Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, what a mess this show was.
I seen shows being rushed before. But this is probably the worst i've seen so far.
First time skip, Eiji goes off to fight, big bang and we have a new plot 3 years in the future.
Then in this episode, Le Cain appears to fight Eiji, the artifact makes a huge flash, and bamm we have the survivors form mars talk about how they met Eiji. With a little hint that Eiji is alive.

This is one of the worst sci-fi shows out there.
Could have been a great, given they didn't have to resort to time skips.
But i suppose it wasn't that popular, to end this abruptly.
Aug 17, 2020 5:54 PM

Feb 2008
Vargr said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, what a mess this show was.
I seen shows being rushed before. But this is probably the worst i've seen so far.
First time skip, Eiji goes off to fight, big bang and we have a new plot 3 years in the future.
Then in this episode, Le Cain appears to fight Eiji, the artifact makes a huge flash, and bamm we have the survivors form mars talk about how they met Eiji. With a little hint that Eiji is alive.

This is one of the worst sci-fi shows out there.
Could have been a great, given they didn't have to resort to time skips.
But i suppose it wasn't that popular, to end this abruptly.

Yeah, it could've been great. The time gap between episode 37 and 38 was just too much. It's unfortunate too since I thought this show had great potential. Oh well, I enjoyed the journey up to episode 37, so I won't judge it too harshly since it was canceled prematurely.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Nov 3, 2020 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
[quote=TemplarXIII message=60504578]
Vargr said:

Yeah, it could've been great. The time gap between episode 37 and 38 was just too much. It's unfortunate too since I thought this show had great potential. Oh well, I enjoyed the journey up to episode 37, so I won't judge it too harshly since it was canceled prematurely.

Yup, I knew that had to be the case and I was worried that this was going to happen. The potential this show had was off the charts. Really unfortunate, but meh.. the journey friggin rocked. Maybe the OVAs will add more to the plot?
Nov 4, 2020 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
mshea1213 said:
Maybe the OVAs will add more to the plot?

TemplarXIII said:
Oh well, I enjoyed the journey up to episode 37, so I won't judge it too harshly since it was canceled prematurely.

Gotta say, i was only recomended this, because i mostly ran out of sci-fi i am interested in.
It is somewhat similar to Ideon, except that one was less suffering to complete.
Then again, Mugen no Ryvius is also somewhat similar, and that one was also boring me to death.

Regarding the OVAs i didn't have the willpower yet to watch them. The first 2 episode being re-caps, and the third being basically an extended last episode. I don't think i will do so anytime soon.
Nov 4, 2020 3:40 PM

Jul 2016
[quote=Vargr message=61066239]
mshea1213 said:

Gotta say, i was only recomended this, because i mostly ran out of sci-fi i am interested in.
It is somewhat similar to Ideon, except that one was less suffering to complete.
Then again, Mugen no Ryvius is also somewhat similar, and that one was also boring me to death.

Regarding the OVAs i didn't have the willpower yet to watch them. The first 2 episode being re-caps, and the third being basically an extended last episode. I don't think i will do so anytime soon.

I will check out Ideon. For me, the first two OVAs will be a great trip to view and the 3rd will be what I want to see the most.. so no suffering on my part ;).

Was there any particular part where you went "Eh, not for me"? When the story suddenly switched to what felt like an entire new series, I thought it would fall off a cliff for me.
Nov 5, 2020 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
mshea1213 said:
Was there any particular part where you went "Eh, not for me"? When the story suddenly switched to what felt like an entire new series, I thought it would fall off a cliff for me.

Well, it's not the first time i seen time skips.
"looking at you Tengen Toppa"
But these were terrible. It was like introucing an entirely new story with the same characters.
Especially the resistance stuff.
Time skips weren't the only flaw of the series though. The premise was interesting, the execution isn't as much.
Mar 28, 2021 6:24 PM

Mar 2013
This has got to be the worst final episode I've ever seen in an anime. What the hell happened!?

This show got recommended to me for years and I was extremely happy with how things were developing during the first 24 episodes. The things got weaker and weaker after the time skip and this final episode ruined the whole thing.

I know there's an OVA that replaces this episodes, I watched it and it's decent but it really seems like Takahashi had a problem wrapping up shows. The same thing kinda happened with VOTOMS.
May 30, 2021 12:13 PM

Oct 2008
TRI_Mike said:
This has got to be the worst final episode I've ever seen in an anime. What the hell happened!?

This show got recommended to me for years and I was extremely happy with how things were developing during the first 24 episodes. The things got weaker and weaker after the time skip and this final episode ruined the whole thing.

I know there's an OVA that replaces this episodes, I watched it and it's decent but it really seems like Takahashi had a problem wrapping up shows. The same thing kinda happened with VOTOMS.

I went into votoms with high hopes, and got disappointed. I had negative expectations for this one, and it still let me down.
Apr 23, 2023 6:52 PM
Dec 2015
Potential was there, but what a let down that was 
Jan 21, 3:22 PM

Sep 2020
Oof, what a disaster. It was cool that they showed how it all would've ended but it was too abrupt and unsatisfying, and almost makes me with they had left off at a cliffhanger.

The actual show was alright, with the 1st half being better. It's a shame it went from a good space chase to a boring Nazi occupation parallel (they wanted to erase human culture but the Grados didn't seem to bring anything to the table?). It's not a stretch to say that the battles were the best thing, but it was so infuriating how everytime things started picking up and we were about to get some big revelation, it always got shutdown:

- learn about Eiji's father from the UN guy? Nope.
- V-Max and Folon? Nah.
- the big fight before the time jump? Nothing to see.
- Grados seal secret? Pass.
- Le Caine fight? Oh, you were still here?

Anything interesting was waved over and left too many unanswered Qs, like how did Eiji survive that suicide rush into the pre-time skip battle & what was he doing for those missing 3 years? And who sent the meet up invitations? I sincerely doubt it was Rohan.

I don't know when the axe was dropped but I can bet that all this BS contributed to the failure to capture the audience. VOTOMS is one of my favorite shows so this was extra disappointing.

7 comets a' crashing /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 6 Discussion

Skydis - Feb 8, 2023

1 by ggultra2764 »»
May 20, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 29 Discussion

RX-782 - Mar 29, 2014

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 20, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 26 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 27, 2014

4 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 21 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 17, 2014

2 by Eziprez »»
May 12, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 18 Discussion

Eziprez - Apr 30, 2023

0 by Eziprez »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.