Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2021 5:17 PM
Feb 2021
Case 2 was totally better to an case 1 I was kinda happy to see kagari and tomomi but sad Bc of there death In s1 but this was nice backstory overall
Jul 24, 2021 12:23 PM
Aug 2015
I didn't expect the movies to be this good!
Awesome storyline and storytelling. Also seeing Masaoka and Kougami again was beautifully nostalgic <3
May 26, 2022 5:05 PM

Dec 2007
at first i thought concentrating on teppei was kind of random, we barely knows that guy lol.
but when they returned old characters as masako and kougami (though kougami had barely any time screen lol) it only get better and better.
unlike the first case which felt to me forced in the action, the action here was great and the fist fight didn't felt unnecessary unlike in the first case.
and teppei development made it whole worth.
and i truly didn't anticipated that rin would be the criminal.

not good as the first movie, but it deserves the same score to my taste.
8/10
Jun 12, 2022 5:25 AM
Jan 2021
Watched the movie, it was entertaining and most importantly, Look, who is back? I miss Kagari in this scene though
bryn12cnsgndJun 12, 2022 5:52 AM
Jul 6, 2022 7:05 AM

Aug 2017
Similar vibe to the previous movie (a government organization with a separate sphere of its own hides something nuclear in secret before PSB gets involved), but it's a well-made revenge plot indeed.
Aug 13, 2022 10:55 PM
Jul 2022
Awe i missed the old cast. this one was a lot better then the first. 7/10 Masaoka is just so cool, great dad imo. on to case 3!!!
Mar 15, 2023 9:36 PM
Jun 2014
Really liked the whole episode right up till the end where they caught up to the operations chief. He had a real gun, missed the first shot, and I guess that was his last bullet? Then he runs like a scared cat when he dominator is pointed at him. That was real wack. 8lI was going to give this episode a 10/10, but after that, it's an 8/10.
Apr 9, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 2022
it was a good backstory about the guy with sniper dominator. i like seeing the mwpsb going after the JDF.
Jul 11, 2023 3:04 AM
Jul 2021
Who loses/forgets a SSBN's? C'mon!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 9, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 2015
I’ve been waiting a very long time to watch this part out of the trilogy. Having Masaoka as the front cover of the film made me very excited, and Now that’s it’s dubbed in English, here I am.

I really enjoyed this movie, it really brought back a lot of Season 1’s appeal. I never really paid any attention to Sugou, but this backstory was well done. Rather than being just another enforcer, I sympathize with everything he’s gone through.

He was a loyal soldier who had a close family he served with. It was sad that he had to leave his friends behind for the sake of the mission. That itself creates guilt, let alone knowing they more than likely didn’t survive. On top of finding out that Ootomo’s wife was pregnant and he’d have to explain what he was limited to her. When she slapped him, I felt bad, because it wasn’t his choice. No wonder his hue was disoriented when she lost the baby.

This whole time I thought Ootomo may have been upset with him for actually turning his back on him and not returning. or that he was using him as a decoy to seek revenge against the higher ups. I had my suspicions the wife was in on it as well, after losing her husband and child. But no, I didn’t think Ootomo was really gone and that the wife incorporated her memories and feeling into the dolls to carry out the mission. She was the true mastermind. This shows how far revenge can take someone. She was a hurt widow, and I don’t blame her after finding out the truth.

The true victim here is Sugou, having to witness all of this. He lost his friend and who his friend cared most for. All of that and she didn’t even get to see her justice carry over. She was killed by the very person she wanted to kill. Another representation that revenge kills. However, I’m glad the military dude was killed. And by the GOAT Masasoka at that.

I thought the film would be more about Masasoka but I’m glad we got to see a lot of screen time, and his vulnerable side with his wife. Ginoza shows how he’s still an immature child, but of course, this was still in his past.

The ending of the film really touched me, especially being in law enforcement. Masaoka’s views on things is how I feel. When you have those cases that you can enjoy the thrill and see justice through, makes all the bs worth it. Masaoka touched Sugou without him even realizing. You never know what your words can do to someone. The entire time, he inspired Sugou to keep pushing, thus becoming an Enforcer. When the credit rolled and it showed how Masaoka died in the course of an investigation (the one thing I hate Makishima for despite liking him), i got depressed all over again. He was really the best.

This is what I remember Psycho Pass to be. I wish this was still the case. On to part 3
Oct 26, 2023 7:01 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, those drones are consuming so much fuel! The fuel gauge went from 72% to 67% in just a few minutes.

I would give everything if I could have my arms upgraded in the same way as Itsuki. It must be easy to weight lift with those arms, and I can focus on improving my lower body since my arms will always be super strong.

I want that job as a drone pilot! I would enjoy getting paid to kill so many people using that thing. Easy peasy japanesey, and my hue will not be affected, I'm sure!

I spot a Bugatti Veyron. I wonder how much it would cost by 2112.
I feel Aoyanagi has romantic feelings for Masaoka.

Very good mystery thriller! It kept me guessing until the end. It's too bad Rin got herself killed. She's hot, and I thought she'd end up with Sugou. This was also a good backstory for him.
Feb 12, 4:49 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Banshee-IV
A nuclear submarine in a city called Dejima in Kyushu?

Dude, c'mon, this franchise couldn't be more blatant that it's ripping off Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex at this point.
@Banshee-IV I know this comment is 5 years old but Dejima is an actual place and it is in Kyushu and it was specifically a port for foreign contact in medieval Japan. And Psycho-Pass and Ghost in the Shell are made by the same studio.

This one was fine. I think rogue military operations and drone attacks in Tokyo works against the whole "Japan is the only safe place in the world" atmosphere of the series but I guess all I've been doing is complaining about the inconsistency of the world building on everything post-season 1. Maybe this premise just can't sustain itself logically for more than a season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Thoughts?

aulodian - Mar 31, 2018

7 by Dawizz »»
Jul 10, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.