Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 3:56 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so everyone is dead, pretty tragic story and reading the afterword even revealed how dark tezuka himself thought the story was. was a great ride
Sep 13, 2020 9:33 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't anticipate such an epic tragedy for a climax! I was worried that Gen was willing to abandon his jailbreak brothers and his justice would become remorseless as well, but that didn't happen. They came together in the end, alongside the unlikely companionship of Gen and Kanihei. We even got the payoff of their peanut training after doubting their skills all this time to take down Alabaster himself! Speaking of payoff, we had Kanihei and Ami mirror their introduction as kids, Kanihei carrying a crying Ami on his back, probably a symbolic representation of the return in spirit. And when Rock showed up earlier, I was shocked and the 'why won't you die' showdown between him and Gen was brilliantly drawn. Super cathartic.

But that's the epic part, the tragedy was EVERYONE BUT KANIHEI DYING!! I didn't anticipate that... Conflict may he inevitable, but I suppose those who can stick by their principles and act selfless to death are truly beautiful. The boys who didn't become what they hated, and fought with compassion in mind instead of hatred. Something like that. I would have thought they would have been the true beauty, someone who didn't fight for themselves in the end, Alabaster was looking for stated back in chapter 4. Still, even reading this text as a look into the frailty/cruelty of the human spirit as well as its strength, ending the series like this is still quite the choice and it makes me think there's far more to unpack here..

More topics from this board

» Noir Caesar Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Graphic Novel Based on Osamu Tezuka's Alabaster Manga

Old_School_Akira - Oct 4, 2023

1 by Lucifrost »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:28 PM

Poll: » Alabaster Chapter 9 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 13, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Poll: » Alabaster Chapter 7 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 11, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 11, 2020 4:32 PM

Poll: » Alabaster Chapter 6 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 11, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 11, 2020 3:53 PM

Poll: » Alabaster Chapter 5 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 10, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 10, 2020 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.