Forum Settings
Forums

Being objective about anime, old can be as good as new. They are equals but different.

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 24, 2019 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
"Being objective about anime"

Welcome to the world that never was. Featuring the sentence above.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Feb 24, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2018
Lil_Pac said:
Society improves over time. All old anime is trash compared to the new stuff. People who praise garbage like Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion are just blinded by nostalgia
I'll assume that you are trolling or you are just a kid.

Malevolent-Fae said:
"Being objective about anime"

Welcome to the world that never was. Featuring the sentence above.
Another one alergic to the word objecive and doesn't read what I meant.
konkelo said:
DaCraziGuy said:
I think that both things were and are important. I think that the technical development helped a lot with some things like special effects(especially their sound) and light, I agree that the budget may be a bit bigger now but it still is an issue. Animation is always related to time and money tho, + frames = better animation, not much science there. The backgrounds is simple too, +detail = better backgrounds. Character designs is almost 100% subjective, and I usually prefer the old one in this one, having characters that actually look different is something that I love.

I'm not sure what had more impact on the industry and probably money is more important(and time too), but probably your average show can look better because of how good technology is now(it's easier to do your job now so you need less time to do something decent), so I think both are important things.

Didn't think about sound but there I can see how technical development has helped. Special effects and light I disagree because using traditional animation medium you'd still be able to achieve similar product but you'd either need to know what to do or experiment a lot. But yeah I think my stand on this might lean too much on ~believing~, as I like to think if studios would have had enough time and money they could have done easily shows with animation rivaling 2000's and 2010's highly acclaimed shows already in the 60's with traditional way. Sadly money and time has always been issue with tv animation.

How much money studios now days have compared to past would be interesting to know, also price differences in supplies and worker's payment from different decades. I think now we can just speculate, like in the 60's and 70's there really wasn't sponsors compared to now and there wasn't really "otaku" culture yet developed to sell merchandise so children were usually target audience. Supplies and pay I'm not sure, however during the 80's quite many western animation, american ones especially, were outsourced to Japan so I take it was cheaper at least from Western world. However now situation is both Japan and USA outsource animation often to South-Korea, so there could as well be change in cost to higher from past.
Yeah, we can just speculate about it and watch the good ones that we got and that we are gonna get.
Feb 24, 2019 1:28 PM

Feb 2018
You can't be objective about entertainment, so if someone thinks all old anime is trash, that's a completely legitimate opinion to have.
Feb 24, 2019 1:32 PM
Feb 2009
Lil_Pac said:
DaCraziGuy said:
I'll assume that you are trolling or you are just a kid.

Yeah, we can just speculate about it and watch the good ones that we got and that we are gonna get.

Wow I give my opinion and I get called a troll/kid. This is why so many people are afraid to speak out and give their opinion, because people like you would just ridicule us

I could go with, I wonder if Jews thought Nazis were i´an improb´vement over the past but that's really messed up so sorry.

Give me good arguments that society has improved.
While technology improves, society has gone downhill. Search Youtube for examples. And then we have kids who idolise the dumbasses there.
Number of people whou are out of touch from reality is increasing.

People don't get old anime because they are out of touch from history. Hell, most don't know what a rotary phone was (I haven't used 1 but at least know it.
Also, young peole are accustomed to easy laughs now. Complex plots from old anime doesn't appeal to them.
Feb 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
DaCraziGuy said:

Here is a tip. Don't use the word "objective". Period. No matter if you don't talk about objectivity, that makes the usage of the word even more pointless.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Feb 24, 2019 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
Malevolent-Fae said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Here is a tip. Don't use the word "objective". Period. No matter if you don't talk about objectivity, that makes the usage of the word even more pointless.
Here is a tip, read. What I meant by being objective is looking at the show by what it is and understand what it tried to do. That can be objectively done, an opinion is never objective tho.

It's sad to see people that thing that there is no logic behind your everyday stuff, everything is based on something solid aka a fact. If you like those facts or you don't is another story and everyone can think different about them.
Feb 24, 2019 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
what you say makes sense howver.. be open minded guys, we can be whatever we want to be.
the context of this thread is our objectivy around anime so be it play by the rule.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

30 by logopolis »»
1 minute ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

32 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» Does your opinion of a voice actor change when you hear them voice characters in hentai?

Dragevard - Yesterday

16 by laymey »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

10 by Coaghim »»
7 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

solacez - Yesterday

56 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.