM

May 2015
i saw a comment that say that go shina said he made 600 tracks for kimetsu no yaiba,and only 300 of those were used in the anime.
Aug 31, 2019 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
nanashi796 said:
i saw a comment that say that go shina said he made 600 tracks for kimetsu no yaiba,and only 300 of those were used in the anime.

That’s quite the number, although I’m not very impressed by it. I’ve noticed that a lot of sings were created and used just for specific scenes.
Guess the other 300 will be eventually used for a second season
Aug 31, 2019 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
Kaiser_Senpai said:
While they only released 5 soundtracks made by Kajiura in Vol.1, now we have +40 by Go Shiina, we can pretty much say he's actually carrying the soundtrack almost by himself!!

I don't know if we'll get more Kajiura tracks but I hope so, Zenitsu's theme isn't here, for example. BD vol.3 won't contain music, we'll see after that.
Xenocrisi said:
nanashi796 said:

That’s quite the number, although I’m not very impressed by it. I’ve noticed that a lot of sings were created and used just for specific scenes.

You guys might want to check out the ANN interview with KnY producer if you haven't yet:
Kajiura-san has contributed five songs to Demon Slayer, so we began with those as the central pillar to expand the imagery for the soundtrack. Based on the pillar created by those five songs, Shiina-san develops an ongoing film-style score that is matched specifically to scenes in the show. At this point, Shiina-san has contributed probably a couple hundred songs to the series. So they are working from separate processes rather than in a collaboration.

So according to him, Kajiura only created 5 central soundtracks which is in Vol 1 while Shiina expands on those to be used in each specific scenes. So yeah, Shiina did carry the whole soundtrack based on Kajiura's foundation.

Full interview: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-08-28/interview-demon-slayer-producer-yuma-takahashi/.149177

Sep 1, 2019 3:04 AM

Apr 2017
EasyGo-er said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

Xenocrisi said:

You guys might want to check out the ANN interview with KnY producer if you haven't yet:
Kajiura-san has contributed five songs to Demon Slayer, so we began with those as the central pillar to expand the imagery for the soundtrack. Based on the pillar created by those five songs, Shiina-san develops an ongoing film-style score that is matched specifically to scenes in the show. At this point, Shiina-san has contributed probably a couple hundred songs to the series. So they are working from separate processes rather than in a collaboration.

So according to him, Kajiura only created 5 central soundtracks which is in Vol 1 while Shiina expands on those to be used in each specific scenes. So yeah, Shiina did carry the whole soundtrack based on Kajiura's foundation.

Full interview: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-08-28/interview-demon-slayer-producer-yuma-takahashi/.149177

Hm, didn't check that ANN post tbh, I was about to, but forgot it somehow XD
But okay, I was hoping for more Kajiura tracks but Shiina has been amazing so I'm really okay with that! Maybe she'll come back with some tracks for a possible season 2, who knows.
Sep 1, 2019 3:44 AM

Jul 2010
Thank you very much :)

More topics from this board

» Netflix Reveals Its Most-Watched Anime TV Shows of 2024 in Official Ranking

Hickykissy - Sep 20

16 by matraph00 »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

310 by Lucai_kaii »»
Sep 18, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

280 by humungadunga64 »»
Sep 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

275 by chris1763 »»
Sep 6, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

221 by AZN_07 »»
Sep 1, 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.